• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Final predictions for Death Stranding?

• 95-99 (Same as MGS2)

Votes: 101 6.4%
  • 90-94 (Same as MGS, MGS3, MGS4, MGSV)

Votes: 487 30.7%
  • 85-89 (Same as MGS: PW)

Votes: 512 32.3%
  • 80-84

Votes: 279 17.6%
  • 75-79

Votes: 135 8.5%
  • <75

Votes: 73 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
but the way metacritic currently works is if you click on a publications profile, you'll see all the reviews it has done. i doubt famitsu (and japan in general) give a shit about metacritic so meta employees would have to go through all their reviews and pick and choose what should be added. there's really no reason to make an exception for famitsu here.
not to mention their reviews are pretty bad, and their scores often don't make sense.
Then why open the thread 🤔

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Then why open the thread 🤔
cuz i thought people would find it interesting? it's the first game with a 40 since 2017 after all
that doesn't have anything to do with why logistically (even ignoring their quality, god knows there's a ton of even worse publications cataloged by meta) it doesn't make much sense for meta to add their reviews.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
cuz i thought people would find it interesting? it's the first game with a 40 since 2017 after all
that doesn't have anything to do with why logistically (even ignoring their quality, god knows there's a ton of even worse publications cataloged by meta) it doesn't make much sense for meta to add their reviews.
There are worse publications than Famitsu?
I find that difficult to believe.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Any single player game that someone play for 200 hours mush have something good or satisfying to the gameplay. I cant imagine someone playing non multiplayer game for that many hours without getting something out of it.
I don't buy it that they played for 200h and considering what we know of the game I don't even know what they would do in those 200h, just walk around? Seems useless for a review. And I was under the impression that reviewers got the game 2 weeks ago, they would have to play the game for 13h/day for 2 weeks. Yeah, Don't buy it

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I don't buy it that they played for 200h and considering what we know of the game I don't even know what they would do in those 200h, just walk around? Seems useless for a review. And I was under the impression that reviewers got the game 2 weeks ago, they would have to play the game for 13h/day for 2 weeks. Yeah, Don't buy it

Cool. Did you read it? I did. And they go into detail of what they did in those 200 hours. They took turns making optional deliveries.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
new review added to opencritic

Star News (2/5):
Inventory management, encumbrance limits, ridiculous story, fetch quests galore, and never-ending cutscenes. The absolute inverse of everything I want in a game.

What I liked:
  • gorgeous environments and character models
  • interesting 'cross-world' interaction with other players

What I didn't like:
  • busywork, the game: inventory management, skirting encumbrance, fetch quests…
  • ridiculous story that sets, then ignores, reality's rules
  • start slow, ends slower
  • why are there ads for AMC's 'Ride with Norman Reedus' when you use the toilet?
  • really subtle *MESSAGE* metaphors about *MESSAGE* today's top issues

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
No idea. I also was wondering before what happens if you heavily damage your cargo half-way through objective. If sprays can be found easily this won't be a big deal.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Oooooh, ok that makes much more sense, I was under the impression it repaired both. No cheating at the drop location to get a better score then ^^
So if a container breaks, the cargo is definitely lost ?

If you drop a container down the side of a mountain, it will roll down and potentially destroy the cargo inside it. However, if you're in a timefall storm, and it's eating away at the container, you can repair that damage before it starts to affect the cargo.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
If you drop a container down the side of a mountain, it will roll down and potentially destroy the cargo inside it. However, if you're in a timefall storm, and it's eating away at the container, you can repair that damage before it starts to affect the cargo.
I meant, if a container fully breaks, can I salvage the cargo or is lost for ever?

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
2019 and we're still doing "reviewers must have been paid off" comments?

Famitsu is more like a marketing arm than a genuine journalistic magazine, and their reviews are definitely known to skew higher for companies that they have a working relationship with.

But to also be fair, their perfect score games tend to be really fantastic games. Even the games that are a bit more controversial like FFXIII-2 are not bad games and are usually beloved by the people who really clicked with the game.

Valcon

Oct 28, 2017
Chile
The analyst makes it clear that he spent many hours building a road of more than 300 km, and that fact led him to be the user who has built more structures to date, according to the game's leaderboards

(Sorry for my english)

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
The analyst makes it clear that he spent many hours building a road of more than 300 km, and that fact led him to be the user who has built more structures to date, according to the game's leaderboards

(Sorry for my english)
This makes me think, is the world gonna be reset for launch ? or are there gonna be structures the reviewers made the past couple of weeks when we first connect a point to the chiral network at launch?

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Rain (Timefall) is responsible for returning things to normal, which are apparently not popular.
Yeah I know about the mechanic, but it was also said that the most liked and worked on structures can be maintained to resist timefalls.
So my interrogation is, like tomorrow night I start the game, play the first mission where I need to connect a point to the network. I play the mission alone, but when I connct the point, then if there was a big bridge or road in that place that was built and maintained during the preview period, will it still be here? or will they delete everything for launch so that everyone starts building at the same time?

Valcon

Oct 28, 2017
Chile
Yeah I know about the mechanic, but it was also said that the most liked and worked on structures can be maintained to resist timefalls.
So my interrogation is, like tomorrow night I start the game, play the first mission where I need to connect a point to the network. I play the mission alone, but when I connct the point, then if there was a big bridge or road in that place that was built and maintained during the preview period, will it still be here? or will they delete everything for launch so that everyone starts building at the same time?
Good question. I understand that the patch day 1 will not allow the use of previous saved games. So maybe those structures are lost. But I don't think there is a general reset

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Good question. I understand that the patch day 1 will not allow the use of previous saved games. So maybe those structures are lost. But I don't think there is a general reset
So if previous saves cannot be used with the day one patch I assume the world is reset, since structures are probably tied to the saves of their owners.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The Blade 2 review...
source.gif

I was on the internet long enough (since 1998) to have lived through the reign of terror of: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Knowles
Only an actual sexual predator could wire as he.

And yes. Famitsu is as bad and proven to be corrupt as Knowles. The worst "professional" review outlet I know. Look up their Piece Walker debacle to keep it Kojima related and the actual physical magazine is a mixture between advertisement and toilet paper.

Last edited: