• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WaPo has just reported that according to their sources, Trump will sign the COVID response and government spending bill:

Trump signals he will sign stimulus bill into law and avert shutdown - The Washington Post

Dec. 27, 2020 at 7:34 p.m. EST
President Trump has indicated that he will sign the stimulus bill into law before Monday night's deadline and avert a government shutdown, two people familiar with his plans said Sunday evening, a move that would release $900 billion in stimulus funds as soon as possible.

The people spoke on the condition of anonymity because the matter remained fluid and they weren't authorized to disclose Trump's plans. They said Trump had repeatedly changed his mind on the matter.

Trump's new decision to sign the bill came less than a week after he demanded changes to it and had suggested he would refuse to sign it into law. On Tuesday, he referred to the bill as a "disgrace" but he signaled on Sunday he would sign it after all.

The government was set to shut down on Tuesday if Trump did not sign the bill into law. The spending package also included a new round of stimulus checks, unemployment aid, and small business assistance, among other things.

Trump hinted that there had been a development on Sunday, when he wrote on Twitter that there was "Good news on Covid Relief Bill. Information to follow!"

UPDATE: Trump signed the bill:

Trump signs coronavirus relief and government funding bill into law after lengthy delay - CNNPolitics

Last edited:

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Truly the Ryan Seacrest of presidents.

"Good news on the COVID Relief Bill! We'll tell you what it is... AFTER the break!"

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Averting the crisis he created

edit:

btw this shit?

"Good news on Covid Relief Bill. Information to follow!"

this motherfucker is talking like he's announcing the next video game update

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
So you don't actually want $2000 checks, you wanted a circus. Fucking loser just gtfo already.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Should be more, but the more important thing is keeping a few million people from being kicked off their unemployment insurance. Keeping those people from having their income suddenly fall to zero is way more important than getting an extra few hundred for everyone else.

Same with extending the eviction moratorium and rental assistance. It does some good. I worry about January 31st though.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
its weird I dont get the play. like of choas was his goal, not signing it was the better choice, and if he was always going to sign it why the fiasco?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
its weird I dont get the play. like of choas was his goal, not signing it was the better choice, and if he was always going to sign it why the fiasco?

There was no goal. There is NEVER a goal besides whatever tantrum he's throwing at the moment. I still don't understand how 4 years of this and some people still thinking Trump is playing 4d chess when the motherfucker can't even play checkers.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
So are we thinking that the process to get these checks is the same as the first time? Or are they just giving them to you if you signed up the first time already?

Naw, Twitch is fine. This is mainly for those doing illegal streams of copyrighted content (TV shows, movies, etc.).

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
So wait what's the latest? I see another thread saying now things are scrapped and what will happen is unknown?

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
What's his great development then? Because he was bitching about past few days? They gonna agree on adding the additional money tomorrow in a clean bill as Nancy called for?

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
There was no goal. There is NEVER a goal besides whatever tantrum he's throwing at the moment. I still don't understand how 4 years of this and some people still thinking Trump is playing 4d chess when the motherfucker can't even play checkers.
I never said he was smart, he is a idot, but even than its still a weird move.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
The tweet is so vague I'm half expecting him to say something like "Good news! Everyone will get $3000... once I'm still president on January 21! Just gotta make sure everyone in Congress does the right thing on Jan 6!"

I could be totally wrong but this is totally the kind of hail mary he is desperate enough to do.

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder if after signing he will still tweet encouraging The GOP to pass the $2000 checks. I know he wants it, for his optics in 2024.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This means that tomorrow's bill cannot possibly be about anything but 600 vs 2k. No negotiation with 230, no talking about defunding foreign aid, nothing. It won't pass the Senate, of course, but Republicans are fucked.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
So what does this mean for people who have been kicked off of UI. Will they have to reapply.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Have you been paying attention to how the RIAA's been fucking with Twitch streamers these past couple of months?
Of course. I'm saying this bill isn't targeting Twitch or YouTube or even Facebook game streams. This bill is mainly for illegal streams of TV shows, movies, and the like. Maybe in the future someone will be dumb enough to go after games, but those are still perfectly legal to stream. The RIAA is going to do its thing no matter what anyway.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
This means that tomorrow's bill cannot possibly be about anything but 600 vs 2k. No negotiation with 230, no talking about defunding foreign aid, nothing. It won't pass the Senate, of course, but Republicans are fucked.

Trump is probably going to lie and say that he only meant diverting wasteful spending to the American people, and not further increasing the national debt to give people money.