• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020

PS4 Pro settings:
Model detail - Default
Shadow resolution - Medium/High
Streaming memory - Default
AO, SSR, Motion Blur, DoF - On
TAA
4x AF

Alex's optimised settings:
Model Detail - Very High
Shadow resolution - High
Streaming memory - Default
AO, SSR, Motion Blur, DoF - On
TAA
16x AF (of course)

All RTX cards can output at 4k/dlss/60+fps at optimised settings

DLSS 2.0 continues to be the biggest leap in gaming technology since the fan attached to the gpu.

An added bonus video from Nvidia

Last edited:

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Rundown for those of us who are unable to watch? I hope my 2060 equipped laptop can run the game better than my pro.

Astrot

Oct 27, 2017
At this point if Amd doesn't have something similar to dlss I don't see why anyone would pick up there new gpus.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
holy fuck the game looks incredible with the higher frame rate and ultra wide

and it wasn't exactly ugly on Pro either, it looked damn good there

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're going to tell me the PC version looks like THIS and there won't be a PS5 Enhanced version?

Come on, Sony, confirm that you're enhancing some of your PS4 titles on PS5!

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a pretty barebones port, though it's great that they've gone back and re-encoded prerendered cutscenes to 4K/60fps, and you gotta love the fact that they actually forced 16xAF by default (and with no way to even change it in-game). I don't understand why most games don't force good anisotropic filtering.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
DLSS 2.0 is the most important graphics technology I've seen in about forever. It's astounding.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, DLSS is f'ing crazy lol. On a 2060!

I tried it on FFXV the other day as well and it was pretty good on there.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Seems like a pretty barebones port, though it's great that they've gone back and re-encoded prerendered cutscenes to 4K/60fps, and you gotta love the fact that they actually forced 16xAF by default (and with no way to even change it in-game). I don't understand why most games don't force good anisotropic filtering.
they actually only had 8 months to work on this game's port according to Aki at KojiPro, they wanted to fit in more including raytracing but didn't have enough time unfortunately

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
So what you're telling me is to expect a bit of the same from HZD when it's out on pC.

Why would anyone expect differently? The hardware is old and the CPUs in these consoles are garbo.

Should be in every PC game. Don't think the Series X or PS5 will have tech like this available any time soon.

I believe it's proprietary Nvidia technology no? I assume AMD could come up with a similar solution. Both Series X and PS5 seem to want to do native 4K to their detriment anyway, at least initially.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love how DLSS has singlehandedly extended the lifespans of 2060s everywhere by years, regardless of whether raytracing is even an option in the DLSS title.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Lmao, 4K/120fps with DLSS performance, that's insane, AMD is really going to need a counter for this.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
they actually only had 8 months to work on this game's port according to Aki at KojiPro, they wanted to fit in more including raytracing but didn't have enough time unfortunately
Makes sense, and can't really complain too much considering they even went back and made sure that the game's cutscenes support ultrawide resolutions. So while there are definitely less improvements here compared to what I'd ideally want in a PC version of a game, there are still plenty of reasons why this game will be a much better experience on PC compared to PS4, which is great.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Makes sense, and can't really complain too much considering they even went back and made sure that the game's cutscenes support ultrawide resolutions. So while there are definitely less improvements here compared to what I'd ideally want in a PC version of a game, there are still plenty of reasons why this game will be a much better experience on PC compared to PS4, which is great.
yeah i wouldn't be surprised if covid put a hamper on their plans, seems the horizon port was worked on longer since kojipro made use of a decima pc version worked primarily by guerilla to build the game

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
guys do we think ps5 will get some of these improvement as patch or unlikely ? Like better AF higher res etc....

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Should be in every PC game. Don't think the Series X or PS5 will have tech like this available any time soon.

MS supposedly has a DirectML solution coming, unsure if Sony has anything.

guys do we think ps5 will get some of these improvement as patch or unlikely ? Like better AF higher res etc....

if it gets re-released on PS5, I imagine it'll be 4K/60fps based on how well it benchmarks here

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I love how DLSS has singlehandedly extended the lifespans of 2060s everywhere by years, regardless of whether raytracing is even an option in the DLSS title.

For real. I was planning on upgrading my RTX 2060 when the Ampere GPU's are released but I may hang on it until next year, DLSS 2.0 continues to blow my mind...

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
As predicted not too many visual enhancements outside of resolution and frame rate give how fast the performance is. They could have included some more higher end settings to push the visuals more for people staying at 60fps.

Hopefully Horizon has a lot more enhancements outside of just running the PS4 version at 200fps with a wider FoV.

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017
If PS5 and Xbox Series X could use DLSS that would be crazy ... AMD needs something similar.