• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Final predictions for Death Stranding?

• 95-99 (Same as MGS2)

Votes: 101 6.4%
  • 90-94 (Same as MGS, MGS3, MGS4, MGSV)

Votes: 487 30.7%
  • 85-89 (Same as MGS: PW)

Votes: 512 32.3%
  • 80-84

Votes: 279 17.6%
  • 75-79

Votes: 135 8.5%
  • <75

Votes: 73 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
zXHfQ82.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Jeuxvideo.com: 19/20

"Death Stranding is an invitation to travel from which one emerges marked by an experience as clever as it is atypical. The game world, which is enjoyed on its own and, later, with other players, offers a steep terrain with breathtaking views. We face it, we go through it, we tame it, progressing at our own pace, planning roads that others will take. For this audacity and concept, Death Stranding proves that not everything has yet been done. And if, in addition, the story is fascinating and incredibly well played by actors with remarkable presence.... Why deprive yourself of it? A masterpiece, quite simply...."

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Glad that I didn't preorder, but clearly there's a class of people who want to love this and will be able to!

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
"One particularly torturous late-game story mission required me to carry a hefty weight on my back through a visibility-masking snowstorm and over near-vertical stretches of terrain. It took me 51 minutes to complete. Spending close to an hour schlepping heavy cargo through waist-deep snow, up and down mountains, constantly pushing against fierce winds, in a pair of shoes that wear out over time isn't an enjoyable video game mission – it's a lecture your parents used to give you when you complained about having to walk to school."

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine having the power to give 6.9 and then deciding not to, and instead giving it 6.8 smh.

OriginalJonty

Editor at TheSixthAxis
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
"Death Stranding is like nothing I have ever played; beautiful, heart racing, heart breaking, frustrating, epic, stunning, and utterly nuts. I laughed, I cried, I cursed, and I went to the toilet an awful lot. Death Stranding isn't just my Game of the Year, it's a contender for Game of the Generation too."

10/10 from TheSixthAxis

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
Polygon -

It takes about 10 hours for the throat-clearing to wrap up and for Death Stranding's structure and mechanics to fully reveal themselves. And those 10 hours are some of the weakest in the game, thanks to the endless cutscenes and a series of bummer quests that have me lugging packages (and even a corpse!) up steep hills in the rain. I'm never given a great reason for these initial chores; I do them because I'm told I must. It is the epitome of a slog, and it's easy to imagine that many players won't ever make it past this stretch of the game.
But even if you do, here's the thing: The entire game is about lugging packages. That's what you'll be doing whenever you're in control of Sam: bringing a box or boxes from one part of the map to another. Saying it out loud, it sounds like absolute misery.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Review scores seem to be an roller coaster right now. Really interesting scores coming through.