• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Understandable. But they really should go radio silent.
The gameplay loop for this game has been discussed to death. I fear anymore previews will spoil it.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Because I still have yet to get info on what kind of game this actually is other than it has guns and something about loops, I can't be disappointed. Let it cook I guess, but probably tell us what it is at this point too because all these trailers did not give any real details despite this thing popping up every event.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually really glad that RE8 isn't being delayed. At this point it seens the only game that won't suffer from it.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Good for them. Rather delay and polish the game. That said, the next few months are packed so not gonna be starved for options so it's okay.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Quite the delay but as long as it comes out good and the team is fine then cool

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Absolutely 100% fine with the delay.

Though I guess this means we're going to be getting yet another trailer for the game during E3. I think it'll be at least the 4th or 5th we'll have seen by that point.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Understandable, but this particular case is getting beyond absurd: don't announce dates you can't stick to.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
Glad MS is doing this right instead of rushing it out because it's on PS.
You don't really think they'd hamstring a brand new, very hyped Arkane/Bethesda IP intentionally just because it will be first on PS as a timed exclusive, right? I think the game will do very, very well on Xbox / GP once the exclusivity period ends. It looks very promising and I'm sure they don't want to sully the reputation.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Absolutely 100% fine with the delay.

Though I guess this means we're going to be getting yet another trailer for the game during E3. I think it'll be at least the 4th or 5th we'll have seen by that point.

Hopefully they'll just give us a single gameplay sequence of 2 players fighting each other.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprising. I was going to pull the trigger on pre-ordering this a month ago but decided to wait until closer to release for just this reason.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Less than 24 hours after I pre-ordered it; spectacular timing. Seems to be a wise move with several big games launching over the next month or two.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
It sucks and kinda surprising how it seems to be so last minute, but if it means more polish and a release date away from RE8 then it's for the best. Also, maybe more time for people to try and get a PS5.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
A bummer, but I guess we see lots more of these delays. Unfortunate, but I fully believe safety and health of the employees is more important and as we all know a delayed game can be good, a rushed game is bad forever.

Oct 30, 2017
Very excepted with the stupid Covid-19 new waves and high numbers.

Well, At less September is a better release date for me as May is busy as hell, now I can have more focused time with Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

looprider

Oct 27, 2017
Good. Delay the game all you need. I'm sick and tired of games being broken at launch then waiting weeks for a patch to fix it.

See Cyberpunk, Outriders.

I'd rather they delay the game a few months and deliver a solid product rather than a game held together with duck tape and a prayer and long winded reddit posts on how we're listening and working on a fix.

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, good for the game. Im sure since the acquisition they've got some room to breathe and focus on polishing the game without worrying about the cost.

Aug 14, 2020
Is what it is. I can wait.

May was looking a bit full anyway; RE: Village, Returnal (if it turns out well, we'll see), Mass Effect, Shin Megami Tensei. And that's before Intergrade and Ratchet release in the first half of June...

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised it's still 2021 tbh. Excited whenever it comes around!

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Definitely the worst year for gaming since a really long time.

now its only Returnal which i am interested in...
Ya it's been a rough first half for sure. Only got hit man 3 which I wasn't to excited for but did end up really enjoying them a DLC for Isaac. The rest has been super quite specifically the AAA front. Makes sense on why but it's still a bummer compared to the last like 4 years where the first half was where bangers launched!

Anyway looks like this year is going to start popping off here a bit so I'm pretty excited. Take all the delays you need for this game.

Just please no more appearances at game conferences 😂

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Good, let it bake. I'm sure the development team would prefer to have it release more polished than broken.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
So basically it would be a miracle if God of War launches by December 2021
I think this was optimistic even before the pandemic. Before the pandemic I could have seen God of War delayed to February/March 2022, but now I'm thinking late 2022.

Ibthink there plan may be Horizon in March 2022 and God of War late 2022.

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
I will straight up pay for your copy of God of War if it hits this year
lol thats an easy bet at this point.

I think this was optimistic even before the pandemic. Before the pandemic I could have seen God of War delayed to February/March 2022, but now I'm thinking late 2022.

Ibthink there plan may be Horizon in March 2022 and God of War late 2022.
Interesting because they said holiday 2021. I thought they'd at least been a year into development. But I agree late 2022 seems more reasonable

At this point I will be amazed if horizon makes it for 2021.
Yeah. This one as well. They didn't give a date so fingers crossed for Christmas holiday 2021