• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Arkane doesn't make bad games people. :) How many do they have to release before people get that? Great get for Microsoft in the long term, but congrats to Sony for locking it in for the short term.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I read the Gamespot review.
It sounds like a GOAT tier game for them.
The "bad" section at the bottom review summary is a single bullet point with nothing listed lol.

How have I gone from ehhhh to OMG CANT WAIT in such a short time?!?!

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
Hell yeah. I was 99% going to wait for Game Pass next year despite loving all of Arkane's output, but I'm going to have to pull the trigger and pick this up now.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
Very very happy to see it's reviewing well .... Arkane does not disappoint. I hope they patch in a quick save anywhere though!!

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
Hey nice one, FarSight XR-20 you posted my gif at the end there! Sweet.

OT, I was originally skeptical about this, but probably because I really wanted another Dishonored. Arkane should be proud of themselves. I will probably make this the first game I play on my new PC (when I finish building it).

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
Alright I've ordered! I loved Dishonered 1 and 2 and I didn't want to doubt this game, but ERA posters had me doubting. Even the ones calling Dishonered an FPS game!

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of weird to see people surprised. Arkane is no slouch. It always seemed a good distillation of what they are best at.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: Trolling
Yeah I'm not touching this unless it gets 90+ OC/MC.

I have no time for mediocrity these days.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Well I preordered to take advantage of that PS Plus digital discount, for $54, I can take a flyer on it.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely think they have shot themselves in the foot with the marketing because every time footage has appeared in the Sony keynotes it has put me off. They went on for so long and never really showcased the selling points or made me want to get it. Now thanks to these reviews I actually want to play it.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
It's a cliché, but the truth is immersive sims have always been really difficult to market, because it's nigh impossible to convey what's so interesting about them in trailers. Most of them don't get good until you actually sit down to play them.
I was on the fence but the recent trailer clip of shooting the vending machine to trip up the charging enemy was the selling point. Like okay, this is still definitely an immersive sim through and through

TornadoDDT

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 25, 2021
Sorry if this has been asked already, but I know Microsoft wanted to "honor" the exclusivity Bethesda had with Sony for this game. Is it a permanent console exclusive, or have they said anything about releasing this on Xbox in the future?