• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I think the story will be
of how chara became who they are. I imagine it'll play at the meta angle by saying that chara became apathetic to everything due to the player choices. As in, they realized there was no point in doing anything when you can be forced to do something at any moment. Meaning that they didnt see a reason to form bonds with anyone anymore. This plays into the intro of the game with the line which roughly goes "you cant choose to be anything in this world".

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Annoying there's no save point
After the final boss. It makes going back to Sans tomorrow and exploring the post game content far harder.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if
Beating Jevil does anything? Having a tough time with him and I'm not sure if I should just skip it and go straight for the final boss.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah so attempting to kill any monster so far gives 0 EXP.

Genocide doesn't seem possible, as far as I can tell.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
Now that the game has 3 save slots

toby is gonna make some multiple save reading stuff or just being easier to replay the game?

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Is there any indication that the program is sending information over the network? I know this was framed as a "survey," but is any element of that actually true?

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
*stumbles into thread with his hands covering his eyes*

I'm assuming yes, but: Is it easy enough to pack up savegames from Appdata or whereever to switch between computers, or is it something a bit deeper than that? Might try to start this at work if I get a bit of free time.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
You know, one of the more unnerving things about this that I haven't seen mentioned is how the message of the dark world section of the game is actually very against the message of Undertale.

You can't solve everything peacefully. Not everybody can be reasoned with. The king of the dark world doesn't come around like Asgore or Asriel do. He can never be spared. Sure, ultimately things work out, he's thrown in prison and everything, but you didn't spare him. Suzie even says that sometimes you have to hurt people, and other characters treat this like it's a moment of character development for her. Which it is, since it's packaged along with her realisation that not everyone needs to be fought, and the ideology is itself not exactly wrong, but it is very different to the idealism of Undertale where everyone could be saved.

Along with how a lot of the characters and relationships are just outright wrong, it feels like this game may be something of a reflection on Undertale. Perhaps it'll delve deeper into the idea, in the murky distinction between who can and can't be saved.

If I wanted to get all GCSE English Literature student on it, the game does end with the character literally ripping Undertale's logo out of themselves.

Oct 25, 2017
*stumbles into thread with his hands covering his eyes*

I'm assuming yes, but: Is it easy enough to pack up savegames from Appdata or whereever to switch between computers, or is it something a bit deeper than that? Might try to start this at work if I get a bit of free time.
Looks like it's Appdata/Local/DELTARUNE/, but I haven't tested copying the files and such.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering this as well.

Perhaps Chapter 2 is out tomorrow? :O. It was 24 hours from the time the Undertale twitter went weird until game release after all... Another thing that supports this.... The game says don't discuss for 24 hours, maybe because part 2 will be outthen?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Where did you get C? I only found A and B.
For whoever wasn't able to find all the keys:
Gotta go to the ???? option in the castle elevator and talk with the prisoner first
Go back to the field, talk with the shopkeeper to get one
Go to the where all the card suits puzzles are, top area, there is a 4 piece puzzle, solve it to get one (diamonds, hearts, clubs, spades)
Go to the forest and go down an invisible path at the bottom of the dancers area to get one

Then fix the key with the hammer dude next to the bakery shops

Good luck.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Slow work day meant I could finish this during the day today. I liked it a lot, do we know yet if there are multiple endings?

Does anyone know if
Beating Jevil does anything? Having a tough time with him and I'm not sure if I should just skip it and go straight for the final boss.
Is this an optional/secret thing? I didn't encounter whatever this is.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
of how chara became who they are. I imagine it'll play at the meta angle by saying that chara became apathetic to everything due to the player choices. As in, they realized there was no point in doing anything when you can be forced to do something at any moment. Meaning that they didnt see a reason to form bonds with anyone anymore. This plays into the intro of the game with the line which roughly goes "you cant choose to be anything in this world".
I feel it too.

Also, listen to the King's dialogues. They're very important and really tells you what's happening.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
You know, one of the more unnerving things about this that I haven't seen mentioned is how the message of the dark world section of the game is actually very against the message of Undertale.

You can't solve everything peacefully. Not everybody can be reasoned with. The king of the dark world doesn't come around like Asgore or Asriel do. He can never be spared. Sure, ultimately things work out, he's thrown in prison and everything, but you didn't spare him. Suzie even says that sometimes you have to hurt people, and other characters treat this like it's a moment of character development for her. Which it is, since it's packaged along with her realisation that not everyone needs to be fought, and the ideology is itself not exactly wrong, but it is very different to the idealism of Undertale where everyone could be saved.

Along with how a lot of the characters and relationships are just outright wrong, it feels like this game may be something of a reflection on Undertale. Perhaps it'll delve deeper into the idea, in the murky distinction between who can and can't be saved.

If I wanted to get all GCSE English Literature student on it, the game does end with the character literally ripping Undertale's logo out of themselves.

Those are all great points, and that coincides with how Toby first alluded to this game back in 2015

Hmm...the alternate universe theory may hold more water than I originally thought.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Have you guys noticed that the

Quick travel doors look exactly like Sans's bedroom door in Undertale?

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
So, I'm only at the end of the forest maze, but it's really fun and hilarious so far. I'm a fan of the improved combat system so long as Toby keeps the crazy attack patterns and encounter designs coming. The contrast between your character's route and Susie's works well. Music's as good as I hoped.

No one else seems to have brought up this game's references to the Brandish series. Yet again you feel into a ruined kingdom, except now the protagonist even resembles Ares Toraernos. Seam's store is the most obvious callback since the music's basically Toby's version of a Brandish shop track. Susie reminds me of Dela Delon, too, with her stubbornness and threat level. One of the early cinematics directly references Ares and Dela falling into deep darkness.

Last edited:

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
So yeah I am fairly confident Genocide is impossible and I finally realized the reason why.

"No one can choose who they are in this world."

"If you haven't gotten it yet, your choices don't matter."

Well fucking done, Toby. I'm staring to think Deltarune is a sort of antithesis to the very concept of Undertale. I can't wait for future installments.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried

altering their system clock to November 1 to see if they can visit Sans tomorrow?

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Huh... something about the very start...

Naming your creation "Asriel" has the narrator say it's an interesting coincidence.

Oct 25, 2017
So yeah I am fairly confident Genocide is impossible and I finally realized the reason why.

"No one can choose who they are in this world."

"In case you haven't figured it out yet, your choices don't matter."

Well fucking done, Toby. I'm staring to think Deltarune is a sort of antithesis to the very concept of Undertale. I can't wait for future installments.
There is a file on the save folder that counts LOVE value though, so who knows.

Spooksy

Oct 28, 2017
Okay but the enemies comment about how nice you were at the end, does that happen if you fight them the whole time?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Every time Field of Hopes plays

AnimatedShabbyDwarfmongoose-size_restricted.gif

CypherSignal

Oct 25, 2017
So, here's a question I have...

Why are people trying to make so many connections between Deltarune and Undertale? Isn't there a chance that they're...
unrelated?

31eb5fe2731e39d.png

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Okay but the enemies comment about how nice you were at the end, does that happen if you fight them the whole time?
The ones in the diamond/heart rooms? If you fight some of them they'll be mad but you can ask for forgiveness and it says that like violence against one diamond enemy has been forgiven or something like that. I have no idea if it makes a difference in the end

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but humans and monsters weren't living together when Chara came to be. The mosnters were still underground at the time.

Comic

Nov 14, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone know if
I can't say about fighting him legit, but for putting him asleep I got some armor that was better than what I had. You can't spare him, I don't think.

JRBechard

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
You can repair the broken cake to make a really good healing item, and if you bring that back to the Cake Chef he trades it for a cake that heals a bit less, but he'll "keep giving you cakes forever if you don't have one on you"

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Anyone have a strategy for
Jevil? I keep trying to use Hypnosis on him, and the text says that he keeps getting tired, but I can't really survive long enough to see if it's having any real effect. Is that how you "beat" him, or do I just need to try and attack him? Maybe the fight will end automatically if I survive long enough?