• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And that's it moving forward

I tried being nice to people. I tried being patient and having zero people blocked

But I'm done now. If you act a fool your getting blocked no exceptions

So if anyone plans on interacting with me moving forward try to behave please

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I was only able to properly play with zero issues late last night. I had a good time. The game is ok. The exploration and flying don't seem to be as interesting as I first thought but I need to give it more time.

I don't think I would outright buy the game at the moment. I'm getting it via Origin Access Premier so I'll still play it.

That's good to hear. If it is going to be a growing game then my hope would be the core is good enough to keep players engaged if the content roll out is solid.

Lmao, it's a pretty old build, you've just come back after spreading wrong information, probably best not to come straight back in doing the same.

What a dumb clown post.

It's none one's fault but the publsiher if they launch an old build that performs poorly to show off their game that comes out in less than a month to players. The impressions thread is filled with people with technical issues. Why the fuck is it acceptable to put a game with this many issues in players hands and then claim it's not representative?

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And this is my last ever post on December

- I said PS4 was between 700k-800k most likely. Spot on
- I said Xbox One was around a million give or take a bit. Was off by single digit %
- I said Switch would have biggest December this gen. Spot on
- I said Smash would break the exclusive NPD record. Spot on
- I said Switch would probably outsell PS4 and Xbox One combined. Spot On

Literally the only thing I got "wrong" was predicting Switch at 2 million and was only off by 11%. Generally anything within 15% margin of error is a good prediction

If the mountain of things I accurately shared is not good enough for you because ONE prediction I made didnt nail it on the head do us both a favor and block me so we dont have to bother each other

IF YOU ARE A YOUTUBER OR SOMEONE WRITING AN ARTICLE

Stop using my posts as click bait and then try to shit on me if ONE thing I make a prediction on isnt how you report it. I never claim this as facts. Its me using info I have access to and then extrapolating a prediction to market. And I'm damn good at it to.

That's all. Nice Benji who let's people run all over him is over

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

- I said Xbox One was around a million give or take a bit. Was off by single digit %

Literally the only thing I got "wrong" was predicting Switch at 2 million and was only off by 11%. Generally anything within 15% margin of error is a good prediction

If the mountain of things I accurately shared is not good enough for you because ONE prediction I made didnt nail it on the head do us both a favor and block me so we dont have to bother each other

Stop using my posts as click bait and then try to shit on me if ONE thing I make a prediction on isnt how you report it. I never claim this as facts. Its me using info I have access to and then extrapolating a prediction to market. And I'm damn good at it to.

(:

I wouldn't worry about it, thanks again.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Benji you get the vast, VAST majority of your predictions/analysis spot-on. But even when you're off on something, you've done a good job of prefacing your thoughts with plenty of disclaimers. If some people are too dense to actually read your words, fuck 'em.

Glad you're staying on ERA. We love ya' man. And it's not just for the sales talk. I'd be sad to see you leave under any circumstances and would be perfectly fine if you just spent time here talking about the games themselves. The sales insight is just a really nice bonus. You're a good member to have in this community.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Benji you get the vast, VAST majority of your predictions/analysis spot-on. But even when you're off on something, you've done a good job of prefacing your thoughts with plenty of disclaimers. If some people are too dense to actually read your words, fuck 'em.

Glad you're staying on ERA. We love ya' man. And it's not just for the sales talk. I'd be sad to see you leave under any circumstances and would be perfectly fine if you just spent time here talking about the games themselves. The sales insight is just a really nice bonus. You're a good member to have in this community.

No doubt.

I'm only posting these things to make it CRYSTAL CLEAR how things are going to work with me moving forward. I've decided to stick around and everyone thats cool / nice things will be as good as always. But yeah, I'm not going to be overly patient with people anymore.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lmao, it's a pretty old build, you've just come back after spreading wrong information, probably best not to come straight back in doing the same.
I know user in question got banned but I just wanted to thank the mods for their swift action here. Insiders get enough crap as is and I'm happy that ERA lets them have a platform that doesn't accept the personal attacks on them.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
How I know I have a good hand of blocking folks: the troll posts never appear to me: I always only ever get to see the replies. Y'all should up your pre-emptive blocking game!

Hey, Benji can you tell us if your outlook on January has changed in any way?

Have RE2 and KHIII had any effect on the hardware. Excuse me if I missed it.
I second this question: I'm curious how big of an impact those two titles have on PS4 and XB1 hardware (considering your previous comment, it's probably mostly an impact on PS4 hardware), and I also wonder if Switch is still benefitting from the December momentum or if things show signs of retrograding towards last year's sales level as we approach February.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Benji glad to see you here. You are one of the pillars of the US sales discussion.

Regarding January, could we have a Japanese top 3 this month ? JP games are killing it these past two years.

Deleted member 2785

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is like a soap opera with none of the fun bits.

Anyways, to get back on track with more sales chat and less drama, best-sellers for PlayStation Vita:

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC

Amazing post. Fuck the haters! Glad you're not going anywhere, Benji!

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mat I'm sure you would like if I wasnt here

But I'm staying. So if ya gonna be sassy it is what is

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Ys 8, the best game of any platform in the past 10 years not making the top 10 for Switch is a disaster the likes of which the gaming community has never seen. Absolutely shameful.

If it's about Ys sales on the west the blame probably should go to NISA, but like it's been said already it's a niche series in the west that fortunately is still alive and kicking 30 years later.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If it's about Ys sales on the west the blame probably should go to NISA, but like it's been said already it's a niche series in the west that fortunately is still alive and kicking 30 years later.

Fairly sure Ys 8 is the most successful Ys in the west by a good margin and the Switch version is a massive factor in that.

In fact we know it did 500k worldwide, which I think it quite the achievement for the series(?)

Deleted member 2785

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mat I'm sure you would like if I wasnt here

But I'm staying. So if ya gonna be sassy I'll be sassy

What the hell is this.

We've chatted for years. I've got no problem with it, I think it's great. So take a step back.

Just wish instead of the drama the convo would focus on what the topic of the thread is.

So sue me.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is this.

We've chatted for years. I've got no problem with it, I think it's great. So take a step back.

Just wish instead of the drama the convo would focus on what the topic of the thread is.

So sue me.

I'm sorry your right and that was uncalled for. Really you don't deserve me being a dick to you

I'm on edge and lashing out. I need to drop it.

It was pretty fucked up of me tbh

Apologies sincerely

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But I agree with Mat. Lots drop all discussion of me for the rest of this thread. I only posted the ground rules because I'm on edge and that poster in the thread set me off. That's exactly why I'm blocking people now because its not healthy for me to read this sort of stuff.

Again apologies and I really dont want to talk anymore about myself in this thread or the January one PLEASE

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Never mind, will respect request instead of telling a person that was banned anyway what I think...

Last edited:

Rellik

Oct 28, 2017
This is like a soap opera with none of the fun bits.

Anyways, to get back on track with more sales chat and less drama, best-sellers for PlayStation Vita:

Silly question Mat: does NPD still track old systems like NDS, PSP and Wii? When does NPD stop tracking a system?

Another one: do you have the Wii U best sellers list for 2018?

And the last one: are you confident in getting digital numbers for Nintendo games during 2019?

Thanks!

Deleted member 2785

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Silly question Mat: does NPD still track old systems like NDS, PSP and Wii?

Of course. Still track Genesis, Game Gear and everything else. Tracking goes back to Jan 95.

When does NPD stop tracking a system?

Never.

Another one: do you have the Wii U best sellers list for 2018?

I can do one Monday.

And the last one: are you confident in getting digital numbers for Nintendo games during 2019?

More cautiously optimistic.

No prob.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
MatPiscatella This question isn't really too related to December, but I got to ask: What's the craziest, most surprsing numbers you've seen for an old video game or console? By that, I don't mean how the NES Classic was doing gangbusters, just some ancient video game showing up that you'd never expect?

Deleted member 2785

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MatPiscatella This question isn't really too related to December, but I got to ask: What's the craziest, most surprsing numbers you've seen for an old video game or console? By that, I don't mean how the NES Classic was doing gangbusters, just some ancient video game showing up that you'd never expect?

SpongeBob Kreature from the Krusty Krab has been selling steadily for, like, ever. Very small units, but still. Every month it keeps happening. So surprisingly consistent for a long time.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
How is Switch performance for January so far. I assumed it would outperform Jan 18 from Smash afterglow but that is purely gut feel on my part.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
How is Switch performance for January so far. I assumed it would outperform Jan 18 from Smash afterglow but that is purely gut feel on my part.

It should outperformed not just because of Smash, but also because they released a 2D Mario game that is from all indication outselling the Wii U version despite that version being a launched game.

Rellik

Oct 28, 2017
Of course. Still track Genesis, Game Gear and everything else. Tracking goes back to Jan 95.

Never.

I can do one Monday.

More cautiously optimistic.

No prob.

Theorymon already did the next question I had planned :D any other surprising numbers related to old hardware?

Looking forward for the Wii U 2018 list and I hope that 2019 is the year that NPD gets Nintendo (and Bethesda) digital numbers. Thanks again!

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam

You did good Benji, don't let some fools get to you.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
To the sales community

Thank you, all of you that reached out to here on Era, through DMs, and on Twitter. Your words of encouragement really put into perspective how many of you care about what is i do, and made me realize those that troll me or hate on me are a drop in the bucket compared to the immense amount of support I receive. I truly honestly had no idea how appreciated I am and I never want to take that for granted again.

So again, thank you.

I'm not leaving.
I will not stop posting about sales
I love the sales community

Fuck the haters. Sincerely

Let's GO!

How did I miss this?!

*virtual hugs*

Glad to see you're not going.

ItsOKAY

Jan 26, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
But I agree with Mat. Lots drop all discussion of me for the rest of this thread. I only posted the ground rules because I'm on edge and that poster in the thread set me off. That's exactly why I'm blocking people now because its not healthy for me to read this sort of stuff.

Again apologies and I really dont want to talk anymore about myself in this thread or the January one PLEASE

Just want to say: Nice to see you back, Benji! Always appreciate your work and posts here at Era! Here are many people who think like me. Let the haters hate:) Just wanted to let you know!

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Benji how is KH III tracking?
I have high expectations for that one and was pegging it as the best selling entry in the series easy

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017

Really Benji Biggest takeaway for me is your last point about the outselling of both PS4/XONE combined. That ended up being the headline anyway. Thar was IIRC the first insight you posted way back in the middle of the month and people thouth you were crazy.

The sales-talk specifically at the number being over 2 million was latched onto by certain individuals who were very much wedded into the not making 20 million camp so they probably feel a special sense of vindication that it didn't make 2 million and are harassing you about it. But there's really no reason Nintendo still couldn't get to 20m even with their still super impressive december.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
SpongeBob Kreature from the Krusty Krab has been selling steadily for, like, ever. Very small units, but still. Every month it keeps happening. So surprisingly consistent for a long time.

I still chuckle at your shock over Sonic on Game Gear selling during the Toys R Us clearance.

Apologies if I missed it, but any chance of a top 10 systems by SKU?

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
And that's it moving forward

I tried being nice to people. I tried being patient and having zero people blocked

But I'm done now. If you act a fool your getting blocked no exceptions

So if anyone plans on interacting with me moving forward try to behave please
Honestly, this is a reasonable attitude to have.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the health of the NPD video game market in 2019.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone with a Vita know if Street Fighter vs Tekken was on sale? It seems like a random ass game to lead December.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They were not lucky, they believed in what they were doing, they believed if they made a great game it will leave great impression whether its cartoony or not.

after TP's huge success and SS's disappointing sales any company would have gone back to that realistic style and blamed poor sales on the game's look, but Nintendo didn't do that, they doubled down on the look and updated the game/series in the areas they felt were lacking compared to other games.

they made the right choice.
Nintendo more so went for style that represented both artstyles

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
so benji and

Has been great seeing your predictions pretty much completely proven BEFORE actual sales data. invaluable so thank you sir

and Mat also

Also pachter lol at his constantly increasing "tracking at" for switch since 8 million

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
They were not lucky, they believed in what they were doing, they believed if they made a great game it will leave great impression whether its cartoony or not.

after TP's huge success and SS's disappointing sales any company would have gone back to that realistic style and blamed poor sales on the game's look, but Nintendo didn't do that, they doubled down on the look and updated the game/series in the areas they felt were lacking compared to other games.

they made the right choice.

This comparison is highly flawed. Twilight Princess was a Wii launch game while Skyward Sword came out after Nintendo abandoned the Wii for the 3DS and left it to die almost completely to focused on the Wii U after Skyward Sword was released. Nintendo would know that they couldn't directly compare the two.

Breath of the Wild got lucky being a crossgen game along with it being great.