• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I really, really, really do want this to end up being something memorable and spectacular, as an unchained Kojima game sounds like the best possible way for him and his team to fulfil their vision, but we'll see...

Jun 4, 2018
giphy.gif

Can't believe it's already almost here! Congrats to KJP!

Personally speaking, when it comes to Kojima, it's not just about the game... It's about the reveal, the build up, the misdirection, the intrigue, the hype, the trepidation, the speculation (and all that it entails) and then, finally, the game. The simple fact of the matter is that this game has been worth the $60 price tag from the moment it was unveiled, as far as I'm concerned. Now, it's just a matter of how it all comes together from a narrative and mechanical standpoint. With Kojima's track record - with Kojima Productions' track record as a subsidiary under Konami, I've got no doubt that this is going to be special.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Personally speaking, when it comes to Kojima, it's not just about the game... It's about the reveal, the build up, the misdirection, the intrigue, the hype, the trepidation, the speculation (and all that it entails) and then, finally, the game. The simple fact of the matter is that this game has been worth the $60 price tag from the moment it was unveiled, as far as I'm concerned. Now, it's just a matter of how it all comes together from a narrative and mechanical standpoint. With Kojima's track record - with Kojima Productions' track record as a subsidiary under Konami, I've got no doubt that this is going to be special.
Yeah I fully agree with this. The marketing is part of the fun for his games for me.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking this was going to be delayed but I'm glad I'm wrong. I can't wait to try it

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
I can't wait for more Strand games to come out, when will we get our first Strand racing game?

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This will definitely be a video game. Congratulations to Kojima and his team. Just hope this game is actually good. I'm still not at all confident.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Great news, congrats to the team. Can't wait for it to arrive so I can finally play it take care of my BB.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Congrats, the pace at which this game was made is insane and at the same time seems to be the most unique and interesting AAA title this gen.
Cant wait to play it myself.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Damn remember when everyone thought this was a cross gen game for PS5 and if we were lucky would get it by 2021 lol

Congrats KojiPro!

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Congrats Kojima and team! I'm legit curious about this game, even though I would probably never play it.
You mean...Hideo Kojima Presents: Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding: A Game by Hideo Kojima, story by Hideo Kojima, game design by Hideo Kojima, produced by Hideo Kojima, special thanks to Hideo Kojima & staff is finally gold!?!?

Woohoo!!!
& Knuckles. Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry. series.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Do you have any evidence to suggest it's not a happy working environment?
Perhaps you noticed that I was responding to another post.

I don't wanna derail but the issue of crunch time has been discussed a lot in the last year in multiple other threads. The poster I responded to found it funny to make a sarcastic comment about that.

I don't have evidence that it's not a happy environment nor do I believe or wanted to imply that it's not. That wasn't my point. But imagine if every company released such a photo and everyone was like "look, they are happy, don't listen to all these hyperbolic shit about crunch time and working conditions, it's the perfect job, so jealous of them".

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A bit offtopic but are there any European retailers with the limited edition PS4 Pro with Death Stranding available for preorder?

Last edited:

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Congrats :)

Haven't watched TGS demonstrations and the last time I was so curious for a game must be ages ago.

Jan 2, 2018
I'm still amazed that the game is coming this year. I was always so certain I would see announcement in late 2020.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
this will change the industry as we know it. starting november 8th we will be in the ADS (After Death Stranding) era of gaming.