• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, it's so weird to see my city still dismantling this shit even after he "suspended" the changes. Crock of shit.

Why the fuck isn't anyone doing anything about this?

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at a loss at how fucked up the USA is and how easy it was for their democracy to be openly attacked

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
It's incredibly stupid because this is a self sabotage as it also affects their own constituencies.

Oct 25, 2017
Saw Cher trending on Twitter just now...
Ef0IBFFXgAUPqmh

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's incredibly stupid because this is a self sabotage as it also affects their own constituencies.
It will mostly affect democrats. All the bottlenecks are densely populated areas which trend blue and are the only hopes of a win in swing states. Election is already stolen in my view. People getting evicted as well are having their voter registrations fucked with because they cant make the necessary changes on time to even vote in person.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Even if the plan was to mess with the election, DeJoy messed up royaly.

What is the plan for 3 months, no one gets mail?

I'm sure seniors will let it slide after missing all their medications...
It reflects the extent that Trump and the rest of his ghouls have no connection to how normal people live that they thought folks wouldn't notice what they were doing until it was too late. Although unless DeJoy caves to public pressure and resigns there's no one to hold him accountable. The board of governors is all Trump appointees and Trump will just find a new toadie to replace him.

Oct 26, 2017
It will mostly affect democrats. All the bottlenecks are densely populated areas which trend blue and are the only hopes of a win in swing states. Election is already stolen in my view. People getting evicted as well are having their voter registrations fucked with because they cant make the necessary changes on time to even vote in person.
mail ballots will be priority.

junk mail and packages will be kicked into warehouses and not focused on.

good luck getting anything you bought online from now til this is fixed.

no really

your gonna need it

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017

no really

your gonna need it
but that's the thing... the mail sorting machines will be gone so you need to do it by hand

the entire point of the changes are to fuck with the mail so much that by the time november 3rd rolls around, they'll be MONTHS behind

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I will be livid if they don't literally skin these people alive on national television. They're the biggest enemies to the United States we've had in many generations.
Every single one of them's gotta pay for what they've done, locked up and throw away the key. And any Trumper stan that "rises up" in an act of rebellion (against the "Deep State Dems", as their dumbass, delusions little minds believes) needs to be treated like we treat other terrorists (because any Right-wing nutjob IS a terrorist and is a threat to our democracy). Lock 'em ALL UP! Oubliette their asses!

Last edited:

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
I sent an important letter in the mail 6 weeks ago, the tracking number lost it, and it never arrived. That letter is probably shredded up inside one of those sorting machines sitting in a garage somewhere. Or at the bottom of a MASSIVE pile. USPS is probably already months behind, but mail is going straight up missing too.

Takamura-San

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that this will not stop until he's removed from a position of power. Also will not be restored until replaced with someone that wants to do that.

Republicans people can't, and should never be trusted with anything.

Oct 26, 2017
I knew what DeJoy said yesterday was BS when he said all the removals of sorting machines and drop boxes were things that were planned well ahead before he got there. So he wants us to believe that this would have happened regardless if he was running things or not. But of course this is BS because when the Post Office has decommissioned sorting machines or removed drop boxes in the past we never see such a large scale disruption in service such as this.

I really hope that in the House and Senate hearings, Democrats avoid grandstanding. I don't need to hear how outraged a Senator is or hear anecdotes about their constituents. I need them to ask direct and probing questions while DeJoy is under oath Get him on the record with actual facts and figures. Get a record of who he's consulted with or walked with in the Trump admin.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

no really

your gonna need it
I'm already a month in waiting for some t-shirts and phone skins I ordered because of this mess.

I'm not going to cancel the orders since I know I'm going to get the stuff eventually, but this is still fucked. I've refrained from ordering anything else online, which is shitty for all of the small and moderately sized businesses I shop from that use USPS.

And for the stuff I buy from the UK and Europe, since the USPS is the only way it comes to me.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
People definitely need to keep their eye on this. Them stating they will suspend changes until after the election is not the end, certainly not after they've shown to not stop the changes, let alone reverse the damage.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to be able to sit through the Republicans questioning time. I'm guessing their main focus will be vote by mail fraud.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
30% of the US absolutely wants this
another 18-20% is fine with it because its their side doing it.
The postal service is extremely popular, I would be really surprised if that's actually true.

Haul his ass in and throw the law at him asap. He doesn't have presidential immunity.
The DoJ is not going to do shit, and congress is on vacation.
Hopefully next week when the Democrats are done with the convention they'll do something about it.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Dismantling of American democracy has been crazy to witness. I can't even call it slow dismantling, you guys are speed running. And craziest part of it all, half the country wants it or just doesn't care.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Dejoy is testifying before the senate this Friday. Hopefully something comes of that, but I can't get my hopes up with this republican senate.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They key things to watch are there are states suing, not just on grounds of intentional delay for political reasons but because apparently the USPS completely bypassed a review process on changes that could negatively impact the service, which is illegal, and seems pretty clear cut.

The other is Dejoy straight up told Pelosi they wont be restoring all the removed machines and mailboxes. THey already completed most of the destruction.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Dejoy is testifying before the senate this Friday. Hopefully something comes of that, but I can't get my hopes up with this republican senate.
I'm assuming the only reason the Senate is bothering with this is to get out in front of the House hearing so they can control the narrative. The Republicans will coordinate their questions to make the whole thing look like a Democrat hoax, and make DeJoy look like an innocent victim just trying to do his very legitimate job.

It's going to be a complete farce.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Trump is stealing this election plain and simple. There is nothing we can do. While this is brought to light, there are other things that haven't been caught yet. Hopefully whistleblowers feel safe to help like they did before