• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Final predictions for Death Stranding?

• 95-99 (Same as MGS2)

Votes: 101 6.4%
  • 90-94 (Same as MGS, MGS3, MGS4, MGSV)

Votes: 487 30.7%
  • 85-89 (Same as MGS: PW)

Votes: 512 32.3%
  • 80-84

Votes: 279 17.6%
  • 75-79

Votes: 135 8.5%
  • <75

Votes: 73 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted everyone to know that no matter what happens in this thread, I still love you.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks! I'll let you in on a secret... the baby is photoshopped in, lol.

Like... I had a 2D printed version of it with me at work, and then swapped it in with the original image.

uouWykW.jpg

Oh wow ahahaha. i thought you were holding the BB from the collector eidtion then I remembered those won't be delivered officially until the release date. XD

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
EIQsKw6XsAEw8v5

"...inovate, provoke and bring a very new concept to the industry".

The name of the site is "myPS4", guys

Like, maybe they have some valid criticism in there, but It's like Nintendo Life reviewing a Nintendo game, or the Xbox magazine reviewing a new Halo game ...

I would take it with a huge amount of salt

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

Like, maybe they have some valid criticism in there, but It's like Nintendo Life reviewing a Nintendo game, or the Xbox magazine reviewing a new Halo game ...

ok?

we can't even read it yet, the page isn't live

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017

By that logic, it's good they didn't dock it for anything because that would assuredly spell doom and disaster, right?

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Oh wow ahahaha. i thought you were holding the BB from the collector eidtion then I remembered those won't be delivered officially until the release date. XD
Sadly I had to cancel mine due to limited budget in the next few weeks (and then found out the same day PC version was announced).

It sucks, but for now have settled on the digital deluxe edition via PS Store.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

*Sigh* It's starting already...

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019

Not a PS4 exclusive
So it should be a 0

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling that announcement a couple a days ago will make this thread less venomous than it would have been otherwise.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Sadly I had to cancel mine due to limited budget in the next few weeks (and then found out the same day PC version was announced).

It sucks, but for now have settled on the digital deluxe edition via PS Store.

Tbh, I am still udnecided whether to play this on PS4 or wait to play it on PS5 with updated graphics, then I realize that many things could change meanwhile with online components like players changing the whole landscape afterwards that will look different from day one.
This is really bugging me.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019

A review is a review. If a ps4 player liked the game, probably a lot of ps4 players will like too. That's the point of a review anyway. To help you to buy a product. Also, it's not like there isn't a pattern here. Another magazine gave 9/10 already.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Great OP!

In tangentially related news it is insane looking back that mgs5 got 93 on metacritic.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Did they do something or are they just disliked here?
I would also like to know this. He's arguably the best reviewer in gaming.
The channel in question has a sister channel run by some of the same people that promotes content that opposes the views and concerns of women and minorities in the gaming sphere, as well as other serous issues, while using a lot of alt-right and modern neo nazi imagery and rhetoric. They try to have their cake and eat it too by splitting the channels. This is why they are banned on ResetEra.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018

jxN3

Oct 3, 2018
Watching Kinda Funny's games daily show and Imran apparently woke up in the middle of the night (a day before the review discussion at KF) realizing he doesn't know how he feels about Death Stranding.

We're doomed.

Again.

1:28 mark

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Tbh, I am still udnecided whether to play this on PS4 or wait to play it on PS5 with updated graphics, then I realize that many things could change meanwhile with online components like players changing the whole landscape afterwards that will look different from day one.
Not me. I was in the moment you could pre-order the collector's edition. The main issue is that living in Silicon Valley is incredibly expensive, so often I'm living paycheck to paycheck thanks to unexpected spending, like car repair, trip to doctor, etc.

Totally would have have kept the BB edition, if it wasn't a strain on my upcoming week or two away from work.

Playing it fresh like this will be interesting, as it may never be the same again afterwards (early days of the connected experience).

Seeing it on PC / PS5 down the road will just be icing on top.

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't around for GoW release, were people really that mad?

Mad? No I think was just a big surprise how well it reviewed. There was a lot of doom and gloom leading up to it similar this game, HZD, etc.

I don't wait to play games I'm really excited about. DS, FFVII and TLOU2 are day one. Cyberpunk 2077 is meh so I will wait for an enhanced version of that. Probably would have waited Ghost of Tsushima as well, but now that is not necessary.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Not me. I was in the moment you could pre-order the collector's edition. The main issue is that living in Silicon Valley is incredibly expensive, so often I'm living paycheck to paycheck thanks to unexpected spending, like car repair, trip to doctor, etc.

Totally would have have kept the BB edition, if it wasn't a strain on my upcoming week or two away from work.

Playing it fresh like this will be interesting, as it may never be the same again afterwards (early days of the connected experience).

Seeing it on PC / PS5 down the road will just be icing on top.

I can feel you bro. I wanted to pre-order the collector edition too but 200 bucks was too much for me too. Funny thing is some stores sold it around 140 bucks then retreated it after.

And yeah playing it fresh with its uncharted territory since day one will cause more pleasure then much much later because by then many people would spoil it and even mess up the whole terrain in the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Can I be honest...

I actually can't believe this game is coming out. It feels like a wild fever dream. It has been the most interesting dripfeed of information about this game.

I really hope it does well, because I want more unhinged Kojima.