• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I don't care about release date, I just want to see more of the game [gameplay or not].

Sony has started announcing dates when games are almost done. When we get the date, we won't have to wait long until release.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I can see this not being a trailer or teaser but something interactive. Like an app or website something, where we have to 'create the rope' together. Not sure what they mean by that
While playing you can come across other dead players that were out for deliveries. Can either take their stuff for yourself, use your baby to bring them back from the goo or "rope" them. By roping them, they become a shell of their former self but are able to help you fight in exchange that you finish their deliveries. You also have to be careful about being greedy as you have to carry that shit around. No magic compartment in your ass holding invisible items. There's a balance.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Sweet, hopefully we'll get a release date. I still say 2020 but I hope I'm wrong.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Give me that release date, I don`t need anoter fancy trailer.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Hasn't Koji talked about something like "create the rope" in regards to the game design philosophy of this game versus other stuff hes made.

And I'll take some gameplay but it's not needed show me some weird shit

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I don't think I've ever seen Kojima build anticipation around a trailer release like this for any game, and I think it would be slightly jading if he were to continue doing it for future trailers if their were to be ones. And given we've already had 5 and this is the 6th and think that should be it till we have the release trailer a few days/weeks before it comes out. So given all that I'm hoping this one has the release window, even if it's just "Coming 2020" or "2021", whatever. Just some clarity.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I'm more excited about this than almost anything else. I know Phantom Pain isn't popular around here, but the gameplay and controls are rightly lauded as being basically the best in any third-person videogame, so the idea of grafting that onto some kind of crate-carrying open world adventure is enough to make me giddy.

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
Hasn't Koji talked about something like "create the rope" in regards to the game design philosophy of this game versus other stuff hes made.

And I'll take some gameplay but it's not needed show me some weird shit
Sounds to me like some sort of social, collaborative aspect as other posters have mentioned. "The rope" might refer to support or guidance, like a rope shared by a group of mountaineers or rock-climbers, for example. So creating the rope might mean being that support for other players, offering help and guidance or working together to solve problems

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I found it!

"Most of your tools in action games are sticks," Kojima continued. "You punch or you shoot or you kick. The communication is always through these 'sticks.' In [Death Stranding], I want people to be connected not through sticks, but through what would be the equivalent of ropes… But of course you will be able to use the sticks too."
Nice. Gameplay trailer confirmed

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
cool, i wanna know what this game is, dont even wanna care about the release date yet, unless the gameplay is something fantastic.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Create the rope..

NcBpKnI.gif

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Roy Baker is in on the marketing.

Can't believe he's in two of the most anticipated games of the century

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Well I mean there are ropes everywhere in the DS trailers :P Let's see what it means gameplay-wise.
ropesffk5y.png

Ropes. Strands. Connections.

Must be some connection to other players. Maybe the baby is a connection to another player and when you die your character is taken over by another player and you respawn as another Sam in another dimension, before played by another player.

Roy Baker is in on the marketing.

Can't believe he's in two of the most anticipated games of the century

He might be voicing some samurai in GoT as well, we don't know ;)

And you see the baby carrier in that teaser from Kojima as well (and the handcuffs lighting up), so it probably has something to do with the 'rope creation'.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Must be some connection to other players. Maybe the baby is a connection to another player and when you die your character is taken over by another player and you respawn as another Sam in another dimension, before played by another player.
Well we know Sam is "coming back" when the creatures get/kill (!) him. So thanks to the "rope" he can come back. Let's see how that works.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019

Sounds like ramblings of a madman. Which means it's likely to be true :p

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Well we know Sam is "coming back" when the creatures get/kill (!) him. So thanks to the "rope" he can come back. Let's see how that works.
Based on the thing I posted a few posts back of Kojima talking about creating a rope for gameplay back in 2017, it still sounds like players collaborating like on PT to me

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
For all we know it could all be misdirection and this could indeed end up a Gears clone, nobody knows, but lets not pretend we haven't been shown gameplay showing the game to be about something specific, with plenty of hints at what the gameplay loop will entail between equipment upgrades and traversal mechanics or stealth.

Aki Saito in December: "Oh My God....the game is...is...nothing I thought it was!"

https://twitter.com/akisaitokojipro/status/1072891426982244352

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The trailer will be 45 seconds long and end with an announcement of the E3 live panel.

Or be really long like the last one and Kojima will do a breakdown of it at the E3 panel.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Oh man. Oh man. Oh man.

That has been my theory too however I don't think the baby has anything to do with it. It is confirmed that the baby we have seen in all of the trailers so far is the same baby so I doubt it's anything like the baby becomes another player or something.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds to me like some sort of social, collaborative aspect as other posters have mentioned. "The rope" might refer to support or guidance, like a rope shared by a group of mountaineers or rock-climbers, for example. So creating the rope might mean being that support for other players, offering help and guidance or working together to solve problems

My guess is when you die other players will have to 'pull' you out of the naked purgatory world so you can resume your playthrough of the game. Dead players interacting with the ghostly figures the living players avoid, to help them, and living players bringing dead ones back to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.