• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, they're claiming that overtime was never pulled. I call bs on that, but glad they're back tracking. If this turns out to be a smokescreen there will be a lot of whistleblowers, so I'm sure this will be followed through on.
Not really. That statement including "approved as needed" without specifying whether those defined needs have changed is pretty telling.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
"Oh wait, this thing we didn't think through is damaging our appeal to veterans and elderly who rely on the USPS to get their medication? Whoops!"

Ultimately their goal was to instill a fear of using the USPS to cast a ballot. They succeeded.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone explain exactly how getting rid of the sorting machines "saved money" exactly?

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Truckondo

Oct 25, 2017
Garden Grove, CA
They definitely were making cutbacks. The mail has been getting here but sometimes really late and few days skipped. Never had this issue until recently. There is no question the USPS can handle voting. Look at all the junk mail we get on a daily basis. It would be amazing to see credit card companies put a hold on their barrage of advertisements for a month to help alleviate the load of voter mail but that won't happen.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Still file those lawsuits

Still make him come infront of the House

Reverse all the changes made to before you started this shit

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Just red meat for the talking points, so they can claim the democrats are wasting time on a non issue.

the DNC won't buy it. They will demand the restoration of the removed items and machines whenhe Is called before the house next week.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damage was done and they haven't reversed any of it yet. I fully expect more to come as this guy is obviously not above lying or cheating.

Draper

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Harrisburg, PA
Maybe I'm being paranoid but this feels deliberate like they have a better alternative to fuck us over.

Like why the fuck would Trump make a 180 and tweet yesterday 'Save USPS!' ?

Dec 31, 2017
Doesn't mean shit until you reverse the damage.

I'm not accepting this as some kind of win when they've already done much of what they wanted.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Just red meat for the talking points, so they can claim the democrats are wasting time on a non issue.

the DNC won't buy it. They will demand the restoration of the removed items and machines whenhe Is called before the house next week.

Yeah, I don't think this changes a single Democrat's mind about necessary actions.

Like why the fuck would Trump make a 180 and tweet yesterday 'Save USPS!' ?

He's a literal internet troll.

Nov 2, 2019
Asshole: "I've completely fucked things up. 90% of my work done. Just a little more fuckery to go."

*Gets caught*

Asshole: "Ok ok ok, I'll stop."

*Shits still fucked up*

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone explain exactly how getting rid of the sorting machines "saved money" exactly?
I can. The machines being used to sort letters and flats are the ones being removed. Letter and Flat mail volume is down so restructuring sort programs, removing machines and reducing the workers needed to operate and maintain them saves money. The reduction in capacity to sort ballots is concerning.
I Work for the USPS btw.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Still file those lawsuits

Still make him come infront of the House

Reverse all the changes made to before you started this shit

Further, demand all documentation and correspondence related to the decision-process that led to adopting such changes. He didn't just wave a magic wand. Force him to reveal where and how the obvious fuckery came about. With zero experience, whom did he rely on to make decisions he is unqualified to making? Specifics. Logistics. Justifications. For each and every impacted station.

Force him to answer for firing experienced senior leadership at a most critical point for handling potentially record numbers of vote-by-mail adoption. Explain clearly how it isn't politically-motivated.

And so on...

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I can. The machines being used to sort letters and flats are the ones being removed. Letter and Flat mail volume is down so restructuring sort programs, removing machines and reducing the workers needed to operate and maintain them saves money. The reduction in capacity to sort ballots is concerning.
I Work for the USPS btw.

Can you say if you know what happened to the sorting machines, once removed?

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017
Overtime and extra trips are what they need to get the mail out and he's still holding the cards on that.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Further, demand all documentation and correspondence related to the decision-process that led to adopting such changes. He didn't just wave a magic wand. Force him to reveal where and how the obvious fuckery came about. With zero experience, whom did he rely on to make decisions he is unqualified to making?

Force him to answer for firing experienced senior leadership at a most critical point for handling potentially record numbers of vote-by-mail adoption. Explain clearly how it isn't politically-motivated.

And so on...

I just want to be clear (more for the sake of someone who might read this and think that the Democrats are not acting) that the House has already requested these documents (due this week) and has asked him to appear in front of a committee on Monday.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
You gonna pull that shit back from the dumpster? It's all bullshit. Reminder that this dude owns millions of dollars of stock in a company that steps in and gets paid to fill usps gaps.

This dude already took care of himself and his orange daddy. Put his ass in jail.

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017
Can you say if you know what happened to the sorting machines, once removed?
At the facility I work at one machine had been removed so far, I think some modules were used to increase capacity on another machine but other than that, I'm not sure. I can say that I doubt any machines will be put back in.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still dropping my ballot off at the county election office.

I don't trust that DeJoy won't come and personally take my ballot out, see I voted for Biden and then poop and pee all over my ballot and throw it in the trash.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I Work for the USPS btw.

Thanks for what you're doing over there.

So how bad would you say these changes have affected your branch?

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Lol the damage is already done. Put those machines back in place. Not only that, get this mother fucker under oath NOW. You think just because he says they arent making changes means hes telling the truth?? The truth means nothing to these fascist fucks.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Don't let up now, this is only a stop the pressure tactic. All of the prior changes need to be rolled back, and the Governors over this need to remove LeJoy from his position, they have the power to do so.

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for what you're doing over there.

So how bad would you say these changes have affected your branch?
Not much yet. I've been home waiting of Covid results so I'm not sure how bad it has gotten. We had still been using overtime but with the recent reorganization that may change soon. It seems that the bigger districts are the ones getting screwed.