• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
whiny and bitter Elite riding off into the sunset atop their echo chamber for worst storyline of 2018

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think that the WK card came together GREAT. Much better than late 2018 NJPW has usually been, Cody/Juice is the only real snoozer. It's gonna be a joy watching The Elite get shut out on their way out of town.

Also Eyes Wide Shut should be the center of any yuletide celebration.

OP
OP
Avengers23

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
IWGP Intercontinental Championship match: Chris Jericho (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship match: KUSHIDA (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori
IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship match: Cody (c) vs. Juice Robinson
IWGP Tag Team Championship match: Guerillas of Destiny (c) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA & EVIL) vs. The Young Bucks
Revolution Pro British Heavyweight Championship match: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
IWPG Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado) (c) vs. Roppongi 3K vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI and Shingo Takagi)
NEVER Openweight Championship match: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Will Ospreay
Gauntlet match for #1 contenders for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship

I'm pretty pleased with this card. That's a good number of singles matches, and yeah, the tag team championship matches get stuck into multi-man tag matches once again.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
IWGP Intercontinental Championship match: Chris Jericho (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship match: KUSHIDA (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori

IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship match: Cody (c) vs. Juice Robinson
IWGP Tag Team Championship match: Guerillas of Destiny (c) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA & EVIL) vs. The Young Bucks
Revolution Pro British Heavyweight Championship match: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
IWPG Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado) vs. Roppongi 3K vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI and Shingo Takagi)
NEVER Openweight Championship match: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Will Ospreay
Gauntlet match for #1 contenders for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship

I'm pretty pleased with this card. That's a good number of singles matches, and yeah, the tag team championship matches get stuck into multi-man tag matches once again.

one of the greatest cards of all time

6 bolded matches are going to be insane

also LIJ is fucking going over brothers, 2019 is the year of destino

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
what did the Bucks or Cody whine about, and why would they be bitter?
Bucks and Cody whining about New Japan. "they don't pay us enough to be on the tour, there's no point in being Bullet Club anymore, we won't be there much longer anyways". Storyline or not it's the worst

Kenny whining about all criticism and being a dork on twitter

change da wurld

Acting like they're already done with a company but not in a satisfying story way, just feels like they're compeltely distanced from the product despite Cody being US CHAMP and Bucks getting thrown into the title match

miserable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bucks and Cody whining about New Japan. "they don't pay us enough to be on the tour, there's no point in being Bullet Club anymore, we won't be there much longer anyways". Storyline or not it's the worst

Kenny whining about all criticism and being a dork on twitter

change da wurld

Acting like they're already done with a company but not in a satisfying story way, just feels like they're compeltely distanced from the product despite Cody being US CHAMP and Bucks getting thrown into the title match

XpqRuUe.gif

OP
OP
Avengers23

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone make WWE's producers watch Rizin FF 14 or some old PRIDE tapes so they can learn what entrances should look like?

Speaking of which, we're in December, which means we're in Rizin FF season. And since Triple H's buddy, Floyd Mayweather, is on the card, maybe someone from WWE will be watching.

Boxing exhibition: Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Floyd Mayweather
Atomweight championship fight: Kanna Asakura vs. Ayaka Hamasaki
Featherweight championship fight: Kazuyuki Miyata vs. Erson Yamamoto
Bantamweight championship fight: Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Darrion Caldwell
Lightweight fight: Daron Cruickshank vs. Damien Brown
Flyweight fight: Ulka Sasaki vs. Manel Kape
Light heavyweight fight: Jiri Prochazka vs. Emanuel Newton
Bantamweight fight: Yuki Motoya vs. Justin Scoggins
Lightweight fight: Yusuke Yachi vs. Johnny Case
Atomweight fight: Rena Kubota vs. Samantha Jean-Francois
Lightweight fight: Nobumitsu Osawa vs. Tofik Musaev
Flyweight (?) fight: Shinju Nozawa-Auclair vs. Justyna Zofia Haba

No freak show fights on this Rizin FF card other than Nasukawa vs. Mayweather, which will be a mess since it will be under unique rules.

miserable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like all of those guys and I'm looking forward to whatever AEW ends up being but it's just lame

Since All In none of them have really done anything of note so it's just waiting around and staring at a stopwatch (a similar problem to New Japan waiting for WK)
Did Kenny confirm in any way that he would be leaving after WK?

miserable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone make WWE's producers watch Rizin FF 14 or some old PRIDE tapes so they can learn what entrances should look like?

Speaking of which, we're in December, which means we're in Rizin FF season. And since Triple H's buddy, Floyd Mayweather, is on the card, maybe someone from WWE will be watching.

Boxing exhibition: Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Floyd Mayweather
Atomweight championship fight: Kanna Asakura vs. Ayaka Hamasaki
Featherweight championship fight: Kazuyuki Miyata vs. Erson Yamamoto
Bantamweight championship fight: Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Darrion Caldwell
Lightweight fight: Daron Cruickshank vs. Damien Brown
Flyweight fight: Ulka Sasaki vs. Manel Kape
Light heavyweight fight: Jiri Prochazka vs. Emanuel Newton
Bantamweight fight: Yuki Motoya vs. Justin Scoggins
Lightweight fight: Yusuke Yachi vs. Johnny Case
Atomweight fight: Rena Kubota vs. Samantha Jean-Francois
Lightweight fight: Nobumitsu Osawa vs. Tofik Musaev
Flyweight (?) fight: Shinju Nozawa-Auclair vs. Justyna Zofia Haba

No freak show fights on this Rizin FF card other than Nasukawa vs. Mayweather, which will be a mess since it will be under unique rules.
Hey, what about Crocop? Didn't he say he was gonna have his last fight at this event?

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Did Kenny confirm in any way that he would be leaving after WK?
They've said they're sticking together with whatever they do next and Kenny's contract expires in January because he keeps doing one year deals

No one really knows what the deal would be with AEW and NJPW

I wouldn't be surprised if it's all a huge work, brother but it hasn't been fun to follow

this is my last bullet club shirt

Last edited:

miserable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They've said they're sticking together with whatever they do next and Kenny's contract expires in January because he keeps doing one year deals

No one really knows what the deal would be with AEW and NJPW

I wouldn't be surprised if it's all a huge work, brother but it hasn't been fun to follow
I still think Kenny is going to retain at WK and drop the title later. But if Tana wins, I really hope that we get a Tana vs Kento champion vs champion match at that Baba show in February. Somebody has to make that happen.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
i also could give a fuck about jericho naito

naito and the ic belt means nothing nothing nothing anymore and it's insane they went back to it after the first LIJ run he had with it

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017

this rules

Complaint: first, that Defendant's text messages to Plaintiff regarding the status of and potential response to a demand letter constituted an to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees in a protracted litigation for defamation; second, that as consideration, in return for Defendant "offering" to pay for hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees, Plaintiff' would not remove his own podcast episode for which Plaintiff, and not the Defendant, makes money; and finally, that defendant's conduct rose to the level of fraud based on the fact that he later stopped paying for Plaintiff's legal fees."

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
ROH COO Joe Koff Defends Controversial Sinclair Broadcasting 'Must-Run' News Spots

For those unaware, Sinclair stations aired a segment last month defending the use of tear gas on child migrants attempting to cross the border. The company also required stations to run a segment in June stating the Trump administration's policy to separate children from their families at the border and place them in detention centers was just a case of "liberal" media getting hysterical.
"That is an overblown, overplayed media kind of fodder that people like to pick on," Koff told Wresting Inc. "Those situations are so immaterial to the amount of content that we produce, it just gets picked up because people like to pick that stuff up."
"I could tell you that the number of people who have told me that they would not watch Ring of Honor because we're owned by Sinclair maybe has been one person in seven years." Adding, "It has nothing to do with what we do. There's no politics inside of Ring of Honor as any fan would know. We operate autonomously to that whole scenario."

ROH is just as complicit and guilty as the McMahons. They're all garbage.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
still mad that shingo is a junior btw

all will be redeemed when T-Hawk interferes in Eita/DK though

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
The IC title's just giving Naito something to do for the first part of the year. He'll drop it to Sabre or Shibata (we all know he's going to try to come back even if it's a bad idea) around May-June then win the G1 again and win the title at WK14, aka the fabled Saturday Wrestle Kingdom that New Japan's been saying for years now they hope to sell out. And who better to sell it out than Naito?

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if somehow Tana doesn't go over.

Also just found that I DIDN'T cancel my NJPW subscription and have been paying for it for the past 2 months, but have not been watching. That's what I get for putting it on a card I rarely use.

OP
OP
Avengers23

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if somehow Tana doesn't go over.

Also just found that I DIDN'T cancel my NJPW subscription and have been paying for it for the past 2 months, but have not been watching. That's what I get for putting it on a card I rarely use.
Dato's head might actually explode if Omega wins and Naito loses.

OP
OP
Avengers23

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean 3. Omega has a banger then shows the fuck up for the early 2019 stretch would be ideal IMO, but really depends on what new japan's plans actually are
Wrestle Kingdom
New Year Dash
Fantasticamania - he fucks around during this tour, if he's here at all
The New Beginning - he has a defense here
ROH/NJPW show at MSG - probably a defense here
New Japan Cup - the champion rarely participates during this tournament
Sakura Genesis - another defense
Wrestling Hinoki/Wrestling Dontaku - maybe another defense
Best of the Super Juniors - nope
Dominion - another defense
G1 Climax - matches, if he's even still around by this point

So, you're looking at maybe key matches at The New Beginning, the MSG show, Sakura Genesis, Hinoki/Dontaku, and Dominion before the G1.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Wrestle Kingdom
New Year Dash
Fantasticamania - he fucks around during this tour, if he's here at all
The New Beginning - he has a defense here
ROH/NJPW show at MSG - probably a defense here
New Japan Cup - the champion rarely participates during this tournament
Sakura Genesis - another defense
Wrestling Hinoki/Wrestling Dontaku - maybe another defense
Best of the Super Juniors - nope
Dominion - another defense
G1 Climax - matches, if he's even still around by this point

So, you're looking at maybe key matches at The New Beginning, the MSG show, Sakura Genesis, Hinoki/Dontaku, and Dominion before the G1.
Well I mean the same amount of big matches as anyone else would

If anything that's a problem with the New Japan schedule, but it's never bothered people before

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
dumbfuck history of pro wrestling twitter posts stuff like that exclusively to get whiny old man responses

hurr durr the 70s @cornette