• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to Cerium for approving this thread.

The 12th of December is an important date because it is a chance for real change in the United Kingdom. We've had close to 10 years of Conservative rule and in the time there has been a consistent war on the working class and most vulnerable in our society.

Because of this, I have made a site that you can find here:

The aim is simple. To show Tory lies and the impact of austerity. An interactive austerity cuts map is in the works and should be ready this weekend.

How you can help:

Research. If you can help detail some of the myriad of lies and submit them to:

This is a very simple forum with a thread on "Tory Lies". Join up and start posting them in there. Alternatively, you can use the submit form on the main website. It doesn't just have to be lies though. It can be the real impact the Conservatives have had on the people.

My time right now is juggling between this and a debunk website for Momentum. Talking of Momentum, they have been doing a fantastic job, and there are a lot of cogs turning attempting to change the direction this country is going. If you feel like you can volunteer some time to help, there is a application form to join here.

Once in, you'll be invited to the Slack where there are a multitude of things that need to be researched or developed. If you have an interest in joining the phone team or texting team, that's all there too and if you have some video editing skills or even some design talent then it can be put to use.

kCVZSNR.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Any thoughts or suggestions, feel free to post away in here. If you don't want to post on december12.co.uk then you can use this thread too.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I applaud your hard work, and I'll be posting this to social media. Unfortunately I feel it will largely fall on deaf ears, with most people who I know who need to hear this thinking I've been brainwashed by the Guardian or something.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
I agree. But there might be a very small percentage who will consider it. In any case I'm hoping it'll be a good reference for Labour supporters and leftists. The same goes for the debunk website.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's a really great looking site, nice job.

A couple of the links don't seem to work though - the "Death by 1,000 cuts" and "The Impact of Austerity" links in the Tory header dropdown don't seem to take me anywhere. FF70.0.1 on W10, disabled all my script/ad blockers to make sure.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
That's a really great looking site, nice job.

A couple of the links don't seem to work though - the "Death by 1,000 cuts" and "The Impact of Austerity" links in the Tory header dropdown don't seem to take me anywhere. FF70.0.1 on W10, disabled all my script/ad blockers to make sure.

Thank you!

Those two pages haven't yet been published. The austerity one will be the interactive map and the other will be similar to the traditional format with a focus on news stories and studies on austerity.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well I hope you're happy, OP. Somehow you managed to get me to post something on Facebook - and I never post anything on Facebook!

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
Great work! I'm not from the UK, but anyone exposing conservative lies is good in my book. I hope you get a better government this time around.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Great work! I'm not from the UK, but anyone exposing conservative lies is good in my book. I hope you get a better government this time around.

I really hope so too. And thanks for all the comments everyone.

Like I said, if there's anything in particular you want to see or a tool that you think would be helpful then I'm all ears. Likewise, you can submit suggestions to the tech team at Momentum for their projects.

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Great idea, OP. Everything that we can be doing to help, we should be doing.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fab site OP. I think this is a great idea. And lovely design. The photo of Boris is bloody terrifying though

massivekettle

Banned
Aug 7, 2018

I'm just trying to help his website.

For instance, the "lie" about the government reporting unemployment numbers is not really a lie. That's how most governments report unemployment. Also, what makes you think that Labour can negotiate a better, "clearer" Brexit deal than the Tories? There literally is zero evidence at this stage which supports that.

The website is just incredibly one-sided, painting an incredibly rosy picture of the Labour platform and discrediting LibDems and Tories at every opportunity.

I appreciate the effort, but IMO the website would gain in credibility to become a centralised fact check as opposed to boxing readers into a narrative.

Streamlined

alt account
Banned
Sep 16, 2019

For instance, the "lie" about the government reporting unemployment numbers is not really a lie. That's how most governments report unemployment.

The website is just incredibly one-sided, painting an incredibly rosy picture of the Labour platform and discrediting LibDems and Tories at every opportunity.

I appreciate the effort, but IMO the website would gain in credibility to become a centralised fact check as opposed to boxing readers into a narrative.
This website is a tool to help get the Tories out. Glad to have helped.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017

For instance, the "lie" about the government reporting unemployment numbers is not really a lie. That's how most governments report unemployment. Also, what makes you think that Labour can negotiate a better, "clearer" Brexit deal than the Tories? There literally is zero evidence at this stage which supports that.

It's very clearly partisan for a very obvious reason.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's supposed to be one sided
appreciate the effort, but IMO the website would gain in credibility to become a centralised fact check as opposed to boxing readers into a narrative.
Fact checkers are always boxing readers into a narrative