• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
with vsync on I get 30FPS with vsync off I average a much higher framerate but get really bad screen tear any help?

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
have no interest in the game, but dlss is insanely impressive

hope every pc game supports it going forward

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think there's no point me pre-loading this now, I'll just install it after work.

I don't really like the idea of this game at all but I really want to test all this new fancy stuff.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately for me DSR works poorly with my monitor and Oculus. Not sure what the issue is. I what is essentially prototype G-Sync board that went into the Asus VG248QE. When Oculus software is running, it forces my desktop into my highest DSR resolution (4K) and doesn't allow me to lower my resolution, which makes my computer unusable. I either need to force stop Oculus software or disable DSR for it to work.

I also feel like DSR adds some additional input latency, though I've never seen concrete evidence of this. All framerates being equal with dynamic resolution support, I've felt that games were less responsive with DSR, though that could be placebo.

Asus VG248QE

I love that thing though I moved on from it more recently

Had it dematted and voltage modded for ulmb. With that gsync board it one of the better monitors granted you put up with it's color accuracy.

Nov 2, 2017
Any comparisons between DLSS and FidelityFX? According to Arstechnica FidelityFX beat DLSS in terms of performance and IQ but I had my doubts about that so I want to see a proper comparison.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I believe it's proprietary Nvidia technology no? I assume AMD could come up with a similar solution. Both Series X and PS5 seem to want to do native 4K to their detriment anyway, at least initially.
DLSS is not an easy technology to just say "We need this, let's implement it", it takes a lot of time and engineering. Nvidia has invested heavily in the tech. They are years ahead of AMD in this department, hence why you haven't seen anything from AMD or Intel.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
DLSS is not an easy technology to just say "We need this, let's implement it", it takes a lot of time and engineering. Nvidia has invested heavily in the tech. They are years ahead of AMD in this department, hence why you haven't seen anything from AMD or Intel.

Seems smart of them, I just think it's silly to have these newer consoles lose out on frames because of an obsession with resolution. But I obviously am not in the marketing department haha.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Asus VG248QE

I love that thing though I moved on from it more recently

Had it dematted and voltage modded for ulmb. With that gsync board it one of the better monitors granted you put up with it's color accuracy.

Yeah it's a pretty terrible monitor when it comes to color haha. But it's honestly not so noticeable unless you compare it side by side to a better display. The brain is quite good at filling in those color gaps. I just haven't been happy with current monitor tech and have been waiting out better displays. If gets DLSS 2.0 gets widespread adoption, I might wait out a 4K display at this point.

I have a Dell 1600p monitor that work has given me through COVID work-from-home so I haven't had as much of a reason to upgrade to a 1440p display at this point. Feels bad spending $600 on a monitor when I can put that towards a 65" 4K display to replace my aging plasma.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
You're going to tell me the PC version looks like THIS and there won't be a PS5 Enhanced version?

Come on, Sony, confirm that you're enhancing some of your PS4 titles on PS5!
It's funny you mention this...when I saw the minimum requirements for PC, the first thing that came to mind was GTA V for PC.

There has to be an enhanced version. There has to be. I might be bold and bet on it, lol.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man... this game in 60 fps looks amazing. Hope PS5 lets me play the PS4 version like this. If not I might just end up getting it for PC.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's a pretty terrible monitor when it comes to color haha. But it's honestly not so noticeable unless you compare it side by side to a better display. The brain is quite good at filling in those color gaps. I just haven't been happy with current monitor tech and have been waiting out better displays. If gets DLSS 2.0 gets widespread adoption, I might wait out a 4K display at this point.

I have a Dell 1600p monitor that work has given me through COVID work-from-home so I haven't had as much of a reason to upgrade to a 1440p display at this point. Feels bad spending $600 on a monitor when I can put that towards a 65" 4K display to replace my aging plasma.

I have a colorimeter it's actually not as bad as it seems once you can adjust it. Only thing I never liked is no service menu that is deep cause adjust certain features even now would be amazing. Mellow blues but god damn the red and greens can pop.

I only made a sidegrade in size not pixel density. DLSS proved me right in that regard native 4k is a waste. At 65" you may as well wait for 8k and get the best immersion experience possible short of apple's impending vr glasses.

Last edited:

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im waiting to know if there is any dlss/benefit playing this game in GeForce now. Or it will be « simple » 1080p?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I have a colorimeter it's actually not as bad as it seems once you can adjust it. Only thing I never liked is no service menu that is deep cause adjust certain features even now would be amazing.

I only made a sidegrade in size not pixel density. DLSS proved me right in that regard native 4k is a waste. At 65" you may as well wait for 8k and get the best immersion experience possible short of apple's impending vr glasses.

Unfortunately, with the G-Sync board, the VG248QE loses all of its adjustments outside of brightness/contrast.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Any comparisons between DLSS and FidelityFX? According to Arstechnica FidelityFX beat DLSS in terms of performance and IQ but I had my doubts about that so I want to see a proper comparison.
FidelityFX works very, very differently compared to DLSS, and DLSS 2.0 is easily the best image quality enhancement/reconstruction tech by a BIG margin, it's safe to say Nvidia is a generation ahead of everyone else on this.

kaftan

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Facebook showcase their own supersampling solution even more impressive then DLSS 2 that's working on multiple hardwares, not only Nvidia's, and that's supposedly easy to implement in existing engines? Or do I remember something wrong.

Either way there's no way around it, this technology is one of biggest leaps forward in computer graphics. I fully expect Epic to create their own solution since iirc they said the upcoming UE5 infinite triangle sorcery performance is based on the targeted resolution (something one triangle per pixel something, idk).

I've been putting off playing Witcher 3 til I get me an ultrawide (I'm still rocking a 1920-1080) and I'm thinking about doing the same with Death Stranding. Tho I'm not sure if I manage to wait til mid 2021 when I'll be upgrading.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Can't watch right now, does the PC version fix the ridiculously low moss draw distance of the PS4 game?

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately, with the G-Sync board, the VG248QE loses all of its adjustments outside of brightness/contrast.

Hence why you want a service menu not OSD, it's like low level OS access to a TV. You can fuck it up if you don't do it right. Better tvs have factory resets.

its only monitor besides gdm-fw900 I've heavily modified. Was damn worth it.

Last edited:

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Didn't Facebook showcased their own supersampling solution even more impressive then DLSS 2 that's working on multiple hardwares, not only Nvidia's, and that's supposedly easy to implement in existing engines? Or do I remember something wrong.
You are thinking about this. It was not temporally stable at the moment if you watch the videos, but it is impressive how it achieves a 4X scale.

One thing to think about regarding it is how it costs a lot more than DLSS 2.0. DLSS 2.0 is 1.5 miliseconds on an RTX 2080 Ti. That facebook method detailed you mentioned costs 18-24 miliseconds on a Titan V, which has more deep learning performance than an RTX 2080 Ti.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I hope that my 1060 runs it well as KojiPro seems to always give a bit of an overestimate for specs. Looking forward to trying DLSS in the future on a new PC.
Everything sounds great even if it seems they're keeping bigger upgrades for future games (or even a PS5 version).

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
Didn't Facebook showcase their own supersampling solution even more impressive then DLSS 2 that's working on multiple hardwares, not only Nvidia's, and that's supposedly easy to implement in existing engines? Or do I remember something wrong.

All I could find on Facebook reconstruction was a blog post about ongoing research for VR games, but no actual implementation available for testing. Do you have a link?

Nevermind Alex commented on this above. 18 to 24 milliseconds on a Titan V doesn't sound good enough for real-time rendering though. I guess it's still early days for them still though.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
So glad the DLSS delivered again. PC gaming will remain magnificent in the coming years.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What kind of input lag and/or response time issues are created by DLSS? Any?

None.

So glad the DLSS delivered again. PC gaming will remain magnificent in the coming years.

tvFxujd.gif

If this continues, basically we'll be good with RTX 20xx cards for some time.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Makes sense, and can't really complain too much considering they even went back and made sure that the game's cutscenes support ultrawide resolutions. So while there are definitely less improvements here compared to what I'd ideally want in a PC version of a game, there are still plenty of reasons why this game will be a much better experience on PC compared to PS4, which is great.

What is missing other than raytracing?

What did you expect from a PC version?

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
So everything is working great for me except sometimes during cutscense the frame rate dips pretty hard, not sure why. I'm using Alex's optimized settings, I have RTX 2080, i9 9900, 32GB RAM. When I'm not running vsync I get 75+ FPS. My GPU is always sitting at around 75% usage so not sure what's going on there.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to make for a great port comparison come Horizon, to see how both KojiPro and Guerrilla themselves handled Decima to PC.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need this in my life, my next card will be an RTX Whatevermybudgetisatthetime.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
DLSS 2.0 is just insane. I hope that AMD come with something similar ASAP because i genuinely feel like PC gaming could end up leagues ahead of next gen, if every game was to support DLSS 2.0.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
DLSS 2.0 is just insane. I hope that AMD come with something similar ASAP because i genuinely feel like PC gaming could end up leagues ahead of next gen, if every game was to support DLSS 2.0.

It needs to become a standard, the benefits are absolutely worth whatever development time is needed. I understand that it might be an issue for smaller games but every big game needs to support this feature.