• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Do you feel confident that it could be the biggest NPD result ever (above the 3.3M Halo record)?
Smash sold 2,6m physical in Japan for the same period that covers December NPD. Don't be surprised it you see a 4m+ number physical for USA. Nintendo should give PR with physical+digital sales.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Smash sold 2,6m physical in Japan for the same period that covers December NPD. Don't be surprised it you see a 4m+ number physical for USA. Nintendo should give PR with physical+digital sales.
True, it makes sense that the record will be broken when you look at it that way. In the meantime I'll be rooting for 6 million physical + digital from Nintendo's report!

m051293

Oct 29, 2017
True, it makes sense that the record will be broken when you look at it that way. In the meantime I'll be rooting for 6 million physical + digital from Nintendo's report!

Yeah same. Per Nintendo it was >3M through Jan 17, so pre-Christmas/New-Year's period plus half a post-holiday period should have been able to pile on a decent amount more. In the 5Ms at the last with physical+digital I think.

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow at that FFXV food. And Sushi Striker HAS to be a contender. Does Kirby qualify or no because he eats everything.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
FFXV has the most delicious food in a game I've seen. I get jealous of the boys sometimes lol

Also Smash will be #1. Don't know what the bar to hit #10 on the YTD will be for it land there.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just catching up on the thread.

Over Halo 3 is increasingly likely now? Oh my god.

Anyone remember the multitude of people who thought that Nintendo blew their load last year and had nothing left after Mario, Zelda and Mario Kart?

We all underestimated this Smash it seems but some more than others clearly.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
It's not just US and UK people need to stop saying that.

Mexico and Brazil are also big Xbox markets

Yes mainland Europe and Asia it has not much presence
Brazil doesn't have probably 1 million (PS4 and XboxOne) combined. Brazil is a small market for current gen(expensive consoles)

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Just catching up on the thread.

Over Halo 3 is increasingly likely now? Oh my god.

Anyone remember the multitude of people who thought that Nintendo blew their load last year and had nothing left after Mario, Zelda and Mario Kart?

We all underestimated this Smash it seems but some more than others clearly.
People will miss the Nicheman posts after that press release thread drops.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
It's not just US and UK people need to stop saying that.

Mexico and Brazil are also big Xbox markets

Yes mainland Europe and Asia it has not much presence
You probably need to define big. It's not a stretch to say U.S and UK are Xbox's most important territories. What's the percentage of sales they make up? I'm sure the number is large just off of me browsing NPD threads and sales milestones.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Brazil doesn't have probably 1 million (PS4 and XboxOne) combined. Brazil is a small market for current gen(expensive consoles)

Is this information available anywhere? Would love to learn more about the market there.

Visiting some stores during my last visit to Brazil one thing that really caught my attention was the absolute absence of any Nintendo related products in some stores (Saraiva, UZ Games, Fnac).

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018

Anything other than Smash would be a huge surprise.
I even expect Smash to be the best selling exclusive of the year above Spiderman.

6 million. Close to 100% more than any other exclusive opening month.
6 million would also contest the top 10 all time launch month for any game.

Well the difference between 4 and 6 million is 50%
Lets settle somewhere in between.

Last edited:

iag

Oct 27, 2017
Is this information available anywhere? Would love to learn more about the market there.

Visiting some stores during my last visit to Brazil one thing that really caught my attention was the absolute absence of any Nintendo related products in some stores (Saraiva, UZ Games, Fnac).
Brazil does not have an official Nintendo distributor, so you have to import, buy from someone who imports, or buy from eShop.