• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
368Enn4.png

Welcome, dwarves, to this humble OT for Deep Rock Galactic! A place for those with a desire for hard work, fortune, and some alien killing to discuss about this gem of a co-op game. If you have any suggestions to make about the OT, feel free to post here or send me a PM.

Release date: May 13, 2020
Platforms: Windows, Xbox One
Regions: Worldwide
Review score:
Steam: Overwhelmingly Positive (28,279 reviews)

Deep Rock Galactic is a 1-4 player co-op FPS featuring badass space Dwarves, 100% destructible environments, procedurally-generated caves, and endless hordes of alien monsters.

1-4 PLAYER CO-OP
Work together as a team to dig, explore, and fight your way through a massive cave system filled with hordes of deadly enemies and valuable resources. You will need to rely on your teammates if you want to survive the most hostile cave systems in the galaxy!

4 UNIQUE CLASSES
Pick the right class for the job. Mow through enemies as the Gunner, scout ahead and light up the caves as the Scout, chew through solid rock as the Driller, or support the team with defensive structures and turrets as the Engineer.

FULLY DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENTS
Destroy everything around you to reach your goal. There is no set path so you can complete your mission your way. Drill straight down to your objective or build an intricate network of paths to explore your surroundings -- the choice is yours. But proceed with caution, you don't want to stumble into an alien swarm unprepared!

PROCEDURALLY GENERATED CAVE NETWORK
Explore a network of procedurally generated cave systems filled with enemies to fight and riches to collect. There's always something new to discover and no two playthroughs are alike.

HIGH-TECH GADGETS AND WEAPONS
Dwarves know what they need to bring to get the job done. This means the most powerful weapons and the most advanced gadgets around - flamethrowers, gatling guns, portable platform launchers, and much, much more.

LIGHT YOUR PATH
The underground caves are dark and full of terrors. You will need to bring your own lights if you want to illuminate these pitch-black caverns.

Roadmap

Complete_roadmap_616px.jpg

Screenshots

Classes

Every dwarf carries four main weapons (three for defending themselves, one for mobility), grenades, a pickaxe and renewable flares. They can also call a resupply pod to refill 50% of their ammo four times (once for each dwarf).

mLD6gYG.png

As the Gunner, your position is at the forefront of any battle, cutting down aliens using your high-caliber Minigun and Heavy-Duty Revolver. You are also equipped with an extremely handy Zipline Launcher, allowing the entire team to easily get across almost any chasm or obstacle.

J6aDe9e.png

As the Driller, you'll be equipped with a set of Titanium Powerdrills. Your job is to clear any blocked tunnels and obstacles in the path of your team, and in combat you are a force to be reckoned with: Your drills make short work of most enemies up close, and for longer range engagements you are equipped with a heavy duty Flamethrower.

K7IcIJe.png

As the Engineer, you carry two essential items for surviving the caves - the Platform Gun shoots climbable platforms onto any surface, and your automated Sentry Turrets lay down blistering hails of support fire - if you manage to get it set up before you're killed. You may not be the sturdiest of dwarves, but your Combat Shotgun and devastating Grenade Launcher still makes you a formidable opponent.

ef6mXW6.png

As the Scout, you are the only one to carry the powerful Flare Gun, and the entire team depends on you for light. To scout ahead, you are also equipped with a Grappling Hook, letting you get to almost anywhere. But, while you are carrying an Assault Rifle and a Sawed off Shotgun, you should be careful not to get cut off from your team - the caves don't take kindly to lone explorers.

Upgrades, Perks, and Overclocks

Resources gathered in missions can be used to upgrade your gear back on the space rig. Each weapon, tool, and even Bosco the drone for solo play can be upgraded and customized with various upgrade trees and cosmetic skins found during normal play. Once an upgrade is purchased they can be swapped at will. Once a miner is promoted, they earn the ability to discover and equip weapon Overclocks. These Overclocks can range from minor upgrades with no downsides, to fundamental changes to how a weapon behaves such as a shotgun blasting you through the air. Gameplay milestones can be achieved and redeemed for perk points. These perk points can then be spent in the perk tree on active and passive perks to further customize how your dwarf attacks the horrors of Hoxxes.

fkQKUkq.png

7C60346DA2BBF12189C9BE9E1BA4FF83C721275F

C73400AE3D54131070C98E55D3918646E9B5396B

Biomes

The executives of DEEP ROCK GALACTIC have had their eyes on Hoxxes IV for a long time because it is so unusually rich in valuable and rare materials. The problem is that it is also the home of one of the most dense collection of hostile alien flora and fauna ever encountered as well. Half the challenge of accomplishing a mission will be figuring out how to use each classes unique tools to navigate the treacherous underground in each unique area of the planet.

Comprehensive Info Chart (FAQ)

Latest update (click picture to be directed to the steam news page)

This is it!

On the 13th of May, two weeks from now, we can all celebrate the launch of 1.0 of Deep Rock Galactic!

Before we head into the details on ALL the things that are happening today, the next two weeks and on launch (and beyond), we first need to thank all of you for supporting us. Some of you have been with us from the very beginning of Closed Alpha back in late 2016. Some of you have joined in since Early Access Launch in February 2018. And some of you just recently joined the ranks. But all of you should be proud of what we have accomplished together in the true dwarven spirit of a co-op first game. Deep Rock Galactic is today owned by more than 1 MILLION players and daily played by more than thirty thousand people. This keeps blowing our minds so much that we hardly have any cells left to think with!

So, from the bottom of our hearts: THANK YOU!

Now, what will happen today?

PRESS RELEASE AND LAUNCH PRICE

First of all, we just released a press release with the launch date news. So we expect to see some news pop up later today and tomorrow on our launch day announcement. Included in the press release are some important news on the release itself. We have decided to stick to the price we set a year ago (29.99 USD), so the game will NOT increase in price for launch. We believe that the current price is a good entry point and makes it easy to get new players to try out the game.

EXPANDED SOUNDTRACK AND DELUXE EDITION DLCs

The new soundtrack will be added to the existing Soundtrack as a Volume II. As this adds more than 50 minutes of music, we will at launch increase the price on the Soundtrack a bit from 7.99 USD to 9.99 USD. So, if you are considering buying the soundtrack, now would be a good time.

d68d61865e797af91ca1ad3dc79ef48ecb2b9907.png

At launch, we will also release two new cosmetic-only, no-gameplay DLCs. Together with the game itself, those two DLCs, named MegaCorp and Dark Future, will constitute the Deluxe Edition of the game. This will be set up using Steam's user-friendly Bundle format, so if you already own the game, you still get a small discount on buying the DLCs together. During the next two weeks, we will release more information about the content of the Deluxe Edition, but for now, we can tell that it includes a brand new Weapon Framework for all 16 weapons as well as a unique Armor Framework for all four dwarves.

OFFICIAL NARRATED TRAILER

Along with the press release, we have premiered a brand new trailer, produced in-house at Ghost Ship Games. We have for a long time felt that we lacked a good video to showcase the game to new players and simply tell what it is all about. And who better to do that than Mission Control himself?

You can watch the video here and we encourage you to share this video to spread the word on the upcoming 1.0 Launch of Deep Rock Galactic

COMMUNITY TRAILER COMPETITION

Speaking of trailers, we have now finally watched and evaluated all the entrants to the competition. More than 200 trailers were submitted and we've been absolutely humbled with amazing quality and creativity in the videos. Initially, we only had prizes for Top 4, but we clearly needed to expand that. Therefore we decided to give away the two soon-to-launch cosmetic-only Deluxe Edition DLCs to all who contributed with a trailer! We also decided to award the Top 40 even more. Instead of just one set of DLCs, every participant in Top 40, receives four sets of the 2 DLCs in the upcoming Deluxe Edition.

But who won, you might ask? That is not disclosed just yet. We have selected a ranked Top 15, and each day up to launch, we will showcase a video and slowly count down ending with the runner-ups and the winner on the day before launch day. You can look forward to some amazing trailers - ranking them has not been easy.

To start this off, we have created a playlist with videos in the Top 40 that did not make the cut into Top 15. These videos are not ranked but can be viewed in this playlist.

ea3a1747a6c3164780b30fa4f1f3ab236759dbe5.png

LEGACY HATS GIVEAWAY!

In the live build on Steam (that is Update 29), we have activated a special gift for all of you. During these 2+ years of Early Access, we have created some limited runs of special vanity hats for Oktoberfest, Halloween, X-Mas, Yearly Anniversary, Steam Free Weekend, and Steam Awards. Some of you missed those and some of you missed the weird thing that you had to claim them for each character. From today, and until the 12th of May, you can claim them ALL with one simple click. Go CLAIM!

1.0 IS NOW ON EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Today, we also uploaded the upcoming 1.0 build of the game to the Experimental Branch. The 1.0 launch build includes the 14 new music tracks, Prestige Assignments, and 3 new Promotion Ranks as well as a long list of bug fixes, some QoL improvements, and quite a bit of optimizations. We hope quite a few of you will help us test the 1.0 build and report bugs, so we can have the best build possible for all the new players at launch. Read about how to get into the Experimental Branch here. And the patch notes for the 1.0 Experimental build can be found here.

58beafdd8401a8dfdba5cd2072c5299bdd1f3818.png

BEYOND 1.0

After we launch 1.0 of Deep Rock Galactic, we, at Ghost Ship Games, will continue to support and expand the game. Expect major updates with focus on new content for the game. We aim to release an updated roadmap a few weeks after the launch with more details on what to come. The important message here is that the journey has just begun!

SO, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

For the coming two weeks up to launch, we will do our best to create hype and attention
around the game. But we will need your help as well. There is nothing more powerful than a community of like-minded people that all work together. Help us spread the word and together we will give Deep Rock Galactic the best launch ever. One way of really helping out is by sharing and posting in communities outside of Deep Rock Galactic. Another way is to stream the game and watch others stream the game. And, as always, just play the game and take good care of the Greenbeards.

It is finally time to say ROCK AND STONE to the world!

cheers

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mobyduck

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Checking their twitter, they have a bunch of cool concept art and preview at things they are gonna add. Thanks for the tip!

I wonder if they will add small secret stuff at the main base, like Coffee Stain Studios did with Sanctum and Sanctum 2. It was always fun going around the level and exploring.

OP
OP
Mobyduck

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
New updated released (link)! Including a new biome, enemy and temperature system.
Haven't had much time to play because I was travelling, but will give it a try soon.

Also, it's on sale right now on Steam for 30% off!

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
I was feeling pretty motivated to possibly make an OT for DRG, but I see its already been done!

So much has been added since this thread came out, and it really is one of, if not the best, supported Early Access games I have seen. The most recent update as of last week(?) added the option of retiring (prestige-ing) your miners when they reach max level, and the early bones of a quest system. New players go through introductory quests that reward quite a bit of upgrade materials and teach you the basics of the different objectives.

The game is just so damn charming. The little things like all the voicelines, the mission mutator that does nothing but make everyone speedy and high-pitched, the robot buddy bartender, etc.

ROCK AND STONE!

5bfzdt0m97r11.jpg

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
This game is such a blast to play with friends. I hope it sells well, and that the devs continue to support it, it's really come a long way since I saw it at PAX 2017, and playing the Alpha.

Oct 29, 2017
Random bump on account that I just caught interest in this game and am thinking about picking it up tonight after work. Looks REALLY fun, and I'm surprised it doesn't have a more popular and active OT.

Inskipp

Oct 11, 2018
Finland
Anyone here play this still? Started playing this with a buddy recently, having a blast with it. Been plowing through with Scout + Engineer combo, and digging the synergy between the two classes. Thinkin' bout trying the gunner next.

Also, what's the deal with Karl?

Spritchard

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone here play this still? Started playing this with a buddy recently, having a blast with it. Been plowing through with Scout + Engineer combo, and digging the synergy between the two classes. Thinkin' bout trying the gunner next.

Also, what's the deal with Karl?
I still play! I haven't checked out Update 27 yet only because I've been playing Red Dead on pc. I have a promoted Scout and Driller, recently started a Gunner but haven't started an Engineer yet. I really love this game and its awesome how Ghost Ship keeps delivering.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Just started playing this with friends today and was pleasantly surprised with the game's core loop. Really enjoying it. I'd heard of the game when it went into Xbox Game Preview but sorta forgot about it. We played two missions and the failed the first after we didn't make it back to the drop ship. Really love the aesthetic and humor - seems like the gameplay and missions have depth (pun intended).

How is this thread only one page? There've been what, two years of updates to this? Surprised no one's really talking about this one.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Just started playing this with friends today and was pleasantly surprised with the game's core loop. Really enjoying it. I'd heard of the game when it went into Xbox Game Preview but sorta forgot about it. We played two missions and the failed the first after we didn't make it back to the drop ship. Really love the aesthetic and humor - seems like the gameplay and missions have depth (pun intended).

How is this thread only one page? There've been what, two years of updates to this? Surprised no one's really talking about this one.
I had to search this up too. There was a free weekend event these past few days and I tried a few missions with a friend. It's really cool stuff and I'd love to play more of the game. It seems well optimized too, which is great because my computer isn't great these days lol.

The voice acting is really great and adds a lot to the game. I also appreciate the little floating drone partner you get when playing solo. There's a lot of neat little touches here.

I'm going to pick it up but I am a little worried about longevity, but it does seem like they've got varied environments and enemies and mission types to keep going for a while.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
There was a reveal trailer for Hardspace: Shipbreaker recently and I posted a positive comment on YouTube. Another user replied that I should look into Deep Rock, a game that was on my radar in the past, but I had immediately dismissed the moment I saw "co-op focus" in the description. I'm pretty allergic to all things online-multiplayer.

I noticed that Deep Rock was -50% as well as having a free-trial this weekend so I decided to dig a little deeper on the subject. There was a recent YouTube let's play showcasing solo mode in the game and I was quite impressed with what I saw. Didn't realize that in solo you have an AI bot providing combat/mining backup.

So I downloaded the trail version and fired it up. Hot damn I was sold almost immediately. I legit felt impatient to wrap up the tutorial level so I could smash the Buy button, lol.

First off, the game just looks gorgeous. It's got that flat-poly aesthetic that looks simplistic on the surface but is augmented with tons of lighting and atmospheric particle effects. It's a striking look. Game also runs like absolute butter, spitting out 120fps without breaking a sweat.

But what really sold me after my initial graphics wow was the feel of the game. Player movement, camera control & shooting are all incredibly dialed in, making world traversal feel amazing. Kinda reminds me of Doom 2016 for some reason.

Pacing feels smart with a good balance of resource gathering and combat. The biggest ding I'd level against the game is that you can't save and exit out mid-mission. This makes total sense in a co-op focused game, but it really bites for the solo player. One of the big reasons I'm not into multi at all is I want the freedom to pick up and end a gameplay session at the drop of a hat. And it looks like some of these missions can last over an hour which means you really need to be signed up if you want to see completion. Thankfully mission briefings do indicate how long they are out of a 4-star rating.

There's an extensive upgrade path for each of the 4 characters you play as (engineer, gunner, driller, scout) as well as your bot buddy Bosco. Makes me think there's some good replay value in there if you want to grow your characters.

So yeah, for $15 DRG feels like a steal, even in solo play. Just feels like a great pick-up & play title with an entertaining loop. Glad I looked further into it after my initial dismissal. I'm absolutely obsessed.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Been wanting to play this for awhile, so I've been looking out for a sale to pick it up for me and my friends. Lucky for me that free weekend opened up and we were all able to try it out together. I think we might already be addicted, it's a nice combination of Left 4 Dead and minecraft spelunking. Last mission was insane with exploding bugs and fissures opening up everywhere. It's still early in the game and stuff can be really stressful, so I'm curious how crazy it gets late game.

Recommend this to anyone who needs a Left 4 Dead co-op experience with friends. Especially if your group like survival/minecraft games.

edit: Damn did this thread die in community :( This game deserves more love.

StrangeWit

Oct 27, 2017
I saw this was on sale recently, and I figured why the heck not and bought it. It's a steal at ~$17 CAD. Some of the Twitch streamers I follow play this on their off nights and it looked it'd be fun. I liked it so much that I upgraded to the Motherlode Edition for another $11 just now.

So far, I've been playing it solo and enjoying myself.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all the work updating the OP for the upcoming 1.0 release out of early access on the 13th, Mobyduck. I know DRG hasn't had a huge stakehold on Era but hopefully some more folks hop in to experience this fantastic coop game now that it is no longer an early access title. Its one of those things you never see on websites yet appears to have sold very well with a very good reception.

Last edited:
Biomes

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh dang i just realized the gunner description still mentions he has c4 when that was replaced with the shield a while ago. Lot of stuff changed over the past two years of course.

Since we hit the 3 media limit in the OP we missed out on some biome previews. Figuring out how to navigate the levels and their unique hazards as a team is pretty much half the game. Enemies also adapt to the biome and may suddenly breathe frost or emit radiation.

Crystal Caves - The blue crystals here will form a damaging tether of lightning to other nearby crystals. The more benign crystals are pretty to look at but also become cumbersome barriers.
gfycat.com

Bioms Videos CrystalCaves 1 GIF | Gfycat

Watch and share Bioms Videos CrystalCaves 1 GIFs on Gfycat

Dense Biozone - Often full of enormous caverns lush with growth (and swarmer eggs), navigating the Dense Biozone's bizarre terrain is often difficult and its easy to get lost. Not to mention all the VERY defensive plants.
gfycat.com

Bioms Videos DenseBiomZone 7 RSZ Adjust GIF | Gfycat

Watch and share Bioms Videos DenseBiomZone 7 RSZ Adjust GIFs on Gfycat

Fungus Bogs - Pools of sticky green goop will slow DRG employees to a crawl if you don't watch where you step.
gfycat.com

Bioms Videos Fungus 03 Adjust GIF | Gfycat

Watch and share Bioms Videos Fungus 03 Adjust GIFs on Gfycat

Glacial Strata - In addition to the occasional blinding blizzard, the glacial strata is also home to slippery ice surfaces, sluggish pools of snow, and if a dwarf's temperature drops too low they will freeze solid.
gfycat.com

Bioms Videos GlacialStrata 2 GIF | Gfycat

Watch and share Bioms Videos GlacialStrata 2 GIFs on Gfycat

Magma Core - Anything that removes the thin layer of sediment on the ground in this zone exposes the hot rock beneath that will continue to damage anyone who stands on it. There are also magma vents, exploding sacks, and earthquakes to contend with.
gfycat.com

Bioms Videos Magma 3 Adjust GIF | Gfycat

Watch and share Bioms Videos Magma 3 Adjust GIFs on Gfycat

Radioactive Zone - The radioactive crystals in this zone will continuously damage any dwarf that goes near them. If you look very carefully, you can destroy the crystal core that powers the radiation to eliminate the more annoying crystals.
gfycat.com

Bioms Videos RadioactiveZone 02 Adjust GIF | Gfycat

Watch and share Bioms Videos RadioactiveZone 02 Adjust GIFs on Gfycat

Salt Pits - Often full of very long, narrow tunnels, the Salt Pits are also home to the more mobile glyphids that can easily knock a careless dwarf off a cliff, and salt formations on the ceiling that can come crashing down on your head.
gfycat.com

Bioms Videos SaltPits New GIF | Gfycat

Watch and share Bioms Videos SaltPits New GIFs on Gfycat

Sandblasted Corridors - Passing sandstorms will blind players, sand vents throw dwarves across caverns, hives of bees prove a nuisance, and the glyphids that swim through the sand like water can carry a dwarf away from their team before you can say "Rock and Stone".
gfycat.com

Bioms Videos SandblastedCorridors 3 BrightnessUp Adjustcolor GIF | Gfycat

Watch and share Bioms Videos SandblastedCorridors 3 BrightnessUp Adjustcolor GIFs on Gfycat

Last edited:

NuKER

Dec 15, 2017
Portugal
Bought this yesterday, already played 7 hours, loving it.
Community seems very friendly also, easy to join games and every one helps on the final part the newbies trying to get to the pod xD

What a surprise this games is.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
The Gordon one is pretty good, haha.

As someone who used to play a lot alone, did they improve on the functionality of the assistant, GenericBadGuy ?

Im not sure how long ago it was that you were playing solo, but Bosco works really well now. You are able to upgrade it like any other weapon with things like extra revives, etc. He can save you from leeches, dig out eggs and other buried minerals, and fire rockets. Sometimes I prefer to play solo since Bosco digs minerals incredibly fast if you choose the appropriate upgrade.

OP
OP
Mobyduck

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I remember playing after the first big Bosco update, where they added the functionality for it to dig minerals for you. Really helped when you are not playing Scout or Driller.

Do you know if they will put the game on sale when it's fully released? I need to rebuy it, haha.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Here is the brand new trailer/overview for the release out of EA:

Also keep in mind, the game is out of early access tomorrow but you can buy it and play it right now. If you log in today youll even get all the event stuff that was put out over the past couple years. In a technical/gameplay sense very little changes tomorrow so you can hop in right away. Its mostly some cosmetic stuff that hits tomorrow.

Some tips for greenbeards:

• While the trailer shows off the store, it neglects to mention that all this stuff is earned in-game and there are no microtransactions outside the deluxe editions of the game and the soundtrack.

• You can press esc and access the "Miner's Manual" anytime to read up on nearly everything in the game.

• For your first upgrades I recommend upgrading your armor for more health and shields, Bosco the drone if playing solo, and unique class utility tools like grappling hook, platform gun, etc.

• If you find strange machinery on a mission it is probably a "Machine Event". These are bonus objectives rewarding overclocks that require a dwarf that has been promoted at least once to start them.

• Check the assignment board regularly for missions to unlock weapons and get materials.

• Think of the Hazard levels like this: Hazard 1 - Very Easy || Hazard 2 - Easy || Hazard 3 - Normal || Hazard 4 - Hard || Hazard 5 - Very Hard. The Hazard level will determine how many enemies spawn, how much health they have, and how hard they hit. Higher hazard levels also have higher chances of spawning the big baddies like Detonators.

• Pay attention to mission modifiers. If you didn't notice you joined a "low oxygen" mission, for example, that requires you to be close to Molle or a resupply pod then you are going to be in trouble fast.

• The "length" and "complexity" meters for missions will determine not only how big a cave system will be, but also how much of an objective you need to complete. A low complexity egg hunt may only need 2 eggs while a high complexity mission would require 6. This may make a Hazard 3 mission actually harder than a Hazard 4 one if you can't last that long.

Last edited:

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised at the little replies in this thread been playing for a month or two now and the game rocks, love the Minecraft chillness of mining mixed with the erratic *holy shit* when hordes come.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
Bought it today because I saw it advertised on the Steam homepage with glowing reviews.
It's strange that I never heard about this game until now. It's fantastic.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
So it sounds like this is a viable game solo, from the posts above? Because I have zero interest in playing co-op. Is it a different kind of game when you play solo, or do you get AI partners and it's basically the same game?

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
So it sounds like this is a viable game solo, from the posts above? Because I have zero interest in playing co-op. Is it a different kind of game when you play solo, or do you get AI partners and it's basically the same game?

I play solo most of the time. You get a robot to help you when your solo. It's a fun game even solo.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
This OT is definitely a sleeper, but this game has always been a weird situation where its hard to get word out but everyone who plays loves it. About a 97% user approval rating since its release into and out of early access over 2+ years. Even with this slow thread, if it brought the game to anyone's attention then great.

For those wondering what the miner level "milestone assignment rewards" were, here are some photos of what you can unlock at certain miner levels up to 100 in 1.0:
Pickaxes: https://www.reddit.com/r/DeepRockGa..._new_pickaxes_in_10_unlocked_from_an_all_new/
Helmets/Dyes: https://www.reddit.com/r/DeepRockGa..._new_armor_skinshelmets_from_the_10_prestige/

And a recent interview with the dev team with a great Q&A: https://wccftech.com/deep-rock-gala...play-other-consoles-and-what-lies-beyond-1-0/

They specifically say they would love to bring it to PS4 once the exclusivity deal with MS ends.

Can you choose other races than a dwarf like an elf instead?

Well I never...

Last edited:

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
I tried this but I just find it boring. Maybe I need to play with some resetera folks. I'm on PC

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
It's crazy this game isn't talked about more. It's got a lot going for it: good random generation, good ebb and flow, ridiculously intuitive and easy co-op, gear, perks, humour, very distinctive style, and some really really tense panic moments amidst the mining.

But above all, mostly the emotes. FOR KARLLLL

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy this game isn't talked about more. It's got a lot going for it: good random generation, good ebb and flow, ridiculously intuitive and easy co-op, gear, perks, humour, very distinctive style, and some really really tense panic moments amidst the mining.

I was about to say I'm shocked that this OT is still on page 1 since being created in 2018. DRG is great!

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Ah I somehow missed this, maybe since I don't pay attention to stickies on Reddit. The devs did an AMA just today over at r/games. Lot of good responses in there, as well as several funny ones.

As for the game pop now with the release it seems to have expanded quite a bit. I've never seen so many lobbies at once.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah it doesn't seem to be talked about much at all yet the community is active and playing alot, its crazy to see people that are level 200+ clearly still playing since the beginning.

xBladeM6x

Feb 18, 2018
Yeah it doesn't seem to be talked about much at all yet the community is active and playing alot, its crazy to see people that are level 200+ clearly still playing since the beginning.
I'm one of those people. It's truly a charming and fun game. Been playing since March 2017 in Pre-Alpha, back when I was like one of the 10 other people who were allowed to play outside of the development team.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Finally cracked this open now that it's out of early access and oh my god is this game fun. Managed to convince a couple of my friends to buy it and we played until 4am. Glad I waited for the full release before playing it, I was pleasantly surprised how fleshed out the character customization is!

ROCK AND STONE!

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
It's so good. Also the cheer button is the best. I've gotten to the point where I now think all coop games should have some kind of cheer mechanic.

In terms in "procedural generation" this game is one of the best. Truly feels like exploration when those doors first open each mission. I've been playing weekly with a group of friends and it's so so so good. We had a desert point extraction where our minehead came down in a huge pit blasted by sand vents, and there was such a high ceiling our scout couldn't reach the minerals from the ground. Never seen quite that kind of situation even after 100+ hours.

Procedural generation can sometimes get a bad rap these days but it works absolutely beautifully in this game.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
The devs already put on an updated roadmap for near-future post-launch updates. Some new secondary objectives, a new beer, some new cave types, and some more in-game wiki stuff coming in a few weeks. New primary objectives some time in the fall.

309f2b9ddc012b5ad5ecfb5585ecaf005c814914.jpg

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
easily one of the best coop games available, I would recommend that everyone check it out

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing that bugs me is that the UI and text size are small as FUCK on consoles. Seriously bad.