• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
I sadly stopped midway throug one of the recent episodes. It just wasn't connecting for me.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I like how the case just jumped right onto it without playing dumb, and ground hog just cut through the chase.
Let's go NIELS! no heavy baggage just sour fish and yogurt.

do I need this Craig side story? I guess to flesh out this character rather than just being bad government guy.

didn't see this episode ending in a cliffhanger

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Really intense episode to conclude the story. I was wondering what the ultimate solution would end up being.

And it looks like the case has altered more things, judging by the Maddox scene.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
How the ep was handled was unexpected, so damn good.

And the end credits are different every ep?

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
And the end credits are different every ep?
There are audio transmissions following every episode that play during the credits. You need to watch it on one of the streaming services unless you live in one of the rare markets where the broadcaster opts to not play promos over the credits.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
There are audio transmissions following every episode that play during the credits. You need to watch it on one of the streaming services unless you live in one of the rare markets where the broadcaster opts to not play promos over the credits.
Yeah I get the audio, but I just assumed they were the same. Just happened to let the last two eps play completely and heard they were different lol.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I love you Oniichan.
Alt-George missing luscious mullet.
All George gives wrong advice

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Do we know if this is on track to survive or be axed?
I'm behind an episode but I'm digging it, it's a nice swimming in 7s for now.

OP
OP
TDLink

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if this is on track to survive or be axed?
I'm behind an episode but I'm digging it, it's a nice swimming in 7s for now.
Some people would tell you it will likely be cancelled because of the low .4 live rating in the 18 - 49 demo.

But the truth is we don't know, and it is impossible to have any indication, without NBC releasing the digital streaming numbers. To cross post something I posted earlier in the main TV thread:

The live ratings are somewhat low, but they've held extremely steady, unlike many other shows which show a steady decline. There's a consistent audience, and that is a very positive thing. You also have to take into account that Manifest has dropped over time to essentially the same demo rating that Debris currently has. If it comes down to one or the other, NBC may take the chance on the newer show that has held steady growing an audience before the next season rather than the show that is 3 seasons deep and in decline.

And, most importantly, we have absolutely no idea about the digital numbers on Peacock and Hulu. The show could be doing much better there than live and we simply have no idea, and I firmly believe that will play into renewal chances as well.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ive stuck with this. Its decent. The last 2 episodes were very good. It has clever moments where you feel it could be more but it feels bogged down in generic procedural execution. Not enough flair and style to supplement the interesting storylines.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the past 2 episodes. And part of that is because of how the show built to it. The procedural episodes always had a thread of season long storytelling plus main character development. They also set up an expectation for an episode, so when this wound up being a two-parter, I was shocked. But a lot of the character moments in these 2 hit harder because of how the characters got here. All season there has been a very clear theme on family and close relationships and having those torn away. The concept of debris fits exactly into that. All of the relationships in this show, of the main characters or episode characters, feature broken relationships. The show, on every level, is how to deal with all these scattered remains. Acutely satisfying to me.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Watching tonight's episode and I just had to comment on this terrible wig and beard. It really wasn't needed 😂

Heatster101

Oct 27, 2017
Any news on season 2, I'm really enjoying it so far and the closest we have cone to Fringe since it finished

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Watching tonight's episode and I just had to comment on this terrible wig and beard. It really wasn't needed 😂

It was pretty bad, but I guess they wanted to sell the past scenes.

The debris experiencing humanity like the agents are experiencing the debris is an interesting concept.

Not sure how I feel about George on his own in a van.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
The wig tape is so visible on Hulu lol

Based on the transmissions, seems like the beard was to cover up his chin scar.

Last edited:

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
This episode was okay. Didn't wow me, but some interesting developments that will likely bear fruit as the show goes on. The beard/wig really were horrible though.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Any speculation on those closing moments with the Native American character?

Not much of an idea other than I think the narration was saying this Native American man had pieces of metal that - I think - he was placing in the different directions (north, south, east, and west, I'm assuming) and were probably pieces of Debris.

Not sure what the black wind is that they were referring to (if I'm even remembering this correctly).

Overall, this was an enjoyable episode for me. We kind of normally know where these soldier flashbacks often go in TV shows in general (someone getting killed that the main character really regrets) but they did a good enough job establishing the connection between Bryan and Asalah to make it effective.

I am curious what would've happened had Bryan stayed in that trance for longer - seems like there is some direction communication between him and the Debris, which is cool. Between that, the injections, and the end transmission for this episode and even the prior episode, I'm starting to get extremely interested in Bryan's backstory.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Its a signature at this point that great Sci-fi shows have terribly fake beards and wigs.

Really dug this episode and liked how they made the flashbacks literal. A fun way to explore backstory and push the narrative forward simultaneously.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't take this episode seriously with that hair job. What were they thinking? Wow. Wooooow.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Episode seemed to get the pieces in place for the finale next week.

Brian is now a believer and George has located the critical piece of Debris that Influx is after.

I do expect something big to happen next week that expands the scope of the show.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Here we are a part before the end and I just have more questions than a few episodes ago. What was that
sphere
? I love this series, I really hope they don't cancel it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How many episodes are left in the season? Stopped watching after a few episodes so I could just binge it.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else notice some odd video quality issues with this show on Hulu?

I was watching the Quantum Leap, alternate universe hopping two parter and I notice that there's like horizontal stripes where things are a little bit blurrier than above and below them.

I'd look at a tree that's in focus, and if you look up it it would go high quality, slightly blurrier, high quality again.

It's something I think I've seen in a few episodes now.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Anyone else notice some odd video quality issues with this show on Hulu?

I was watching the Quantum Leap, alternate universe hopping two parter and I notice that there's like horizontal stripes where things are a little bit blurrier than above and below them.

I'd look at a tree that's in focus, and if you look up it it would go high quality, slightly blurrier, high quality again.

It's something I think I've seen in a few episodes now.

Not exactly this but I've noticed some distortion in some scenes where there's a lot of lines (like a shirt with stripes or forehead with wrinkles). I did some research and ended up fixing this by reducing the TV setting for "sharpness" down to 0. It still happens but not as much and it's much less noticeable. Debris is the worst offender as I really haven't noticed this on many other shows in the past few months.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying the ending arc here. It was literally using cases of the week to build the main plot. Interested to see where this ends. If this is a 1 season wonder, then it was worth my time.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been meaning to check this show out. What's the consensus been so far? I'm a bit of a scifi snob but can get into more mindless procedural stuff if the world is interesting and the characters charming, or at least interesting to follow.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Been meaning to check this show out. What's the consensus been so far? I'm a bit of a scifi snob but can get into more mindless procedural stuff if the world is interesting and the characters charming, or at least interesting to follow.

Solid show for the first season (pending the outcome of the finale). Starts out as a fairly standard procedural with some interesting cases of the week but is clearly building up a larger mystery/story in the background. There was a real stand-out 2-episode arc a few weeks back that I think showed the potential of where the show could go.

The characters seem to be hit-or-miss with most people. They're still developing and growing.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's on the bubble. Wait for a renewal before jumping in, otherwise pass. It's middling and if it's a one-and-done an easy skip.