• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mat feel free to PM me the results. I'll keep it on the down low

The boss just hasnt gotten them to me and they aren't responding to my e-mails

plusaflag

User requested ban
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
I kinda wish I could take advantage of the latent insanity in this thread to post a picture of Peter Nilsson during his prime, but nah. I know better.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Benji or Mat.

Which countries covers the NPD reports apart from the US?

Is there any way to get info about South American sales? (I know we're a microscopic market in the grand scheme of things but knowing sales info in our territories would be insightful).

Which country are you interested in?. I don't remember seeing numbers for the whole South America. It's probably too big with too many differences between countries taxes, markets and currencies.

Clipper5

Dec 13, 2017
For South America, it's a real challenge but there are local trade bodies that sometimes publish sales. Mexico is the only meaningful market, especially for Xbox as Brazil has such high duty rates that retail prices prevent any significant console adoption rates so Sony and Microsoft have tried to manufacture locally. Nintendo has never had much presence in South America; on a global basis, Nintendo has the weakest distribution network of the three, Sony the best as it exploited its original local consumer electronics offices.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ouya > PS1 Classic > Vita > 3DS > Switch > PSVR > XboX One > PS4

True leak and accurate platform rankings

Sal_S

Oct 30, 2017
Hamilton
No Pork and no numbers make Era go CRAZY!
I4Jh1pP.gif

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Benji or Mat.

Which countries covers the NPD reports apart from the US?

Is there any way to get info about South American sales? (I know we're a microscopic market in the grand scheme of things but knowing sales info in our territories would be insightful).

NPD covers digital for Sony, MS and Steam platforms for members of the DLP across the entirety of the Americas. Physical tracking is done in MEX, US and CAN.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
You know since we all crazy I'll say something truly factual and truly mean it. I enjoy being apart of this community and the sales guys like Benji are awesome. Whatever happens I'll see ya on the other side of the results.

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
NPD covers digital for Sony, MS and Steam platforms for members of the DLP across the entirety of the Americas. Physical tracking is done in MEX, US and CAN.

This is great to hear. Didn't know digital data is shared for the whole of Americas.
So for Mexico you have essential the same complete picture as the US market.

Without going into details, how much did that market grow in the last years?

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Only thing I'm interested in seeing is if RDR2 ended up passing BO4 for top selling game of the year.

Don't really care about console sales on a month to month basis.

Deleted member 2785

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is great to hear. Didn't know digital data is shared for the whole of Americas.
So for Mexico you have essential the same complete picture as the US market.

Without going into details, how much did that market grow in the last years?

Not sure, I'll have to go look.

Only thing I'm interested in seeing is if RDR2 ended up passing BO4 for top selling game of the year.

Don't really care about console sales on a month to month basis.

Cool. This will save me a lot of work in the media release.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Switch did over 2 million

Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to fend off the Soulja Boy console, which sold over 300 million units in the U.S. alone.

JSG87

Mar 13, 2018
Ayr, Scotland
I do love these threads. This almost feels like the chibirobo all over again. Goddamn! That was the whole reason I joined Resetera in the first place and now thus is just fantastic!

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Do you know if there is something about Argentina and Brazil? I don't know if there are numbers from here.

I found this, it's from 2016 and I'm not sure how accurate the info is as it's based on surveys not sales tracking: https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/latin-american-games-market/.

Newzoo_Most_Popular_Consoles_Brazil_Argentina.png

Overall situation seems to be slow adoption rate of this generation consoles in both countries and Xbox dominates Brazil while Playstation dominates Argentina.

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if he actually sold any ? As it appears Nintendo smacked him down pretty hard. He had claimed revenue in the low millions previously
He said he's sold 5 million dollars worth but also in the same breath anyone who donated him lots of money could get one free pretty please I'm an entrepreneur all y'all media is haters this is the comeback of 2018z

Also Souljawatch was taken down, "hacked" by his "ex-cameraman" who is a hater.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
Which country are you interested in?. I don't remember seeing numbers for the whole South America. It's probably too big with too many differences between countries taxes, markets and currencies.

Colombia and maybe Peru. I always wonder about what is our real numbers on official consoles/software sales from local retailers (Panamericana, Alkosto/Ktronix, EB-Games, Exito, Falabella), since we've a competing grey market (guys who import units from US, etc.)

Thx for the reply. So, at least we have an impact on digital sales. I imagine like 1st Steam (by a lot), 2nd Microsoft (the MS Store is nice but pricing is hit and miss in some games) and last Sony (since PS Store in Colombia is shit tier). All of this was possible with the advent of regional pricing that opened affordable gaming prices to the masses.

Last edited: