• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo have barely added any updates to SMM2, which is kind of a game that requires constant updates.
This is the most surprising about all of this to me. Mario Maker lives off its active community of people who create and play new levels and it's pretty much basic wisdom that games like this need constant support to keep their playerbase engaged. And yet... Nintendo has barely done the bare minimum to keep Mario Maker 2 active. It's weird.

I'm not all that surprised NSMBU is doing better, though. There's a reason Mario platformers have been around for 30 years and a bunch of user created levels is just not a replacement for a proper Mario game. Mario Maker is great for the creative types, but that's not everyone's cup of tea.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I'm really curious about Switch Lite sales vs the standard Switch. Is there any info out there about the sales ratio between the two units?

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
I expected Pokemon to be at #3 combined at minimum, so #2 is good. I wonder if it's already the highest Pokemon game revenue-wise. It certainly must be close.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know why I'm here.

44416.jpg

2019 YTD
Kingdom Hearts III

PlayStation 4 2019 YTD
[*]Kingdom Hearts III
[/LIST]

All hail Nomura! The one true tensai.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017

How much did the 360 sell in 2011? That was the 360 peak year in both in the US and worldwide right?

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
~7.3 million. The best year since then was the PS4 in 2015 (~5.7 million). Granted the Switch outperforming that year was a foregone conclusion.

Dunno if the source I found is correct but it said that the 360 did ~6.3 million a year later in 2012.
Maybe someone has access to data and can share them. It would be nice to know them.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Surprised to see Days Gone in the top 20 for the year.

Bummer no Death Stranding anywhere, its a brilliantly unique game and I wish more developers were encouraged to make unique games.

Is Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield two different games? Like is it just the same game with 2 different sets of pokemon or is are they actually different games?

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
Dunno if the source I found is correct but it said that the 360 did ~6.3 million a year later in 2012.
Maybe someone has access to data and can share them. It would be nice to know them.

The old prediction archive had the 360 at ~5.3 million in 2012, so your source is probably incorrect

7.3M? That's.. a lot of consoles.

So probably somewhere in the 6.5M range give or take a few for the Switch this year I guess?

Combining the leaked results and estimates, the Switch was at roughly ~4.5 million after November. 6.3-6.5 million is probably a solid estimate imo.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Combining the leaked results and estimates, the Switch was at roughly ~4.5 million after November. 6.3-6.5 million is probably a solid estimate imo.

I've got 4618K for the combined number so far. But yeah, around those numbers should be a pretty safe bet.

Damn that Xbox number though.. didnt realize it was that high.

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
I've got 4618K for the combined number so far. But yeah, around those numbers should be a pretty safe bet.

Damn that Xbox number though.. didnt realize it was that high.

360 was a beast.

2015 then? I thought ps4 peaked in its 4th year not 2nd

I'm actually surprised switch sold more in its best year vs PS4s best year

IIRC the PS4 did peak in 2017-globally. Individual markets don't automatically follow global trends though.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Since we know Pokemon is ahead of Fallen Order for Q4 combined, it has to be at least #6 for 2019 YTD.