• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
My top 3 from TLC:

1. Asuka vs Charlotte vs Becky
2. Styles vs Bryan
3. Jax vs Ronda

Would have been a better PPV overall if they had cut some matches like Elias vs Lashley and the MMC Final. A "B" level PPV doesn't need to be padded with TV quality matches to get more people on the card.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Teams announced for the NEVER Trios Gauntlet in the WK13 preshow. 5 teams total.

Michael Elgin, Jeff Cobb, and David Finlay
Togi Makabe, Toru Yano, and Ryusuke Taguchi
Hirooki Goto and Best Friends
Minoru Suzuki and KES
and The Elite (Hangman Page, Marty Scurll, and Yujiro Takahashi)
tenor.gif

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yeah not sure who booked Seth/Dean, but based on the ending of the story... should have been Dean finding ways to screw with Seth throwing him off his game repeatedly... instead of just mostly... and slowly dominating... the story was also super dumb for such a personal angle.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Ambrose and/or Seth is a always a bathroom break. These are not top guys and haven't been in years. I actually fell asleep during their match and missed the main event, which apparently I should check out.

Oct 27, 2017
Seth/Dean is literally the same story as Ciampa/Gargano and the most perfect example of how execution can be everything. There's was basically no emotion in the former's match. They did the bar minimum to convey that these were former friends battling to the death. It was just a match, and it was fine I guess. Mostly boring.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
In theory, I don't think it needed to be. Having that match just be two dudes that want to kill each other works better for a blood feud then having two dudes climbing ladders and grabbing for a belt.

But then they came out and just worked a boring fucking match and maybe it should of been

I guess I forgot about the part where they'd have to climb a ladder. Meh, fuck that part. I just wanted the TLC stuff so they could beat on each other with chairs and weapons.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
My top 3 from TLC:

1. Asuka vs Charlotte vs Becky
2. Styles vs Bryan
3. Jax vs Ronda

Would have been a better PPV overall if they had cut some matches like Elias vs Lashley and the MMC Final. A "B" level PPV doesn't need to be padded with TV quality matches to get more people on the card.

I'd like to have seen the Elias/Lashley match cut. It made no sense as a ladder match and until they stop having Lashley bending over and slapping his ass I am done with him. The tag championship felt boring and a little rote. They could easily have dropped it since the Raw tag titles were not being defended. Finn versus Drew felt like a TV match and it could have lived there. I actually would have teft in the Mixed Match Challenge finals. Unlike Io and Toni's match at Evolution I think the Mixed Match Challenge Finals adequately conveyed the quality and spirit of the product from whence it originated which may bolster MMC in the future.

What are the chances that Vince makes Hogan the RAW GM tonight?

Zero. Absolutely fucking zero. Vince is a senile, racist shitbag but there is no way his response to a ratings crash is to do this. Yeah, they'd get a one week bump out of curiosity and HEAT but positioning Hogan as GM is gets them ongoing bad press. Eventually Crown Jewel happened. The day came and went. The press will forget until the next Saudi event. Hogan as GM is the gift that keeps on giving. A media outlet can run editorials on how WWE is shitty, racist and out of touch company every day if he is in a full-time on screen role.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this undercuts how great Seth's 2018 has been. And that's including how going to WWE main roster basically means you're putting a limiter on.

Well to be fair I haven't watched much of 2018 so I can't make a definitive statement on Seth's year. Since I started watching wrestling again around 2015-16 ish he has just always felt over hyped. People were and are consistently putting him as a potential GOAT and I'm just not seeing it. He's obviously talented, but not of his matches have felt great to me.

His gimmick/promos are such an incredibly poor fit as well. Just comes off as so forced and unnatural.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Well to be fair I haven't watched much of 2018 so I can't make a definitive statement on Seth's year. Since I started watching wrestling again around 2015-16 ish he has just always felt over hyped. People were and are consistently putting him as a potential GOAT and I'm just not seeing it. He's obviously talented, but not of his matches have felt great to me.

I think Seth's adapted to the WWE style without making himself look boring (most nights) more than just about anyone else short of Daniel Bryan or AJ Styles. He's been on the shittier show since the brand split happened and has still had great matches and put on superb performances. I wouldn't say there's anyone else better on the RAW brand, nor has there been since it happened. And again, that's all on WWE RAW where he can really only be as good as his opponents. On SDL or NXT I imagine he'd be even better.

Gun

Oct 27, 2017
WWE really fucked It up with Ambrose character. Maybe is his fault or the criativity, but all his promos were so bad since the heel turn.
And he looks like a psycho killer, but act as some generic heel.

At this point I think he would be better in a low mid card feud against Jinder or Lashley as the old goofy lunatic fringe

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciated the pace of the Bryan/AJ match last night. AJ has been feeling a bit stale to me, kinda in a Kenny Omega way, where you know you're gonna see a good match that's mostly predictable. I feel like Bryan's approach showed us a slightly different AJ, which was appreciated.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
They are not even trying to make Strowman look intimidating anymore.

I'll give them a pass on this one. Strowman's injured and wasn't going to be cleared and this gave them a way to keep their existing Royal Rumble booking without making Corbin as such a nerd there is no way he could ever recover. Corbin's most memorable PPV appearance year to date was being a scaredy cat of Balor at SummerSlam before getting squashed. Strowman is not nearly a gifted enough worker to somehow make a one armed match work. What are they gonna do? Thumb wrestle? What they did created a pleasant enough breather between matches and it made Strowman look like a leader which is good quality to convey in a possible babyface champ.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017

His gimmick/promos are such an incredibly poor fit as well. Just comes off as so forced and unnatural.

Ever since his one hour iron-man stint in a gauntlet match on RAW at the beginning of the year, Seth finally found that spark he needed to be 'The Guy' as a lead babyface. He's had a damn good 2018, and this match has been his first real PPV dud all year.

Heck, he's been so good, he's pulled up Dolph Ziggler into decent matches. Dolph Ziggler.

Oct 25, 2017
Ever since his one hour iron-man stint in a gauntlet match on RAW at the beginning of the year, Seth finally found that spark he needed to be 'The Guy' as a lead babyface. He's had a damn good 2018, and this match has been his first real PPV dud all year.

Heck, he's been so good, he's pulled up Dolph Ziggler into decent matches. Dolph Ziggler.

There's a random Raw match where he pulled a good match out of Jinder Mahal and I have no idea how the fuck he did that

ZeBatsy

Oct 27, 2017
I think the reason I was disappointed with Ambrose vs Rollins is that normally over the years they have had great matches.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bandido apparently had a WWE offer on the table and chose ROH instead, which is interesting

Also Bandido's upcoming tour with DG is his last

He is smart. Better to build up your name as much as you can first in the indies / NJPW and wait for WWE to finally book a Mexican right (or offer you an insane amount of money).

ROH sucks shit but the 2019 roster is shaping up to have:

Jeff Cobb
Tracy Williams
Brody King
PCO
Mark Haskins
Bandido

something's up with Jimmy Havoc too, he's worked ROH UK stuff this year but he might be a part of AEW since he randomly showed up on BTE for a gag where he replaces Scurll

6 people aren't going to fix bad programming but I like all of those guys and they all bring different things to the table. If ROH were competent that would be a really good foundation to build from

Add Gresham & Dalton and it is a really nice line-up. Sadly, RoH management is probably going to double down on Lethal and push Flip over Bandido...

They should just give the title to ZSJ and have him rebuild the credibility of the belt.

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He is smart. Better to build up your name as much as you can first in the indies / NJPW and wait for WWE to finally book a Mexican right (or offer you an insane amount of money).

Add Gresham & Dalton and it is a really nice line-up. Sadly, RoH management is probably going to double down on Lethal and push Flip over Bandido...

They should just give the title to ZSJ and have him rebuild the credibility of the belt.

Is ZSJ an ROH regular now? If so they have a really good roster, especially if they trim some fat.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to Filthy Tom introduce Lance Storm for a Q&A, talking about his wrestling school:

"Lance Storm has had his hands on more young talent than Jerry Lawler"

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
I really hated the ending of the TLC match. Ronda interfering:

-cheapened Asuka's first main roster title win and put all the focus on a feud that's beyond her
-cheapened the ending of the first women's TLC match, not unlike Ellesworth's interference in the women's MITB.
-Made clear that Charlotte is definitely going to continue to be a part of this feud even if it should just be Ronda and Becky

Awful ending to a great match. Asuka deserves a title win, but this already makes her look like a transitional champ. On the other hand, there's almost no way the women's match isn't the main event of Wrestlemania 2019.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
When even Vince has had enough of Seth's bloody knee.

I appreciated the pace of the Bryan/AJ match last night. AJ has been feeling a bit stale to me, kinda in a Kenny Omega way, where you know you're gonna see a good match that's mostly predictable. I feel like Bryan's approach showed us a slightly different AJ, which was appreciated.
I sorta get what you mean, but even then I feel like the angry Styles well was fully drawn from in the Joe feud.

As much as I want Bandido in G1, I don't really have faith in NJPW when it comes to foreigners in G1 anymore. I think next year's field will largely be this year's with someone subbed out for Ospreay and Cody. If a foreigner gets in, it's more likely it's Cobb than Bandido given he's already been there a bit.
Dragon Lee is finally out of vacations, I can see them giving him a decent run to temp him.
Probably saw how La Sombra and Mascara Dorada were being treated and noped.

I think Dave said that was a pretty big reason why Rush didn't go.
The rumor is that Rush will go, he still has the offer on the table and he is a money mark.

Ambrose doesn't have the drive.
AggravatingOptimalHammerheadshark-size_restricted.gif

"You need the drive in this bussiness kid, if that drive makes you hit your wife a couple of times so be it"
"also let me tell you about this great intellectual that can help your drive, have you heard about jordan peterson?"
-scsa

ZeBatsy

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll have Charlotte or Becky show up on Raw tonight to fight Ronda

Also aren't they taping an episode tonight because the wrestlers are getting Christmas did? That'll be interesting since that would also mean like two episodes of main event.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018

Dolph is actually a pretty great wrestler, boring outside of the ring but a great wrestler. So I don't really see your point with that last sentence.