• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Final predictions for Death Stranding?

• 95-99 (Same as MGS2)

Votes: 101 6.4%
  • 90-94 (Same as MGS, MGS3, MGS4, MGSV)

Votes: 487 30.7%
  • 85-89 (Same as MGS: PW)

Votes: 512 32.3%
  • 80-84

Votes: 279 17.6%
  • 75-79

Votes: 135 8.5%
  • <75

Votes: 73 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
giphy.gif
pfft

Call me when Conan O'Brien shows up

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I expect this is going to review very well just because Kojima games do. I also expect that a number of the criticisms pointed out in the reviews are going to be substantially bigger issues for me than they were for the reviewers.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of the overall score, Kojima's just one of those developers where I can't fully rely on reviews. He's impressed the hell outta me, as well as left me feeling disappointed. But the experience always has been--at the very least--an interesting one...

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, going into next-gen I hope Sony announces their games close to release. Death Stranding has been an interesting ride but I have no idea if i could do this again. Also Spider-Man showing up at three E3s straight is honestly dumb.
And we need to know right away if the games are coming to other platforms. I feel like people have dropped some negativity after they announced the PC version, so if the exclusivity thing hadn't happened then the talk here wouldn't have been this digital (hate and love, nothing inbetween).

Anyway, we've had story-focused games before, it shouldn't have to be this big of a deal if the gameplay has some issues. And RDR2 landed at meta 97 with a story focus and gameplay issues. So why are people so worried? It'll do fine. 90-94

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
I hope Kojima nails it. The more great studios are out there experimenting and making great games the better. He will always have my respect because of Snatcher.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
"A silent, faulty feeling
A silent fault
A silent, faulty feeling
A silent fault
I sigh and fall to the ceiling
I sigh and run to the kneeling
Asylums for the feeling "

The Ummah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, staying up now. Geoff is here, what other special guests will stop by this thread? 🤔

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The final score, whether high or not will always be a surprise to everyone so it's fun to wait till the score settles rather than knowing it beforehand.
So somehow Geoff knows exactly what the end MC rating will be? I'm not understanding your position here. It's all guess work, it's all fun.

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
Man I just don't know with this game. I want it to be really good so hoping 90+ but who the hell knows?