• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Reminder the nYPD hates this dude and here he is tearing up because people are devaluing cops.

Dude is going outright Blue Lives Matter at this point.

Fucking useless.

Oct 27, 2017
I saw this earlier and nearly blew a blood vessel. Made an immediate calendar reminder to contribute to people trying to primary him for his last term.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
He looks like he's gonna fucking cry when he talks about cops being denied their humanity.... what a clown

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People can choose their occupation (and moreover to the point of stuff like Black Lives Matter, not only do you have choice over being a cop or not in the first place, if you are a cop, you certainly have a choice of whether or not to actually protect cops who engage in police brutality, to speak up or be silent, that's wholly on those responsible and is something cops can do something about, but extremely few actually do).
You can't choose the color of your skin.

One of these two you're born with and will affect your entire life whether you want it to or not; the other's being a cop.

They're nothing alike, the comparison doesn't make sense and does not work in any way and fuck anyone who tries that nonsense.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
whats funny is that he is doing all this for the cops in the city and they still hate his guts.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Cops are not fucking oppressed and I can't stand this narrative. ACAB isn't systemic. It doesn't kill or disenfranchise and isn't directed at a race of people but at a job willing taken buy people. Being a cop isn't innate or unchangeable and being a cop means being granted enormous influence over the rights and lives of citizens.

What does it mean to "take the humanity away from a police officer"?
Calling them "pigs" I guess which he's trying to equate with a slur along with the generations of focused disenfranchisement, killing, marginalization, rape and inhumanization of black peoples by white supremacy.

Oct 26, 2017
I've come to realize over the last few years how utterly thin-skinned and pathetic cops are. And they truly feel like they're picked on, and we should feel sorry for them. Not gonna happen.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Clearly these two very different things are the exact same.

We're a day away from these assholes trying to rebrand themselves as "Cop-Americans" or "People of Cops" aren't we?

Oct 27, 2017
Cops are not fucking oppressed and I can't stand this narrative. ACAB isn't systemic. It doesn't kill or disenfranchised and isn't directed as a race of people but at a job willing taken buy people. Being a cop isn't innate or unchangeable and being a cop means being granted enormous influence over the rights and lives of citizens.
A cop can stop being a cop at any moment in their life.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Clearly these two very different things are the exact same.

We're a day away from these assholes trying to rebrand themselves as "Cop-Americans" or "People of Cops" aren't we?

"AT the end of the day we all have that blue blood flowing through our veins do we not. We are all Cops!"

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
You know alot of politicians are super bad at understanding people's grievances.

Isn't his wife a well-regarded activist?

Can she take him aside and explain some things to him? Maybe give him some books?

There are ways to make the police feel "valued" without dipping into ACAB. I'm not even sure why he took it there.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Fuck the NYPD. ACAB.

de Blasio was weak with the Eric Garner case. BLM. Justice for George Floyd and too many others.

Jun 10, 2018
Another point in the "All white people are racist" argument since even having a black wife and child won't prevent someone from spouting insensitive shit.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even growing up outside of America the NYPD were infamous.

Fuck DeBlasio. ACAB.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
A cop can stop being a cop at any moment in their life.
Right? LGBTQ+ people can't stop being queer. Hispanic people can't stop being Hispanic. Black people can't stop being black. And none of these marginalized groups are paid to be part of those groups through taxpayer money like cops. It seems obvious but white supremacy can only be propped up through this sort of reality warping rhetoric where you must reduce the entire bloody, inhumane history of bigoted oppression for the sake of trying to equate it with the trivial woes of cops not liking it when you call them pigs.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Funny thing is at least part of why he does this shit is to appease the NYPD crowd but it don't matter because the NYPD will never not hate his ass.

So he not only lets out this stupid garbage-ass take but he doesn't even get anything out of doing so.....which is about on par for de Blasio in general.

Oct 29, 2017
The irony of this coming from DeBlasio, who became mayor off of his son's fears of Stop and Frisk, would be heavy enough to break an elephant's back.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
He's still stuck on "trying to not have the cops revolt" mode.

Whatever he says, he's going to catch heat from either side. No one likes him.

Deleted member 4452

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for a single cop to actively protest the murder. Anytime now. Lip service doesn't apply.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Funny thing is at least part of why he does this shit is to appease the NYPD crowd but it don't matter because the NYPD will never not hate his ass.

So he not only lets out this stupid garbage-ass take but he doesn't even get anything out of doing so.....which is about on par for de Blasio in general.
Yep. Only word for it is cowardice. Too many politicians like himself are leashed by their police force rather than being partnered to/administrating them.

Oct 27, 2017
The police represent a repugnant element of society- the forced acceptance that better things aren't possible, that we cannot have equity in our rights, that we cannot have a fair distribution of resources, that we must all accept how things are because change might cause inconvenience for the rich. ACAB.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
I heavily disagree with the "ACAB because every servant of such a fucked up system must be bad" sentiment and still: lol no, it's not the same as racism. And yes, your (US) police system is fucked up.

cosmod

Feb 24, 2018
White Supremacy = Status Quo
Disrupting the Status Quo = worse than White Supremacy

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One is an obvious choice, especially easy if you're white and uneducated. How dense do you have to be to not realize this?

iguanadolphin

Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Drive-By and Thread Derailment
Do you guys not personally know any cops? Definitely not on ACAB. I see these images of cops and protesters fighting and it just hurts for both sides. We are all human. No doubt there are many asshole cops and things things need to change. They can't get away with things when they commit these hate crimes. But saying ACAB is not right. Fight hate with love, not hate.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Do you guys not personally know any cops? Definitely not on ACAB. I see these images of cops and protesters fighting and it just hurts for both sides. We are all human. No doubt there are many asshole cops and things things need to change. They can't get away with things when they commit these hate crimes. But saying ACAB is not right. Fight hate with love, not hate.
Oh, but they do, in part because of their peer "good" cops' silence or lip service.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

The reason people say "ACAB" is because the silence of the so-called "good" cops enables the rest. When you see cops being found to be white supremacists within PD's, do you think that other cops within those PD's weren't aware of their views? Obviously not every single cop is bad. A great example of that is Stephen Mader. He's exactly the type of cop that we all want to see. Here's a story about him

features.propublica.org

What Happened When A White Cop Decided Not to Shoot a Black Man

A shocking story of police and lethal force. Just not the one you might expect.

I should say that he was the type of cop we all want to see because he was fired when he didn't shoot a black man that he could tell was suicidal. Other cops eventually arrived on the scene and killed the man. He had a gun on him, but upon checking it they discovered that it wasn't even loaded.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Until it's cops doing the work and being on the frontline of these fights for police reform, ACAB will remain appropriate. Knowing cops has nothing to do with it. Just because I have a friend or family member in the force doesn't free them from participating or being complicit to the system they chose to work in. As citizens we do not have the same access & leverage actual cops have in restructuring and changing the system they work in. Yet time and time again we (marginalized people) have to come out first in the deafening silence from police in the wake of this sort of police brutality. This incident with Floyd along with Brianna Taylor & Ahmaud Albert is the third major incident this year where the priority of the justice system and law enforcement was to free officers from accountability. We saw in the case of Floyd multiple other officers sitting and watching while their partner killed someone. We have the information about how this cop remained on the force despite repeated incidents of acting in a way that was unbecoming of an officer. His fellow officers should have been campaigning from his removal long ago and across the country there are cops who remain in power because their colleagues say and do nothing in the face of department corruption. Until that changes, ACAB remains a valid response to the institution of law enforcement and the individuals employed within refusing to take the initiative and responsibility of reforming itself in a way that resists and punishes corruption and bigotry before the citizens they're paid to protect are victimized.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies for my ignorance here, but ACAB stands for All Cops Are Bad, right? If so, when did it start being used so commonly as its acronym form? Trying to stay caught up on everything.

Oct 27, 2017
I know quite a few. Most are on the spectrum of 'we're at war and the only thing saving you from evil is us'. There are a few that are like this is just a job that look the other way so their families stay safe. Law enforcement in the US is a cudgel used to keep things the way they are.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yes and if you become a cop you are no longer my friend or a family member I will associate with. Fuck The police, nothing but a government sanctioned street gang.

And part of the Second amendment if you read it properly is not just ending tyranny but self policing, because groups like the cops just become organized street tyrants.

All cops are bad, yes all, because a good cop wouldn't stay silent and we all know what happens to police who actually do speak up, and they are all either no longer cops if they are lucky or dead.