• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
so i just finished FFVII Remake, and even though i enjoyed it, it kinda bummed me out how linear it was. and then i remembered like wait a minute, i still have FFXV with its massive open world in my backlog and i actually liked what i played of it years ago (some other game came up and i just never went back), so i installed it overnight and booted it up..

and umm what the HELL am i doing lol? i don't understand anything about the game anymore, it feels so intimidating. i did the combat tutorial, so i think i got the basics down at least, but i have problems with the other aspects of the game. for starters, i'm on a main mission in Chapter 3 where i'm supposed to go to Lestallum to meet Iris or whatever, can anyone who remembers the story tell me why, and what i've done up to this point? it's hard to care because i just simply have no recollection. but i want to get into it, so if someone could recap the beginning up to this point i'd be really grateful!

and other things, what side missions should i focus on? i have like 10 open.. should i just ignore most of them and focus on the hunts (and fishing maybe?) and main missions if i want to beat this game in a reasonable time?

where should i use my EXP to level up at this point, iirc i shouldn't just level up at a camp, i need to go to a hotel or something for a better multiplyer, right? whats the easiest place to access in Chapter 3? i got like 20k of EXP to cash in on, don't wanna waste the bonus.

and how the fuuuck do i fast travel properly? i try to pick parking spots and stuff on the map but i can't see any option to fast travel, the map itself is way too confusing. any tips appreciated on how exactly i should travel from place to place (chocobos seem fun), i try to drive myself but then suddenly it's night and some lvl 40 giants rise out of the ground every 2 minutes and fuck my boys up bad.

and hmm what else... all these items i find are super confusing, i dont know what to do with any of them. i picked up a Rare Coin for example, do i just sell that or...? do i sell most random stuff? what should i hoard?

thanks for any help! i really do quite enjoy this game even with some of the jank and confusing systems and silly characters. it's very ambitious and weird and fun, and i waited such a long time for it like many of us (what was it, like a decade lol?). i gotta see this to the end while waiting for my turn to get that damn PS5.

oh and please give any tips about things i didn't ask about freely, i might be completely oblivious to many cool/useful things you can do.

DrAmazonMD

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just restart, or read a recap. You're on chapter 3 of 15 or something. I honestly thought this was about FFXIV which would've made a lot more sense.

We_care_a_lot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summerside PEI
my god why wouldn't you just restart after that long lol. I hope you enjoy it. I wanted to love that game. It has so many GOOD elements but It just couldn't outweigh the bad for me in the end.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Just dont waste any points in magic and focus on warp and useful party abilities.

Money is kind of pointless in this game outside of buying ingredients for food so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Just do the main story stuff and the Cid equipment sidequests and ignore everything else until you get the option to leave the open world portion and then you can clean up any exploration if you want. Don't expect anything interesting except for some cool monster designs and some poorly laid out dungeons.

Its very difficult to actually get a game over so I also wouldn't worry about difficulty lol.

You really don't need to restart, there's nothing at the beginning that will make a difference in reminding you how to play the game.

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
Chapter 3 is really early, you should consider to restart the game for more immersion (?).

But if you don't care that much, the story so far is Noctis and co just found out their hometown got destroyed, their king got assassinated, so they are trying to get more information from Iris and collecting all old kings weapon on the way to be stronger.

The best place to rest is Galdin Quay. It would take 10,000 Gil for a night but it gave highest exp bonus.

Most of the side quests are low quality and uninteresting. Don't waste your time if you don't aim for platinum.

SunshinePuppies

One Winged Slayer
Nov 14, 2020
Just restart or google a summary, this is all easily researched online and does not require the unique take of a forum. 3 years is a long time, I don't think I remember where I am if I left a game off like 6 months ago.

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
For fast travel, I think you need to let Ignis drive the car, and while driving you can access a menu with the option to fast drive at any parking spot. If you are on foot, you can fast travel to your car.

Last edited:

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Drive-by posting
The best advice I can give you is to uninstall the game ASAP and try something different.

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
Make sure you restart so your game adds in the new content that was added. I don't think older saves will work, depending on when you played it last. But yes as others have said, restart, restart, restart. You aren't far at all and it will be better if you have the story and combat down later on.

Beyond that, the best place to level up you can't get to yet, it's the hotel in Lestallum which gives you 3x xp and is great for later level grinds.

As for sidequests, I only did what I needed to for the platinum, there's a lot to do and see and you don't have to do any of it to beat the game. This game is by far the easiest FF to date so hefty grinding isn't needed at all. Think my first playthrough completion was around 20hours at level 44.