• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best developer in the industry

Will have to buy a PC to play since Sony is garbage with the timed exclusivity
It reads like it's not timed on their blog

• From Arkane Studios: "With stunning and stylish environments, memorable combat encounters, and the freedom to tackle each mission at any pace and with any approach you choose, this is Arkane like you've never seen (or felt) it before, built with next-gen in mind. Deathloop is being developed for a new generation of hardware and will launch on console exclusively for PlayStation 5."
And in another article
Deathloop is being developed for a new generation of hardware and will launch on console exclusively for PlayStation 5.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
As long as MP is optional (or at least mostly optional) I'm in for day one. Looks great and I absolutely love the aesthetic.

iHeartGameDev

Feb 22, 2019
Next to Solar Ashe Kingdom, this was the most stylish trailer of the show. Nearly sold me on the game. Might have, actually!

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Looked absolutely sick. As a huge fan of the Dishonored series, this is a must-buy.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Love all the Arkane love in here. My favorite dev in the industry ❤️

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Not sure how to feel about this game. I never really buy Arkane games at launch. Usually wait for a sale. I finally have a nasty gaming rig though and theoretically could play that game to the umpteenth degree. But I don't like playing third party games on pc. prefer on xbox on couch

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
It sucks that it's a PS5 console exclusive, not only that XBSX owners skip out on it also that this will most likely set a precedence that we don't want.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Looks like all the best of Dishonored without the awful aesthetic and enemy design of Prey.

I'm all-in.

Wiseblood

Oct 28, 2017
Bummer that it seems like they recast Dave Fennoy who was the voice of Colt in the original trailer.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
It sucks that it's a PS5 console exclusive, not only that XBSX owners skip out on it also that this will most likely set a precedence that we don't want.

I mean this happened last-gen as well so it's not exactly a new thing, unfortunately.

Having said that, Arkane's games are critically very well-received but (criminally) often haven't set the charts on fire. I imagine Sony made Bethesda a very tempting offer - and if it helps keep the lights on at easily one of the best developers working today, fair enough.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
I mean this happened last-gen as well so it's not exactly a new thing, unfortunately.

Having said that, Arkane's games are critically very well-received but (criminally) often haven't set the charts on fire. I imagine Sony made Bethesda a very tempting offer - and if it helps keep the lights on at easily one of the best developers working today, fair enough.

Yes, but good luck communicating that too others, gamers (I hate the word) aren't known to be very understanding.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Yes, but good luck communicating that too others, gamers (I hate the word) aren't known to be very understanding.

Yeah - I think people chuck the term "moneyhat" around a lot, but particularly in an age of expanding game budgets, I can absolutely understand that there's sometimes a difference between taking some sort of exclusivity deal (be that on a console or say, Epic Game Store) and the game not getting developed or being a much greater financial risk.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
You can always count on Arkane to make a fun gameplay. After dishonored and Prey this's gonna be yet another great games from them.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely the most interesting game shown. Happy to finally see proper gameplay and to learn how it works.

Shit sounds like Majora's Mask meets Dishonoured. I'm into it.

Art direction also looks top notch.

excowboy

Oct 29, 2017
Looks great, can't wait. Everything they've done has been right in my wheelhouse and this looks like something wonderful and new.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
This is the only thing I was moderately excited for from the show. The styling is amazing.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
The game is definitely inspired and unique but I just can't get behind how silly it all looks. I guess its not for me.

Hope it sells well, Arkane really deserve it.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
The reveal trailer last year already had an exploitation vibe, good to know the game itself fully leans into it. Def best thing with gameplay that was shown.
the change in artstyle reminds me of another game where they change from cartoony (overstrike) to realistic (fuse) artstyle but this is the reverse of it
The original trailer already hinted that the game would have an exploitation style, this one is just more explicit about it.
Bummer that it seems like they recast Dave Fennoy who was the voice of Colt in the original trailer.
Yeah, sucks but it happens sometimes. I think they recast Juliana, too.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The timed exclusivity is super trash, & I say that as someone who was getting this on PS5 regardless.

Alas, it looks dope as fuck.

Jan 11, 2018
Man, Arkane has fucking STYLE. I wonder if this game will have the strong sense of level design and world building they are known for.