• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Every day with this dude. That statement about the debate is pathetic, childish, and unbecoming of a toddler.

And everyone knows it.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
What a fucking coward! And what an unprofessional statement for the campaign manager too!

Though good to see Biden opting for a town hall instead. At the very least the man baby won't be interrupting.

TheRagnCajun

Oct 29, 2017
Trump is screwing up big time here. Poor messaging after being infected by covid and now no debate. There is no way he is scoring points for ducking this debate.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Trump's in a no-win situation vis-a-vis debates. He either shows up and gets owned again or he ducks out and retains some semblance of control over the narrative. Skipping it will hurt him, no doubt, but probably not as much as showing up would. Especially if he's not in the condition to stand and speak coherently for 90 uninterrupted minutes.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be shocked if Trump walks this back at some point between now and the 15th, but it's a bad look right now. You refuse to participate at all and your opponent gets time to chat directly to voters... brilliant play.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda wish Trump had done the town hall, would have loved to seen him get owned by average Americans.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Lmao, I knew this shit was going to happen. If he can't interrupt or talk over his opponent and ignore the rules, he won't participate. Dude's patient zero and still wants that format.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda wish Trump had done the town hall, would have loved to seen him get owned by average Americans.

In an alternate universe Trump is healthy, shows up to the debate, and flips out on an average voter for asking a question he doesn't like. I was really looking forward to it.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Trump is screwing up big time here. Poor messaging after being infected by covid and now no debate. There is no way he is scoring points for ducking this debate.
This is a bad look, but maybe going on live television and dying from coronavirus might be a worse look for the campaign?

He's almost certainly ducking out because he can't physically cut it.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is going to stage some kind of counter programing, right? It's ludicrous to give free advertising in prime time to Biden.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In an alternate universe Trump is healthy, shows up to the debate, and flips out on an average voter for asking a question he doesn't like. I was really looking forward to it.
No lie, I would have liked to see that.

Both are bad moves from his eroding campaign. I guess the question is, which choice fucks up his campaign harder?

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden

edited because I did not know enough about Pete Buttigieg. He has a clear, documented history of racism. I do not support him in any capacity.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be shocked if Trump walks this back at some point between now and the 15th, but it's a bad look right now. You refuse to participate at all and your opponent gets time to chat directly to voters... brilliant play.
He'll walk it back, but with Biden now doing a town hall with ABC on the 15th, it's too late.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
This is a bad look, but maybe going on live television and dying from coronavirus might be a worse look for the campaign?

Yup. That said considering the Hail Mary's they are trying to lob now, and his own extreme narcissism that won't let anyone else get shine...I feel like he's gonna overule cooler heads (are there any cooler heads that are healthy? lol) and might still try to pull some shit in the next day or two if possible even tho it's clearly the best option for his campaign.

At this point it's just how quickly he wants to bleed.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Brilliant fuck you move by the Biden campaign, Trump completely blew it again. I will not be surprised if the debate on 10/22 never happens and they each do their own events instead.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Jesus.

So what is Buttigieg's official position in regards to the campaign? Have there been any announcements on what he will be doing in the Biden-Harris presidency?

I had my issues with him and still do, but he's fast, smart, confident and pretty fucking great.

I don't believe he has an official position, but he assisted and was the stand in for Mike Pence during the VP debate prep.

TheRagnCajun

Oct 29, 2017

Perhaps but he's already planning campaign events again. Apparently that's not the concern - unless he backs out of those too.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.

Now this right here is what I'm fucking talking about. Giving Biden an unopposed town hall in Pennsylvania is such a great thing right now.

President Trump out here dodging debates like they're the Vietnam War.

Hey now. That's unfair. He has debate spurs.

For some light-hearted nostalgia

I still use the word "strategery" on a daily basis.

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm calling it now. Trump's rally is going to be some bullshit prerecorded thing with plenty of cuts and editing to hide the fact that he can't speak for longer than 2 minutes without having a coughing fit.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I'm calling it now. Trump's rally is going to be some bullshit prerecorded thing with plenty of cuts and editing to hide the fact that he can't speak for longer than 2 minutes without having a coughing fit.

Agreed, it's going to be a 'show' and not the normal high off various non-medicinal substances rant fests of old.

I imagine it being something like the one he had on the WH lawn, hell it will probably be on the WH lawn since he probably can't risk traveling too far, and as far as content is concerned some of that GOP Convention Razzle Dazzle with him giving a 5 minute rant at the end. Maybe Scott Baio will perform!

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, at this point, if I were Biden, at absolute most I would only agree to one more debate, fully remote, and a strict one speaks at a time format. After the shitstorm and blatant disregard for any debate protocol in both his debate with Trump and by Pence with Harris, I would not concede to any more of their childish demands, or allow them to create another travesty of an event.

Biden has fully got the moral high ground given this poor behavior, and the risk surrounding Trump freaking endless COVID hazard absolutely swarming through his body and the entire the White House, and all who are forced to be around him right now, and nothing is lost if this whole thing just doesn't happen anymore.

Trump is not going to coherently debate anything, let him act indignant and throw a twitter tantrum about it, throw another COVID rally, while Biden does a legit Town Hall where he can truly get his own message out, and lets just get to the votes.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is for the best. We don't need anymore debates and trump continues to look like a clown running away

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Say what you want about Biden, but his campaign has been pretty on-point with messaging, strategy, and outreach. Doing pretty much all the right things. Kudos to the campaign managers and high-level staff.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine a timeline where Trump comes clean, admits he was an asshat, admits he is really sick, and concedes and goes back to the hospital

Cause I realize that this is the one where he will do exactly none of these things and die due to his own hubris

It's funny as hell

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Jesus.

So what is Buttigieg's official position in regards to the campaign? Have there been any announcements on what he will be doing in the Biden-Harris presidency?

I had my issues with him and still do, but he's fast, smart, confident and pretty fucking great.
He's very good at speaking directly and clearly. Hearing that Sanders is/was a hero of his, it's disappointing that he became such a sellout.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine a timeline where Trump comes clean, admits he was an asshat, admits he is really sick, and concedes and goes back to the hospital

Cause I realize that this is the one where he will do exactly none of these things and die due to his own hubris

It's funny as hell
The universe keeps giving him free throws and he consistently shits on the court instead.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to think that Trump believes doubling down on his fanatical base is actually going to double their votes.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Say what you want about Biden, but his campaign has been pretty on-point with messaging, strategy, and outreach. Doing pretty much all the right things. Kudos to the campaign managers and high-level staff.

Its extremely helpful that Trump is doing a better job of campaigning for Biden than his own staffers. Hes shooting himself in the foot while he gives the Biden camp surplus ammo to shoot him in the other foot.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The easiest fucking messaging in the world has begun.

zNP85pW.gif