• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
If you're in the US you should be able to access either for free. If you're living in another country, they haven't announced where/when it will air yet.

That's true, I wasn't thinking outside the US. Also, not really sure how network channels work worldwide (if they are available).

SpoonSpatula

Oct 27, 2017
This looks neat - hope it gets at least a few proper seasons.

The main actor (with the mustache) in this looks/sounds so familiar, but I can't place him. What 'scumbag' role is he known for, in a movie or show?

*edit*. Went through his IMDB page (Jonathan Tucker), and no, it wasn't for Westworld, or Justified, or Kingdom or Snowfall. Turns out it was for two even more critically acclaimed works of art, The Ruins (2008) and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003). Time to watch The Ruins again.

Last edited:

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Looks good and I'm in. I'm scared though, NBC always cancels the mysteries I get into (the event, revolution, etc.). I loved fringe though, so they got me

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Almost Human was so good! Yeah that was Fox and I'm still mad about them sabotaging the show too. Playing it out of order and switching times and nights. Karl Urban and Michael Ealy were great n it.
Yeah it was an awesome show. Recently we've been making it a point to watch under-appreciated canceled shows. We went back and watched The Nine, Daybreak and Journeyman last year. They were all a lot of fun and an interesting time capsule. We also enjoyed Kidnapped back when it was on. The latter half of the 2000s was home to a lot of fun cancelled network shows.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I liked fringe early seasons with case of the week and mysterious observers peppered in, checked out when they went full on Observer bad guys/save the world later season.

I will watch it but I do hope it does not end up being some save the world from doom kind of show..
The showrunner for seasons 1-4 was not involved for the final season.

OP
OP
TDLink

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
This looks neat - hope it gets at least a few proper seasons.

The main actor (with the mustache) in this looks/sounds so familiar, but I can't place him. What 'scumbag' role is he known for, in a movie or show?

*edit*. Went through his IMDB page (Jonathan Tucker), and no, it wasn't for Westworld, or Justified, or Kingdom or Snowfall. Turns out it was for two even more critically acclaimed works of art, The Ruins (2008) and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003). Time to watch The Ruins again.
Oh right he was the dude in Justified that keeps wanting to duel Raylan

desu

Oct 27, 2017
This is the annual nbc sci fi show that gets cancelled after one or two seasons. Shocked manifest is coming back for round 3

Trail of bodies
The event
Surface
Journeyman
Revolution

What others....hmmm
You definitely know how to ruin a Sunday morning! Love those shows and their cancelations are one of the main reason I stopped watching new stuff back then as I was just getting sick of new awesome shows ending on cliff hangers just to never get renewed for a second (or more) seasons).

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
OP as a Fringe and Lost fan you had me at artifacts with unique properties each week. I am a sucker for that formula.

BUT we should probably start getting the domain for savedebris.com ready.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Is Fringe still worth watching now? Is it on any streaming service?
Not sure what service it's on but it's definitely worth watching. The first season is rough and it starts getting great in season 2, maybe a few episodes into the season. But once it gets great it's a superb show. I followed I want to say an AV Club episode guide that said which season one episodes you can skip without missing the overarching story.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
What made Fringe so great really was the cast - John Noble, Joshua Jackson, Jasika Nicole (Astrid) and Anna Torv were amazing. Hard to say if this has such a stellar cast without watching obviously.

Honestly if this was on Netflix I'd probably give it a go, but on NBC? Feels like a pass for now. Just too many variables to even try to keep up, like season length, delays between episodes, cliffhangers, sudden cancellations, etc.

after Modern Family ended I don't think there is honestly a single show I still watch on network TV.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm on board. Fringe was great, took a while to get going but I feel like TV nowadays, especially on digital platforms dont have to make the same concessions that fringe did the first few seasons before it found the loyal audience that let it do what it wanted to.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Damn what a show that was

Top 5 all time personally.

Yup. This show is criminally underrated. IMO, it evolved from a procedural to a show with strong mythos , and deep metaphors. Characters are incredible too. I remember watching this show with my mom when it first came out... we loved it. Rewatching it on HBO Max right now. It's definitely up there with my Top 5

OP
OP
TDLink

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn what a show that was

Top 5 all time personally.

100%. I love Person of Interest. It honestly feels like the last great "Network Sci-fi procedural". At least until now (hopefully).
Is Fringe still worth watching now? Is it on any streaming service?
Absolutely. It's on IMDB TV for free, but with ads:

www.imdb.com

Fringe (TV Series 2008–2013) - Episode list - IMDb

Fringe (TV Series 2008–2013) - Movies, TV, Celebs, and more...

I'm on board. Fringe was great, took a while to get going but I feel like TV nowadays, especially on digital platforms dont have to make the same concessions that fringe did the first few seasons before it found the loyal audience that let it do what it wanted to.
I mean, it's still a network show so I am betting it will similarly have to take a while to get going, but my fingers are crossed it won't be too too long. This is debuting as a mid-season 13 episode order (due to COVID) rather than something that will have a full 20 episode first season, so that will surely help the pace.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
100%. I love Person of Interest. It honestly feels like the last great "Network Sci-fi procedural". At least until now (hopefully).

Absolutely. It's on IMDB TV for free, but with ads:

www.imdb.com

Fringe (TV Series 2008–2013) - Episode list - IMDb

Fringe (TV Series 2008–2013) - Movies, TV, Celebs, and more...

I mean, it's still a network show so I am betting it will similarly have to take a while to get going, but my fingers are crossed it won't be too too long. This is debuting as a mid-season 13 episode order (due to COVID) rather than something that will have a full 20 episode first season, so that will surely help the pace.
ah for some reason i thought it was just a peacock show. Still tho, network tv isnt exactly what it was when fringe first aired, I have much higher hopes for this.

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
I could only get through about five minutes. That beginning was so generic and done to death I expected it to turn into a car commercial.

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Loved Fringe (just rewatched last year with my daughter) and loved Person of Interest even more. Despite me not really being big on procedurals. It's my Xfiles nostalgia, I guess.

Hopefully we can buy episodes of this someplace, I don't really want an 18th or whatever streaming service, but we haven't had live TV for years and years.

Ashok

Jan 24, 2019
This could be the best network show since Fringe and Person of Interest and Hannibal. Hopefully. I'm in.

Deleted member 86306

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2020
Hmmm... Those first 15 minutes were pretty generic.
I'm less hopeful now. But we'll see. Some shows do need some episodes to get really startet. But the rotten score is now 50%. I was really rooting for this one. Would love a good mystery show again.

OP
OP
TDLink

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... Those first 15 minutes were pretty generic.
I'm less hopeful now. But we'll see. Some shows do need some episodes to get really startet. But the rotten score is now 50%. I was really rooting for this one. Would love a good mystery show again.
I actually think those first 15 minutes were a pretty good showing for a network TV series. It definitely seems a step above your typical Chicago or NCIS whatever.

Given it is a network show, I suspect/expect the first half of the season, plus or minus a few episodes, will probably be towing the network line to bring in as many potential viewers as possible, and then they'll be able to do more of their own thing after that. That's pretty much always how it goes, though I know most people aren't aware of, or care, about that.

Not worried about the RT score at all though given that is based on only 6 reviews at the moment. It's practically meaningless -- 3 people liked it, 3 people didn't.

In other news, the Pilot episode is tonight:

"Two agents, from two different continents, and two different mindsets, must work together to investigate when wreckage from a destroyed alien spacecraft has mysterious effects on humankind."

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks… fun? I stopped watching the trailer in case I ever decide to get Peacock. I like shows like this.

(remember Millenium? Profiler?)

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I watched the full episode.

Good
  • You know from the very first minute what the debris is, so that's not the mystery.
  • The international approach is unexpected and I like it (US agents + UK agents).
  • The team have worked together for several months, so you avoid the initial standard pilot clichés.
  • Production quality is good.
Bad
  • The cast isn't as memorable as say Fringe or the X-Files. At least not in this episode.
  • I won't say there's a lack of energy, but perhaps a bit...muted? Script rather than actors I think.
  • The middle 20 minutes are boring AF. Not good for a pilot at all.
  • Reminds me a lot of B-level sci-fi shows. Dark Skies, 4400, etc.
Bottom line - honestly I don't think it's a top tier show, but it might have the potential to get there.
The average scores it's getting are accurate so far IMO.

I do like the final scene though.

Re-assembling the spacecraft from the debris is a pretty good season/series arc.

Deleted member 86306

Banned
Nov 20, 2020
Having now watched the full episode, I liked it.
The first 15 minutes posted here were actually worse than the rest of the episode.
It's like they hit the brakes and let the characters breathe for a while.
Some nice character moments. It was exremely like Fringe, and I mean EXTREMELY. But that's okay. I hope the ratings are alright...

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, Fringe was such a ride. I live outside US, so hopefully this show finds its way to other stream services. Or is this exclusive to Peacock? If they plan to launch their service outside US, I would assume so, but if not, then maybe..?