• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
According to the studio's own website:

The story of our studio actually began many years ago. In 1997, Mark Lyons founded Idol Minds, a small independent game developer focused on PlayStation 1 games. Early hits include the beloved snowboarding series CoolBoarders. For the next twenty years, the studio grew with the gaming industry, ranging far and wide, but always building a reputation for innovative technology and compelling gameplay. For the past three years, we have been preparing to leap into a new genre of gaming, narrative adventure games. Our first narrative title, Life Is Strange, Before the Storm, was completed in 2018. We are currently working on another title for Square Enix that is not yet announced.

They specialize in story-driven narrative games just like Life is Strange. I don't know if Square Enix has many other IPs that fall under that category, so it wouldn't be crazy to think this new project is another Life is Strange title (unless it's a new IP, which I doubt).

Personally, I thought these guys did a wonderful job with Before the Storm, so I'm all for it.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Can you imagine a Life is Strange-esque Legacy of Kain game lol? I think I'd be kind of into it honestly.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Was the first thing I checked up on after beating LiS and BtS recently. And it was right there on the wiki.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
I didn't find it dropped at all. It was on par with the original.
I don't think it was quite as good but I wouldn't at all say it's that wide a margin between the two.
The art style was different and imo worse, the animations were worse, the story was rushed as hell due to only being three episodes and taking place in a few days and Rachel was just not as interesting as Chloe or Max. The dialogue battles were also awful.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
BtS was great, by and large, so I have faith in what they do next, whether it's Life Is Strange or otherwise.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I hope that they're not making another LiS, because BtS was a noticable drop in quality compared to the original.
BtS was of much higher quality than the original. The only problem was that it was a Prequel so it couldn't have been as interesting as LiS. But having that in mind BtS was absolutely brilliant. I'm very curious on what they will do next.
I hope it will be LiS-ish but independent from LiS.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Before the Storm didn't have the highs of the original, but also didn't reach the lows. It was more consistent and didn't fall apart in the final chapter. The arguments weren't a great mechanic, but I did like that there was a lot less emphasis on the supernatural.

That said after everything in LiS/BtS, I'm not really left with any sympathy or love for any characters except like... Joyce, so not sure if I'd love to revisit that particular world again.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Still hoping to hear news on this some time soon, we've known their next game was going to be another narrative adventure published by SE for a while now.
I don't know if Square Enix has many other IPs that fall under that category, so it wouldn't be crazy to think this new project is another Life is Strange title (unless it's a new IP, which I doubt).
Eh, I could maybe see SE having them put it under the LiS name I guess just for awareness, but I actually think it's more likely to be a new IP. If it is another "LiS: Subtitle", I would still think it will take place somewhere else and with new characters.
I hope it will be LiS-ish but independent from LiS.
That's what I'm thinking too, yeah.