• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Ryōko Kui's art is so charming and extremely well done from a character design standpoint; she has an art book that's worth checking out.

DH_7eufXoAAXoOB

1487445143473.jpg

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I picked up #7 the other day but haven't read it yet. Feels like she's slowing down in terms of release dates.

Hope everything is ok.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, so I picked this up because I saw a bump from this over the weekend. I binged up until the current chapter, and this is simply amazing. Seriously, all the characters are great, well drawn, awesome world mechanics/building, and no fanservice. I definitely will pick up the volumes when I can to add to my collection.

Thanks OP, and whoever was the one who bumped it that led to me learning about this manga.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Started reading this and I'm 12 chapters in, it's great. It's been on my list for a while. Just got past the painting part, was pretty fun to read. Looking forward to where the story goes.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I am bumping this old thread, because more people need to know how good this manga is and I don't feel like opening a new thread to sing its praises when this one exists.*

It is remarkable how effortlessly Ryoko Kui is able to ramp up and ramp down the seriousness of the proceedings. Going from lighthearted to dark shit never feels jarring, going from wacky cooking shenanigans to drama and high-stakes action scenes never feels jarring.

Also, it feels like we're in the endgame now.

* - I might open a thread to talk about how Captain Mithrun's teleportation magic is one of the coolest and scariest takes on teleportation powers I've seen in fiction though. Because that shit is fucking sick.

Gigan

Oct 27, 2017
Bought the first, then the last 7 books on a whim after reading about it on the vegetables-turned-pets thread. That's basically the best manga I've read for the past 10 years (but I don't read much manga. Don't kill me), so thank you Era ! <3

The story is basic at first but becomes insanely good after some chapters, the characters are adorable (Marcille is my fav but special mention to my himbo Laius, who went from bland protagonist to badass hero), storytelling and world building are top-notch. It's also wholesome af.

URGH I need the next chapters NOW ! It's so good !

* - I might open a thread to talk about how Captain Mithrun's teleportation magic is one of the coolest and scariest takes on teleportation powers I've seen in fiction though. Because that shit is fucking sick.

Also this ! I was kinda meh on the introduction of new characters that far in the story but holy shit, their power is incredible ! I want an anime adaptation only to see those fights in their full glory. <3

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
The most incredible thing about this manga is how it changes the tone from dark to humour and vice versa effortlessly.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
From all the manga and anime I experienced in my life, this sits on the very top in my mind, I just love it so much.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I can't believe they made this just as an ad for a manga volume.

I remember stumbling upon it on YT and being hyped, only to realize what I was actually looking at.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
Haha never expected so see this thread bumped again.

It's still my favorite manga of all time, not that I read many manga... But I think it's pretty close to perfect for me, between the incredible art, funny jokes, and darker themes.

I'm currently hoping Yen Press plans on localizing the Adventurer's Bible that was released last month, which is a book of character information, extra manga tidbits and bonus art.

Jul 19, 2020
I'm currently hoping Yen Press plans on localizing the Adventurer's Bible that was released last month, which is a book of character information, extra manga tidbits and bonus art.
I really hope so too. I know bits and pieces of the profiles have had TLs posted by fans who got the JP release but I'd love to own my own copy of it in English.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
God the last few chapters...

::chef's kiss::

What an amazing book this is.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
God the last few chapters...

::chef's kiss::

What an amazing book this is.
The dungeon master and a huge pack of different dragons in a gargantuan kitchen is such a fitting final hurdle for the Laos crew.

I may have popped off internally when Laios finally appeared behind Thistle at the end there.

And the Winged Lion, damn. Things are gonna take a turn for the worse for everyone.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how popular it is in Japan. I'd still love to see an anime but don't know the chances at this point.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I can't remember who recommended this manga in another thread in this place, but decided to give it a go a few months ago, and catched up with the latest chapters in like 2 days. I just couldn't stop reading lol

About the last chapters:

The Lion head has started to act very sus

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how popular it is in Japan. I'd still love to see an anime but don't know the chances at this point.
It's doing pretty well, from what I've seen!

Came 3rd in manga sales in the 3rd week of February according to this webpage and I know it's been on the recent polls for 'most wanted manga adaptation' (although I can't find where it placed on the most recent poll).

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
It's doing pretty well, from what I've seen!

Came 3rd in manga sales in the 3rd week of February according to this webpage and I know it's been on the recent polls for 'most wanted manga adaptation' (although I can't find where it placed on the most recent poll).

That's definitely good to hear! I sort of wondered if the quality of those ads perhaps were an indication but I don't know how common something like that is. I've seen some for other series in the past though not quite at that level.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I asked in another thread and a got a very good answer with sales numbers:
Title (Release Date | Number of Days in its first week) - First Week Sales / 4 Weeks Total

Delicious in Dungeon #1 (2015.01.15 | 4 days) - 51,910 / 104,956
Delicious in Dungeon #2 (2015.08.12 | 5 days) - 225,057 / 341,955
Delicious in Dungeon #3 (2016.08.12 | 3 days) - 242,593 / 480,857
Delicious in Dungeon #4 (2017.02.15 | 5 days) - 315,869 / 489,228
Delicious in Dungeon #5 (2017.08.10 | 4 days) - 270,572 / 466,798
Delicious in Dungeon #6 (2018.04.13 | 3 days) - 211,986 / 424,839
Delicious in Dungeon #7 (2019.04.12 | 3 days) - 144,914 / 363,762
Delicious in Dungeon #8 (2019.09.14 | 2 days) - 119,705 / 346,568
Delicious in Dungeon #9 (2020.05.15 | 3 days) - 135,713 / 288,429
Delicious in Dungeon #10 (2021.02.13 | 2 days) - 91,646 / ~245,000

It dropped a lot, though it still sells very well.
At its peak in 2017, it was in the Top 15 best-selling manga in sales per volume. Now, it's more around the top 25.

I can't remember who recommended this manga in another thread in this place, but decided to give it a go a few months ago, and catched up with the latest chapters in like 2 days. I just couldn't stop reading lol

About the last chapters:

The Lion head has started to act very sus
He's beyond sus at this point lol

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
I asked in another thread and a got a very good answer with sales numbers:
To complete what I said:

In 2017, it was the second best-selling manga (in sales per volume) that did not have any adaptation (anime or live-action), behind Wotakoi (which got one in 2018).

It still hasn't had one. Currently, manga with no adaptation that sell more than it are : Spy x Family, Kaiju No. 8, Chainsaw Man, The Apothecary Diaries and Shuumatsu no Vakyrie.

Chainsaw Man and Valkyrie already have an anime confirmed. SxF and Kaiju are basically guaranteed to get one soon. It's harder to say for The Apothecary Diaries.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like we're close to the end, so I'm hoping it gets adapted once complete, and the adaptation is well done and accurate.

That volume 8 ad is incredible, but I doubt the studio that did it (Trigger, apparently) will end up doing a full anime for it.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
It seems like we're close to the end, so I'm hoping it gets adapted once complete, and the adaptation is well done and accurate.

That volume 8 ad is incredible, but I doubt the studio that did it (Trigger, apparently) will end up doing a full anime for it.
The one thing about anime adaptation is that I'm not sure how they'd pace it.

Start to Red Dragon could easily make a 12-13 episode season, but after that, there aren't that many climatic ending points to end a season or a cour on, that are also separated from preceding climatic moments enough to pace a whole season/cour.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
So I finally caught up with this and wow! This is really fantastic. Such a simple premise that starts to organically unravel. Everything is well explained and the characters all have charm. Very surprised.

The way stuff turns up outta nowhere keeps me super engaged. Like the stakes pull up outta nowhere similar to how Beastars escalated very quickly at times.

Very good manga.