• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SavoyPrime

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina USA
I love Arkane, but this might end up being the first game from them that I won't purchase in a long while. Loved Dishonored 1 and 2, and enjoyed Prey and Death of the Outsider. Deathloop sounds like it will probably be multiplayer and go against what made me become a fan of the dev.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
WOOTY

Not sure why anyone is convinced it's multiplayer.

This is so obviously Arkane taking a more ambitious shot at their dual protagonist gimmick by pitting the two against one another in story and gameplay.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
This looks freaking great.

Of all the games shown at E3 so far this one and Elden Ring are the two I'm most excited for.

Both primarily due to LOVING the imagery in their respective trailers and the reputation of their developers.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
We essentially know nothing about the game. Why would anyone be Day 1 hyped? I don't understand.
I'll give you three different reasons to trust Arkane with a first person game with meticulously crafted levels, lots of player agency, and crazy flexible tools in open sandbox levels with minimal handholding and linearity:

4f5v2Xr.gif

YTumIfF.gif

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Good to see more black characters, don't need another FPS with a bald white guy.
Still wish we got gameplay though, not a big fan of CGI reveals.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Wish they would have shown some more, but I'm optimistic about whatever Arkane does. They've only ever made cool games so I don't see why they would stop now.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Is CGI a comeback trend or are they accustoming us to see such graphics so we won't get shocked when next-gen games will look as good as those CGIs? /s

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's single player, I hope it's real-world and not got a lot of mystical stuff (the magic in Dishonored wasn't my thing), and I hope it's basically a riff on Branded to Kill cause it seems like it's about 50% there

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Explore stunning environments and meticulously designed levels in an immersive gameplay experience that lets you approach every situation any way you like.

giphy.gif

Oxyrain

Oct 25, 2017
If it happens to be single player, I wonder how they can incorporate the loop stuff to differentiate the gameplay loop from "failing and restarting" a typical game level.

I guess that at a basic level, the antagonist could use some sort of learning mechanism. If there are so many timed things going on in the world, your character has a larger interaction window if they have seen things happen multiple times, or they could possible set up Rube-Goldberg like chain reactions and traps.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be neat to see how this plays out.

Honestly, given the emphasis on character motivation in the trailer, it seems like it might be single-player with two distinct campaigns, one for each character. Wouldn't surprise me to see a multiplayer mode, but I bet the game overall is single player.

Oct 2, 2018
this whole idea of die and die again is great and all, but that's just basically any video game. (a rogue like is basically that more or less)

so

I hope they implement it well so its not... just whatever it is.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Game looks fantastic, love seeing the game director being black and the two main characters as well.

Diversity in game studios is what we need and is only further proved by how ghostwire is directed by a women and how great that looks

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
They didn't mention online at all so, if it was a key component of the game it would have been talked about in some capacity.

Seems to be our standard Arkane affair which I'm more than glad to have.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
No gameplay is a shame, but I trust Arkane to deliver something awesome. They're one of the few devs who I implicitly trust.

It also features two black leads, which is super commendable.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Only interesting thing at BE3 other than Doom Eternal imo. Very much interested in the game from the premise alone.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm down for Arkane games, I just hope this game isn't like playing Dark Souls with 24/7 phantom invasions.

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
This trailer tells me almost nothing. I'm interested though because it's Arkane (assuming it's not a multi player only title).

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
I think the innovation probably is a unique perspective in story telling, player death initiates a different protagonist and alters story, ending, and the way some levels play out.

The description of the trailer on YouTube offers more insight:

"DEATHLOOP" transports players to the lawless island of Blackreef in an eternal struggle between two extraordinary assassins. Explore stunning environments and meticulously designed levels in an immersive gameplay experience that lets you approach every situation any way you like. Hunt down targets all over the island in an effort to put an end to the cycle once and for all, and remember, if at first you don't succeed… die, die again.

marmalade

Nov 28, 2018
I think the innovation probably is a unique perspective in story telling, player death initiates a different protagonist and alters story, ending, and the way some levels play out.

The description of the trailer on YouTube offers more insight:
This sounds like what Ken Levine is trying to do?

Oct 27, 2017
What if this is basically an Arkane singleplayer game with a random person controlling the other assassin? Using their idea from The Crossing.

Oct 25, 2017
We essentially know nothing about the game. Why would anyone be Day 1 hyped? I don't understand.
The trailer looks great and clues you more into the gameplay than you realize and team's resume.
I'll give you three different reasons to trust Arkane with a first person game with meticulously crafted levels, lots of player agency, and crazy flexible tools in open sandbox levels with minimal handholding and linearity:

4f5v2Xr.gif

YTumIfF.gif
Fuck yeah.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Liked the trailer a lot and it's Arkane so I'm interested no matter what. Just wish they'd shown some gameplay.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
This looks like a banger, , dishonored 2 is a classic so im down for this also dual protag and they're both black day 0