• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Sam Bridges must brave a world utterly transformed by the Death Stranding. Carrying the stranded remnants of the future in his hands, Sam embarks on a journey to reunite the shattered world one step at a time. What is the mystery of the Death Stranding? What will Sam discover on the road ahead? A genre defining gameplay experience holds these answers and more.
Qué?

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
the funky fetus is the future of all humanity
the last babby
no one can nut so they can't reproduce and have to rely on the babby
norman reedus saves the last known species of intelligent life
the baby is pans labyrinth 2

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
We really are the last of us.

I'm feeling like this game is going to have a large Online element and will be very divisive

Ghost

Oct 26, 2017
Sam is a delivery man.
Del Toro's character hands you the job: deliver this baby, mankind's future, somewhere.
Other characters are hunting it.
"Tomorrow is in Your Hands"

jerk

Nov 6, 2017
Ah, the baby in a basket genre will be fully established. Next gen hardware will be judged on how many babies it can render at once.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
A genre defining gameplay experience holds these answers and more.

q7s6GzB.gif

I need to wait and see but here's hoping

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Mystery is the core part of the game. I like that, because for sure they will not spoil anything in the prerelease marketing.

Just be vague Kojima. Don't give us any answer!

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
So can we play as the ghost monsters?

Oct 30, 2017
Sam Bridges is a hilariously generic name for whatever the hell that game is supposed to be.
Along with the above posted picture, I imagine Sam is a replica/clone/former pod baby from this Bridges company who may just be repeating a journey previous mailmen have attempted but ultimately failed. So, in essence his name is generic because he himself is generic.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
"Genre defining gameplay experience" Sure, but are the weapons unbreakable? Otherwise it's just a 7/10.
GOTY right there!

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Something tells me we're not getting 50% of the answers in the game either lol.

I'm in regardless though.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you, the player, represent the "bridges" in this world. Similar with the theme of it being in your "hands".

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Along with the above posted picture, I imagine Sam is a replica/clone/former pod baby from this Bridges company who may just be repeating a journey previous mailmen have attempted but ultimately failed. So, in essence his name is generic because he himself is generic.
Kojima described him as intentionally ordinary. He's no military guy, royalty, empowered by some skill, or special in any way. He's a ordinary working man, who will through his toughness and mental strength manage to save the world.

I see Sam like someone who is uniquely capable of performing thing that almost all others would fail. Like how Thomas Covenent was uniquely predisposed to refuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.