• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Another day another idiot.
MTV has "severed ties" with The Challenge star Dee Nguyen over a pair of since-deleted tweets in which she made light of the Black Lives Matter movement and the death of George Floyd.

Nguyen on Saturday tweeted, "Idk why some of u think I'm anti BLM. I've been saying that since the day I lost my virginity." She also commented on an Instagram post about Floyd, writing that "people die every f–king day," according to Us Weekly.

In response to these posts, MTV on Monday took to social media with an announcement of its own: "As a result of Dee Nguyen's offensive comments on the Black Lives Matter movement, we have severed ties with her," the MTV reality competition series announced via Twitter on Monday, June 8. "Out of respect for our Challengers, we'll air our season as planned. We strongly condemn systemic racism and stand with those raising their voices against injustice."

Nguyen reacted to her firing Tuesday morning on Instagram: "The last 24hrs have made me realised what is important and that is forgiveness. I would like to offer my sincerest apology to my colleagues to whom I have hurt directly and indirectly due to my insensitive remarks. Let me be clear I am a POC that cares about BLM. I believe in this movement and I'm stepping away from social media to focus on my wellbeing and mental health. This is not a goodbye, it's a I will see you again."
tvline.com

Dee Nguyen Fired From MTV’s Challenge Over Offensive Tweets; Current Season Will Air as Planned

Dee Nguyen has been fired from 'The Challenge' over a pair of racially offensive tweets.

JackSwift

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Idk who she is, but she totally just "i have a black/poc friend" using herself as an example.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The last 24hrs have made me realised what is important and that is forgiveness.

This has me rolling with laughter. "Now that I have severely fucked up, I realize that the most important thing in the world is forgiveness."

woodypop

Oct 27, 2017
The last 24hrs have made me realised what is important and that is forgiveness.

This has me rolling with laughter. "Now that I have severely fucked up, I realize that the most important thing in the world is forgiveness."
Yeah, that's how I took it, too. She can fade away into obscurity.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Perhaps at this point there should be one thread that documents all famous/semi-famous racists who can't control themselves on social media of late, and are getting their asses fired faster than they can type out an insincere apology.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I irrational for thinking other minorities should just have this inherent moral compass when it comes to shit white people have done and you should have this obligation to stand up for yourself and other people of color? Probably. Shit is just so weird to me to not have any sort of empathy or perspective when you know what your own culture has been subject to. Hope this doesn't come off as policing thoughts but having family members that still fight for a sovereign Hawaii and seeing my own kind possibly say shit like this blows my mind like it's supposed to be funny.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
"I realize now that forgiveness is really important, as in, it's really important you all forgive me."

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
There are many Vietnamese folks that are really blind, are bigots and racist. I am not proud of this as I am also Vietnamese. We have to teach our brethren to change.

Oct 25, 2017
Am I irrational for thinking other minorities should just have this inherent moral compass when it comes to shit white people have done and you should have this obligation to stand up for yourself and other people of color? Probably. Shit is just so weird to me to not have any sort of empathy or perspective when you know what your own culture has been subject to. Hope this doesn't come off as policing thoughts but having family members that still fight for a sovereign Hawaii and seeing my own kind possibly say shit like this blows my mind like it's supposed to be funny.
Yes. Your skin color, sexuality, etc won't prevent you from being racist/sexist/etc

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Sexist Stereotyping
Look at her IG... pretty typical asian 'model' posing half naked with a bitch attitude sigh

Oct 27, 2017
Lol this reminds me of Ryback telling people to stay off of social media during this to avoid saying anything that will get them in trouble right now. As he's in the middle of both sides-ing the current situation.

Glad they moved quick and got rid of her. Even the apology tells me she's not going to learn the right lessons from this.

mozbar

Feb 20, 2018
The Challenge is my guilty pleasure reality show, and this behavior from her isn't surprising. Other cast members have said she's displayed similar behavior when the cameras aren't on.

I also assume she meant she lost her virginity to a black guy.

Either way...I'm glad MTV is taking swift action compared to their light slaps on the wrist (if any) on past racist behavior by cast members.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad she's seen the error of her ways to learn the most important thing about what's happening right now is...

*checks notes*

Forgiveness.

...yikes.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Terrible tweets from her

it will make it all the better when she eventually gets bodied on the show