• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

plusaflag

User requested ban
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
To the sales community

Thank you, all of you that reached out to here on Era, through DMs, and on Twitter. Your words of encouragement really put into perspective how many of you care about what is i do, and made me realize those that troll me or hate on me are a drop in the bucket compared to the immense amount of support I receive. I truly honestly had no idea how appreciated I am and I never want to take that for granted again.

So again, thank you.

I'm not leaving.
I will not stop posting about sales
I love the sales community

Fuck the haters. Sincerely

Let's GO!
This is marvelous. However, we can only enjoy you as long as you last, so please take care of yourself.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha.

But even then I still disagree ha.
I dont think the change happened pre launch to this might work out. People wouldn't give it even that in some threads.
Because even after launch people werent convinced, even with sell outs.
X theory was "didn't Wii U have a solid launch too?"
Y theory was the 10 million theory "Nintendo's core fans are about 10 million. Therefore selling out at launch doesnt mean anything since the core will buy any console regardless." So it was wait until 10 milion.

Lastly people seem to have forgotten how 2017's lineup was thought of 2 years ago, which is funny in 2019 since people love it. It was generally "if you have a Wii u you dont need a switch for zelda or Mario Kart. 1-2 is a bad game. Splatoon looks iterative. So there's nothing until Arms and Odyssey, since Xeno won't make 2017"

That was gaf/era for most of 2017
I know what you mean. I think I belong to a portion of people that didn't realize it's true potential until I put my hands on it at launch.

I'm a long time Nintendo fan so you would think I was biased, but I really barely touched the Wii U or 3DS. I played Super Mario Maker, Mario 3D World, and a bit of Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD, but that was about it for Wii U. 3DS I played a few Phoenix Wright games, Pokemon X/Y and a small amount of Moon, Virtue's Last Reward, and Luigi's Mansion 2... and that was it until after the Switch launched and I went back and played some Dragon Quest.

Switch though has been magnetic to me since first touch, right then I knew everyone had underestimated it after the reveal. It has really brought me back into console gaming from PC more than any other system. That was impressive and then my lapsed console gaming friends who play PUBG, League, and Overwatch non-stop all wanted one after the reveal without me pushing anything... that was when I realized how far it's appeal could extend.

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
To the sales community

Thank you, all of you that reached out to here on Era, through DMs, and on Twitter. Your words of encouragement really put into perspective how many of you care about what is i do, and made me realize those that troll me or hate on me are a drop in the bucket compared to the immense amount of support I receive. I truly honestly had no idea how appreciated I am and I never want to take that for granted again.

So again, thank you.

I'm not leaving.

Let's GO!

Glad to see you were able to fight back!!!

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I'm wondering what numbers the Switch could do next December. I don't think the INSANE 3.81 million from the Wii will EVER be touched. But I can see 2.5 or 2.7 million.

slavesnyder

Oct 26, 2017
SlaveSnyder Media Corp.
To the sales community

So again, thank you.

I'm not leaving.

Let's GO!
i am deeply disappointed. this is a fuckup in timing of donmattrickal dimensions.
your resurrection could have been the cliffhanger with happy ending the january npd thread would have needed so badly.
that's a missed opportunity that will hurt us in the long run. unforgivable.

nice to have you here, benji! that's the sugarcoat on my morning.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
To the sales community

So again, thank you.

I'm not leaving.

Let's GO!
giphy.gif

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's about tech that I'm talking about. Considering 3DS specs, no one was expecting Vita at the same price, so relatively speaking $249 sounded great.

In terms of games I agree that 3DS was more interesting.

if it is too good to be true it probably is. If its $249, there's definitely something fishy (and turns out they were offloading the cost to the memory card).

But people were too emotionally driven to think of such possibility.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Btw I don't know if anyone noticed but :

The Switch has sold more software at retail than any platform in the past two years. Really impressive stuff.

Cheers MatPiscatella for your accurate prediction !

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Btw I don't know if anyone noticed but :

The Switch has sold more software at retail than any platform in the past two years. Really impressive stuff.

Cheers MatPiscatella for your accurate prediction !

Thanks. Being right on this predictions and $5 can get me a Chalupa Supreme Cravings Box at Taco Bell. So I have that going for me, which is nice.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone seen Nirolak around lately?

I've been thinking I haven't seen them around and miss their insight.

I've been wondering the same :/ Hopefully they're ok, I really do miss their insight.

On that same note, I really hope you stick around. A lot of us have been quietly really learning a lot and appreciating insight from people like you and them. It would really be a shame if this place lost some of you guys. I've personally been able to learn a ton of things about this industry through the insight of people like you, and it's been incredibly valuable to me over time.

Supernova

Oct 10, 2018
To the sales community

So again, thank you.

I'm not leaving.

Let's GO!

Always appreciated your thoughtful insights both here and on twitter. Keep being you :)

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
To the sales community

So again, thank you.

I'm not leaving.

Let's GO!
Thanks for staying with us benji. We highly value your presence in those threads.

So again, thank you.

I'm not leaving.

Let's GO!

This is Naruto Sage mode right here ! :P

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To the sales community

So again, thank you.

I'm not leaving.

Let's GO!
Heck yeah grateful to still have you around Benji. You and Mat are awesome and your insight is very much appreciated by a lot of us. I know it's hard but just try to keep that in mind next time someone tries to get to you.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
To the sales community

So again, thank you.

I'm not leaving.

Let's GO!

Wow buddy, I'm really glad you had a change of heart. I didn't DM you or anything because I didn't want to bug you, but for whatever it's worth, you can consider me one more notch in the support column. Not even for the insider sales info, but for your fun attitude and great analysis. I'd want you to stick around even if you decided not to talk about the insider stuff.

Nov 11, 2017
The forums are basically usually wrong. According to most or many, the Wii was going to fail. The PS3 was supposed to dominate. The Xbox One was going to steamroll the PS4 and put Sony potentially out of business. The Switch was going to fail as bad as the Wii U and so on.
This was never said on neogaf or Era 🤣 .xbox has been the least liked console on here for over a decade now

Oct 27, 2017
Sussex, England, UK
To the sales community

So again, thank you.

I'm not leaving.

Let's GO!
Very happy for this 😊. Would be a worse place without you!

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's safe to say the Anthem demo / Beta has been a disaster.

I'm curious to see what sort of impact this has as the game was tracking well. Not so confident anymore

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
So it's safe to say the Anthem demo / Beta has been a disaster.

I'm curious to see what sort of impact this has as the game was tracking well. Not so confident anymore
I wrote in the topic that you can't launch a demo like this and some folks even defended EA saying that it's not the official launch...

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
The game is a technical mess. Infinite loading screens that get stuck, framerate on X and Pro diving down to single digits, loot disappearing, connection issues, hard crashes, etc.

It's really bad

Man this is giving me flashbacks to Mass Effect Andromedia's messy demo too. The optimistic side of me hopes that this means devs aren't gonna to be forced to rush out their games if they aren't ready, but I wonder if companies like EA are just not gonna have these kinds of demos anymore instead...

Granted, maybe a massive multiplayer game like Anthem not having a demo / beta would also be a red flag to consumers anyways. Regardless, its a shame Anthem seems to be in a miserable state right now, hope Bioware can survive this!

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Is the core game actually fun though? It always looked like it would be.
I was only able to properly play with zero issues late last night. I had a good time. The game is ok. The exploration and flying don't seem to be as interesting as I first thought but I need to give it more time.

I don't think I would outright buy the game at the moment. I'm getting it via Origin Access Premier so I'll still play it.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Except that it was nowhere better, except tech which DS-PSP has shown that it doesn't matter.
3DS has got Monster Hunter, Mario Kart and Mario 3DS announced and ready for release while Vita has... MGS tech demo, Bioshock logo, a Call of Duty logo? If 3DS was barely breaking even at that price point, why will Sony release the Vita with the same price tag without a catch (in this case, an overpriced mandatory, proprietary memory card to offload the cost of the actual system)? Its silly to actually think Vita has a chance.
At that point MH wasn't announced for 3DS yet. People were still expecting the series to continue on Vita instead and most were expecting a native MHP3rd HD port too.

Really the early 3DS price cut and getting MH3G/MH4 were sort of like the death knell for Vita. Sony couldn't match the price and they lost their one real system seller before they were even on shelves.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At that point MH wasn't announced for 3DS yet. People were still expecting the series to continue on Vita instead and most were expecting a native MHP3rd HD port too.

Really the early 3DS price cut and getting MH3G/MH4 were sort of like the death knell for Vita. Sony couldn't match the price and they lost their one real system seller before they were even on shelves.

Its delusional to expect the series continuing on the Vita, considering the Vita's fate was sealed before launch. there's no MH announcement for Vita and people were cheering for its $250 price tag

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Its delusional to expect the series continuing on the Vita, considering the Vita's fate was sealed before launch. there's no MH announcement for Vita and people were cheering for its $250 price tag
Capcom did have MHP3rd at the Vita reveal to show off it's backward compat, including improvements like dual analog. It wasn't exactly delusional to think the series would be on Vita back then. They also had a Lost Planet 2 tech demo that went nowhere too.

The MH3G/4 megaton was actually what sealed Vita's fate but that wasn't until August/September 2011.

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Antagonizing other members; previous infractions
The game is a technical mess. Infinite loading screens that get stuck, framerate on X and Pro diving down to single digits, loot disappearing, connection issues, hard crashes, etc.

It's really bad

Lmao, it's a pretty old build, you've just come back after spreading wrong information, probably best not to come straight back in doing the same.