• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Final predictions for Death Stranding?

• 95-99 (Same as MGS2)

Votes: 101 6.4%
  • 90-94 (Same as MGS, MGS3, MGS4, MGSV)

Votes: 487 30.7%
  • 85-89 (Same as MGS: PW)

Votes: 512 32.3%
  • 80-84

Votes: 279 17.6%
  • 75-79

Votes: 135 8.5%
  • <75

Votes: 73 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
god you're insufferable. if you've got something to say about me just fucking say it instead of finding an excuse to whine about me every other post you obsessed cretin. I've never blocked a user on any platform until now. Kindly fuck off.
Z2LJkgZ.gif

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, vehicles are a viable option when you happen to have extensive roads like in this clip. But you often don't. When there are cliffs, mountains, rivers, etc. You're back to walking on a glorified loading screen. Hell, some loading screens give you more entertaining things to do
Then that's even worse. So in many instances with the cliffs and mountains, you don't even have the option to travel faster through the monotony.

I really do think this game would fair much better if the world was inhabited by interesting shit to do and experience beyond your main objectives. It's so barren and beautiful in the barest of ways.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
How are there so many posts indicating this is some sort of disaster, like that it's actively terrible?

Gears5 - 84 - incredible, one of the best of the year. Ms should be proud of one of their best games in a long time.
Outer world- 85 - incredible, one of the best games of the year. Obsidian may have surpassed bathesda.
Death standing - 86 - look at the bad reviews!! Feel sorry for those whose will play this. Kojima was always a fraud.
Yea, this is nuts. I don't know what's causing these kind of reactions. Is it blind Kojima hate or just the usual console war fuckery? 84 is a great score for any game especially a new IP that's trying to be innovative and push boundaries.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
dude, this is NOT ok. why are you insulting him? he's just asking why there's no link to the opencritic page in a review thread. that's a perfectly valid question. jesus.
It's not just that though, it's plenty of other shit in a bunch of different threads but I wouldn't expect you to know. I just snapped and I apologize. I'll add a link to it in the OP right now but it doesn't change the fact that the dude is an insufferable prick. I'm just out here tryna do shit for you all and he's gotta nitpick every fucking detail it's genuinely annoying like get the fuck out of my face???? I really don't care if I get banned or warned for saying this. It'd be my first ever.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
They aren't calling it a review man. The EDGE guy who played the game played for 40 hours and will publish impressions, but not anything called Review or with any score.
I got that the first time you said it, and I just said in the post you quoted I am fine with impressions. I was responding to a different question.
Again, I don't know why it's a problem for Edge to write a preview, I was under the impression Sony was specifically barring reviews. They shouldn't try and block anyone from writing impressions, long as that's specified that's no problem.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
god you're insufferable. if you've got something to say about me just fucking say it instead of finding an excuse to whine about me every other post you obsessed cretin. I've never blocked a user on any platform until now. Kindly fuck off.

Whatever man. I'm not doing any more of these.

olidSK3.png

Jesus man. Walk away from the thread and just relax for a bit.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Some reviews do, some reviews say it can on occasion feel tedious or monotonous, other reviews say they enjoyed it from beginning to end. I don't know if it's confirmation bias or what, but it's like some of you are being intentionally obtuse about the games reception.
Can you link me to one of the reviews that don't ever mention it being monotonous/tedious/repetitive/whatever?

Thanks.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not just that though, it's plenty of other shit in a bunch of different threads but I wouldn't expect you to know. I just snapped and I apologize. I'll add a link to it in the OP right now but it doesn't change the fact that the dude is an insufferable prick. I really don't care if I get banned or warned for saying this. It'd be my first ever.
Just tell him you love hormone-free milk and chicken, it'll just eat away at him.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
its a glorified walking simulator that is absolutely a stunner to look at

All i needed, cannot wait till next weekend.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can you link me to one of the reviews that don't ever mention it being monotonous/tedious/repetitive/whatever?

Thanks.

The very first review (GamingAge) listed on Metacritic has the following review summary quote.

"I was hooked from the first time I saw the title screen until the credits rolled 72 hours later. Death Stranding is immensely satisfying, and everything I could have hoped for and more from Kojima Productions."

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not just that though, it's plenty of other shit in a bunch of different threads but I wouldn't expect you to know. I just snapped and I apologize. I'll add a link to it in the OP right now but it doesn't change the fact that the dude is an insufferable prick. I'm just out here tryna do shit and he's gotta nitpick every fucking detail it's genuinely annoying. I really don't care if I get banned or warned for saying this. It'd be my first ever.
The double down. Bold move.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Alright some posts are getting really bad now. Why do review threads bring out the worst in this forum?

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA

Whatever man. I'm not doing any more of these.

olidSK3.png
I honestly only recall mentioning this dude in this thread to ask about Opencritic and the same like many weeks ago in the Borderlands 3 thread? This is rude tbh

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
I don't know whether to laugh or be disgusted by that Anne Frank post. Jesus fuck some of you need to go outside.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
Kojima retweeting a pepe th frog tweet attempting to frame the ign America review as some weird outlier for others to attack probably deserves its own thread tbh. That shit is gross (not to mention ignores other scores that were closer to the US review from other areas of IGN).

He is retweeting anything with a score in it. Why are you singling out this one?

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Reading several reviews, I'll stick with my decision to pass. Just doesn't seem like my cup of tea at all as someone fatigued on traversing open worlds who doesn't like survival stuff, inventory management, delivery missions etc.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'm not even joking, my sides hurt from laughter right now. Last few pages are the best review shit ever...Anne Frank, full-on rage attacks, BAD's ladder not getting a like from vestan, "nice job bringing people together Kojima"...

Seriously, thanks everyone, this shit is hilarious

I feel like BAD's ladder will get no likes from vestan.

I can't tell you why but this almost has me pissing my pants, pure gold Jerry!

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
This easy allies review summary kind of hits the nail on the head. I don't think there will be wrong opinions on this game but there is far too much emotional investment on it's reception.

Review
" Death Stranding contains aspects that could have been better. It's also easy to cherish your time with it. It's exactly the kind of game that opens your eyes to how nauseatingly safe most games are. Death Stranding shoots for the moon, carelessly tossing away convention in ways others wouldn't dare. The game wants you to be uncomfortable, confused, bored, and to reflect on those feelings, to sit with them for a while. There is a sense of fearlessness here that's hard not to respect and that most aren't given the opportunity to attempt. Death Stranding is an easy, easy game to complain about or even be angry at, but it's also a lot more fascinating than many other, more conservative works. "

Not everybody is going to want that experience and they are not wrong to dislike it at all but it has a right to exist and it's probably a good thing there is freedom to create a game like this.