• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand why Sony skipped E3 if they could fill it with FF7R, TLOU2, Death Stranding, Medievil and other 3rd-party games footage, and even the PS5 news. They would make such a bigger splash than in the state of play videos or online articles.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Opening up pre-orders now makes no sense if this is a 2020 game. Holiday 2019 seems possible.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you need a HUD?

If you get damaged in the game you get damaged in real life.

It's scraping the barrel humour at a sizeable number of fans who were projecting their soon to be disappointment if Kojima does another movie trailer instead of 10 minutes of solid gameplay.

I for one welcome another Kojima movie trailer that answers nothing.

A potential 2019 or Feb 2020 release date is nice. Still not pre-ordering a game though, everyone needs to do that less.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I don't understand who would pre-order this based on the fact we next to nothing about the game.

I can understand pre-ordering a limited physical item, but a digital game with no restrictions on stock or allocation etc is just weird.

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand who would pre-order this based on the fact we next to nothing about the game.

I can understand pre-ordering a limited physical item, but a digital game with no restrictions on stock or allocation etc is just weird.

Kojima Fans + Hype also Kojima made great games before xD...

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Who the hell is Wario 64 and how is he on top of things all the goddamn time? Is he like a sentient AI connected to the inner working fo the videogame industry? Is he an automated machine that blurts out everytime some website posts an offer? Is he an insider? Do we know who it is?
I know who he is. I've met him IRL multiple times. I'm sorry to say, he's just a man.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Never preorder, wait for reviews.
MemorableGreatKouprey-size_restricted.gif

I have to see this through at this point...

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Never preorder, wait for reviews.
I've only been burned on a pre-order once out of all the games I've bought. Don't see the problem with doing it, and I have never in my life relied on a review to help make a purchase decision. All I need are trailers and/or gameplay footage to help me decide, unless the game is a known quantity, in which I don't need to see anything to know I want it.

Ryder9

Alt account
Banned
May 26, 2018
Any news on PC version? I don't want to double dip. :(

I don't think so, but there are rumours that it was at least considered at one point

first was an interview back right after the first death stranding trailer was released with one of the key people there that said they would be considering a steam release but nothing after that (maybe deal with sony became more concrete), it was a deleted interview on gamespot I believe but I had no luck in finding it again

There was also an interview at tribecca festival where kojima was asked about PC release and he didn't respond with a definitive yes or no

second, there are rumours that sony would release it on epic store as an exclusive to hurt steam's monopoly but take it with a huge grain of salt, it's from some guy in russia

I'm pretty confident it'll be a PS exclusive given how much money sony has given to KP, but since they're still an independent studio it could be a timed exclusive

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
I thought they're not doing E3. And if they're doing a Nintendo Direct style presentation, why share air-time with their competitors when they can announce/reveal on their own time without competing for attention?
Exactly my thoughts.
E3 is becoming just unimportant.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why Sony skipped E3 if they could fill it with FF7R, TLOU2, Death Stranding, Medievil and other 3rd-party games footage, and even the PS5 news. They would make such a bigger splash than in the state of play videos or online articles.

Because just like last year people would complain about seeing the same games yet again.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
It's obviously not going to happen but the game releasing tomorrow would be the most insane thing ever lol.
Anyway, we're still in May, if a pre-order page is up it's definitely a 2019 release.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Who the hell is Wario 64 and how is he on top of things all the goddamn time? Is he like a sentient AI connected to the inner working fo the videogame industry? Is he an automated machine that blurts out everytime some website posts an offer? Is he an insider? Do we know who it is?
He is an human bot, sees everything and never sleeps. He know a lot because people write to him whenever there is something going on, but he is online 24/7 apparently lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.