• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Folks tend to cling to those out of nostalgia, and tradition but they are pretty boring and garbage. Not as bad as what Hal or Barry has going on at a given moment but close to them. The woman tends to lose agency and revolve around her partner, and that is never fun. But we have had better, some of them doomed but they shined bright no matter how brief.

1. Ryan Choi and Giganta, proving size doesn't matter
8730ccd6443c6509626f40ad296e8703.jpg

2. She Hulk and Jadzina, it's easy being green when you have a partner in lime
123shh_com_inl_05.jpg

3. Hawkeye and Moonstone, the carny and the counselor
hawkeye-moonstone-1.jpg

4. Phyla and Moondragon, Captain Marvel chasing the dragon
latest

5. Guy gardner and Ice, the warrior of fire and the fairy ice queen
hJKntc5.jpg

Dalek, psychbat , and CoolestSpot am I right or am I right?

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a die-hard Superman fan and even I wouldn't argue that Lois & Clark are the best or most interesting couple in comics.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Bruce/Selina is the worst one there

I'll admit, my main exposure to Bruce/Selina is Returns and the animated versions, and is mainly what I'm thinking of. I've never been much of a Catwoman fan, so I tend to not bother with comics with her in it. Cooke's run is supposed to be good, but I haven't bothered.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Comics won't argue, but Pete&MJ were badass power couple in the PS4 game and that should be the standard going forward in all media with MJ being an active participant in Spidey's antics.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Phyla and Moondragon is my favorite pair out of those five. I'd also mention Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Rememebr when Dinah dumped Ollie so she could take The Ray's virginity?
Nobody's perfect, and you said more interesting. Here's some others I dig (been out of the comics game for a while so I'm sure some terrible things have happened) assuming romantic long term relationships only.

Aforementioned Ollie and Dinah

Luke Cage and Jessica Jones

Medusa and Black Bolt: king and queen, she's his voice when he doesn't want to blow things up. Shows an enormous amount of trust between the two and creates an interesting dynamic when they disagree.

Sadly, this relationship has been bogged down by horrible writing during the 2000s. Remember the Green Arrow/Black Canary comic line everyone?

Man that sucks. I really liked those two.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, this relationship has been bogged down by horrible writing during the 2000s. Remember the Green Arrow/Black Canary comic line everyone?
Remember when hal brought back Ollie without a soul, leading him to being a living gateway to hell? Hal when doing something nice still is an asshole

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Gamora and Richard Rider. One is a paladin, the other is the deadliest woman in the galaxy, they shouldn't love each other but here they are.
Black Cat and Spider-Man: awkward nerd vs femme fatale but Peter is the one who has an easier time moving on.
Jessica Jones and Luke Cage: the most believable couple in the Marvel universe. They each have their own adventures but happily go home to each other and their daughter every night. I would headbutt the moron at Marvel who would dare to One More Day their couple.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I think they work fine on paper, but writers just don't seem to know how to write them as equals.

Here's my entry:

5ed18092ff6ab9a3cd5953c3e75631dc.jpg

Scandal Savage and Knockout.

I want to put Kamala and Bruno, but Civil War II happened. :/

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
At least spell Selina's name right. :P