• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Who would've though that the one person to break the embargo would be Kojima himself! I had 200 lines about Conan Obrien in my review, all worthless now. Thanks a lot, Kojima-san.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good or bad, i want reviews to properly call out and take points off the score if there is any of the sexist bullshit there was in the previous Kojima Games.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
It's not math.
2.5 stars means something completely different than 5/10 than D-. Every scale has its own set of expectations that inform how it is used, trying to conflate them is the most pointlessly stupid task ever.
Agree to disagree then...Reviewers are well aware of how their scores will come across regardless of their "what our scores means" definition. 2.5 = bad, and is comparable to other bad scores.

PhDInOwning

Mar 17, 2018
Here's a secret: reviews don't do that much traffic, even a super negative one for a hyped game. And I can't speak for other sites, but most reviewers I know care a great deal about game criticism and would never throw out a score just for shock value.

Most??? Shocked but not that shocked.
There are so many reviewers nowadays that I can understand why some people short on time just look to an aggregate after watching a trailer with gameplay to solidify a purchase decision, but I've never understood toxic fan behaviour for sport teams, and that kind of tribalism seems to have extended to anything someone can have an (seemingly unwarranted from my POV) emotional connection with now.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread have proven (yet again) . That gamers, are insecure, immature and a fucking embarrassment.
Trying to throw consumers under the bus is not the right answer. Take off your numeric scores. If your advocating a qualitative first policy - than do it, but don't try and manufacture this burden of conscience about consumer reaction to scores.
Except that's not what she's doing. At all.
I hate when journalists in tech/sports/gaming do this. (And they all do it.)

Like, this type of fanaticism is literally what puts food on your table. Casuals don't drive nearly enough traffic to websites to feed the size of the current games media.

How naive.
Christ. What a disgusting, and idiotic thing to say.

Gamers rise up, indeed.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Personally I don't care much about this game at all, just feel bad listening to the beastcast and having Dan talk around on how he feels about the game. Poor guy, 2 major let downs this generation. My brother likes metal gear and stuff and he still getting but has resigned himself to it being mediocre.

if It's great or awful its all the same to me. It will give the beast/bomb casts hours of material either way and that's what I enjoy.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I don't care much about this game at all, just feel bad listening to the beastcast and having Dan talk around on how he feels about the game. Poor guy, 2 major let downs this generation. My brother likes metal gear and stuff and he still getting but has resigned himself to it being mediocre.

if It's great or awful its all the same to me. It will give the beast/bomb casts hours of material either way and that's what I enjoy.

Well at least you're honest about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.