• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Final predictions for Death Stranding?

• 95-99 (Same as MGS2)

Votes: 101 6.4%
  • 90-94 (Same as MGS, MGS3, MGS4, MGSV)

Votes: 487 30.7%
  • 85-89 (Same as MGS: PW)

Votes: 512 32.3%
  • 80-84

Votes: 279 17.6%
  • 75-79

Votes: 135 8.5%
  • <75

Votes: 73 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
6GgFS8Q.gif

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Every inch of Death Stranding teems with meaning or implication. Even the stupidest and most pretentious developments build to create a multi-layered game, one with numerous potential points of attack to analyze. It is a story about fatherhood. It is a broad dig at the gig economy. It is deeply concerned with upcoming environmental disaster and American politics, old and new.

Death Stranding is also about throwing grenades made from your own piss and shit at ghosts. It is about hiking alone in the wilderness for hours. It is a tireless grind. It is a commentary on social media and the internet, delivered through the asynchronous interactions players can have with one another as they play. It is breathtaking in scope, consistently intelligent in design, and beautiful to behold. It is a heaping pile of pretentious nonsense. It is a game in which characters drop overwrought interpretations of Kōbō Abe quotes. Its most recurring visual motif is a not-so-subtle gesture towards Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow. It progresses not with the quiet stroke of a pen but with the pounding crash of a hammer. "I brought you a metaphor," one of the characters says late in the game. It is stupid, and obvious, and perfect.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, here's my review for Gamer.nl. I gave the game a 9.5 out of 10. I'll be posting the entire translation of the review in a few minutes, coupled with some screenshots I took.

The conclusion:
"With Death Stranding, Hideo Kojima touches upon big themes like the afterlife, parenthood, the connections between people and even climate change and the extinction of humanity. The way he brings these themes to life is as magical as it is confusing. The core gameplay – the transportation of packages and trying to keep your balance while doing so – seems contradictorily simple at first. But when it clicks, the concept holds endless satisfaction. Combined with the online elements that are integrated in the campaign, Death Stranding offers one of the most unique virtual experiences ever."

Entire translation coming up, give me a few minutes!

Now that's a well written conclusion.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Everyone that said this game would be divisive were on the money, holy shit