• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Happinet announces TGS 2020 Online lineup [Update 4: official comment]

Original 09/14/20 at 8:33 a.m.: Happinet has announced its lineup for Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online, which will run from September 23 to 27. Happinet’s lineup will include trailers, discussions…

Happinet happened to have leaked their full TGS line-up, including secret announcements:

- Gal Gun Returns (Inti Creates) (it's banned here so shh!)
- Psikyo Collection (City Connection)
- Deathsmiles (City Connection)
- Jump King (Pikii)

We knew CC were porting Deathsmiles 1 and 2 from Cave... exactly a year ago, so it's great to get news about I assume to just be the first one finally.

My guess the Psikyo Collection is the JP release of the Switch collections NISA gave us, but could it be a 12-in-one pack? Woah if so.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
All I really know about this one beyond its genre is that infamous tagline.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My guess the Psikyo Collection is the JP release of the Switch collections NISA gave us, but could it be a 12-in-one pack? Woah if so.

They already released those though: https://psikyo-portal.com/shootinglibrary.html

Px92kV6.jpg

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Would love a CAVE complete collection, their whole catalogue needs to be on current/next gen consoles.

If not, i will take an Ibara Kuro black label port.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I mean Deathsmiles is on Steam so I don't care.

I just want more Steam ports of Cave games already. Or better yet, more Cave shmups.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I hope Dispatch gets their stuff together, being the City Connection western distributor :/

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I mean Deathsmiles is on Steam so I don't care.

I just want more Steam ports of Cave games already. Or better yet, more Cave shmups.
I'd love to get the stuff locked to my 360 and Japanese PS2 on modern consoles. That plus Progear would be great, because I'm not buying that big, ugly arcade stick from Capcom to play Progear.

Jamesbuc

Dec 29, 2018
Hopefully the port leans more towards the Steam/Xbox360 EU release and less towards the botched and badly advertised USA xbox version.

By botched - The USA version removed some of the intentional slowdown the game provides at times when things get a little too inhuman to handle which in turn made the USA edition a little too difficult even for pros of Cave shmups.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Aint that the truth... still waiting for Radirgy Swag.
They clearly bit far more than they could chew with their collectors editions. Just cut that shit and just localize and do normal retail releases like you used to with Soldam and Penguin Wars on Switch. Hell, same goes for non-Switch ports. Why? They seem to always have trouble with ports. Pretty sure the PS4 and XBO ports of Soldam at least are still long delayed and was announced two years ago? Just localize the existing Switch versions and move on. They just seem to not be good at anything that isn't a localization job.

Get your shit together, keep a nice steady stream of releases of what you have, and then wait until you can do more to do more.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
They clearly bit far more than they could chew with their collectors editions. Just cut that shit and just localize and do normal retail releases like you used to with Soldam and Penguin Wars on Switch. Hell, same goes for non-Switch ports. Why? They seem to always have trouble with ports. Pretty sure the PS4 and XBO ports of Soldam at least are still long delayed and was announced two years ago? Just localize the existing Switch versions and move on. They just seem to not be good at anything that isn't a localization job.

Get your shit together, keep a nice steady stream of releases of what you have, and then wait until you can do more to do more.

It's been hard because I really want to support a new, tiny publisher that's localizing some really niche Japanese stuff. I ordered Penguin Wars and even Psyvariar from them directly, before they were pre-orderable at other places (already got Soldam previously from a retail store). They took a bit, but I eventually got them. I also pre-ordered the Radirgy Swag and Game Paradise LEs, being exclusive, and yeah... been a long wait. Lots of silence on Twitter, which is never an excuse with publishers, even if they have nothing to say, reassurance is good. It's pretty similar to Sekai with their Kickstarters >_>

I'm extremely patient for it, but it doesn't bode well for new stuff they might be getting in, and I agree that the LEs, even pre-COVID, has probably been giving them logistic issues :/