• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Question:

Does anyone know how the location of extra vehicles that spawn in the game world is determined because FUCK, FUCK the algorithm that keeps placing a fucking truck right in front of the Cosplayer's entrance.

It happened to me 3 times and the first two times I repositioned them elsewhere (only to have the replacement spawn in the same place) Got caught in the rocks and had to reload.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. I managed it in 41 and I still was able to connect all but three networks and max out 5 of them. Only cutscenes I skipped were Cliff scenes (when they begin repeating) and the busy work stuff like drinking/loading/recycling, etc.
Yeah, I kinda wish they cut down on that stuff. I didn't need to see it every single time, because you end up doing all those things quite a lot.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Two quick questions.

Each drop off location/bridge location is independent and all materials/storage is limited to that location only correct? What is the point of banking materials ? Should I always take out all Crystal's, metals resins etc and make things right away/contribute to roads ?

If I make a safe house while traveling and go inside of it to use a fragile fast travel point will I travel with all gargo that I have as well? In essence I dont need to walk to deliver the package, I could simply fast travel there with said cargo?

ket

Jul 27, 2018
If I make a safe house while traveling and go inside of it to use a fragile fast travel point will I travel with all gargo that I have as well? In essence I dont need to walk to deliver the package, I could simply fast travel there with said cargo?

whenever you fragile fast travel you can't take your cargo with you

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Picked this up a few days ago. Really liked the opening chapter. I just got access to the grenades but my bike broke so I have to walk all the way to port knot city on foot. I really want to like this game but it's already getting a little boring/repetitive. Does it get better later?

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Picked this up a few days ago. Really liked the opening chapter. I just got access to the grenades but my bike broke so I have to walk all the way to port knot city on foot. I really want to like this game but it's already getting a little boring/repetitive. Does it get better later?

It really opens up when you are done with port knot city, the first area is kind of a tutorial area, the real game kind of begins at chapter 3.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Got the "ride" bike though I doubt I use it much. The bike is awesome but
Sam starts breaking the wall and annoyingly saying things like " I wish this bike was on Norman Reedus's Ride" and other unimportant bullshit about Ride.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Question:

Does anyone know how the location of extra vehicles that spawn in the game world is determined because FUCK, FUCK the algorithm that keeps placing a fucking truck right in front of the Cosplayer's entrance.

It happened to me 3 times and the first two times I repositioned them elsewhere (only to have the replacement spawn in the same place) Got caught in the rocks and had to reload.

hahahahahahahahahaha it's not random, the players are doing this.

I blow them up.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
hahahahahahahahahaha it's not random, the players are doing this.

I blow them up.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKing mother fuckers. God damn degenerates leaving vehicles in the middle or road and smack middle of entrance.

Btw, I just started Chapter 5 (I think) and I assume that because you can fabricate frag grenades, you use them to blow the vehicles up?

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018

Thank you! There's plenty more, I promise.

mSXakyb.gif

l2Ss8bD.gif

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Two quick questions.

Each drop off location/bridge location is independent and all materials/storage is limited to that location only correct? What is the point of banking materials ? Should I always take out all Crystal's, metals resins etc and make things right away/contribute to roads ?

You can craft items with said materials or tranport it to a nearby structure to help build them with the required materials. you have to manage that as your transporter uses the crystals as energy so you don't want to be use too much but yes everything outside of the crystals which will always be on you you can pretty much part with unless you want to craft weapons/items. You basically have to utilize your judgment there.

Cargo doesn't teleport with you. It's automatically placed into the private locker of the safe house when you transport. It's engineered to force you to manually teleport items on foot.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got the
bridge truck
and it's a game changer. I'm only on chapter 3 (even though I'm approaching the 35h mark) and it feels that this "walking simulator" has thrown more game mechanics and updates at me than most games in recent memory. I love it, it's so rewarding.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
i finished the game using the bike all of the time and never really ran into battery trouble, especially with the one with extra batteries
Yeah they are there, on the other hand it's my only complaint bikes nice and I have no issue with the battery. However I do use the portable battery backpack option so for all I know that makes a real difference. Maybe I will check it out in a bit, don't want or need a vehicle at the moment (teleporting back to the beginning to build zips and 5-Star)

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally got the
bridge truck
and it's a game changer. I'm only on chapter 3 (even though I'm approaching the 35h mark) and it feels that this "walking simulator" has thrown more game mechanics and updates at me than most games in recent memory. I love it, it's so rewarding.

That must be tied to a quest or hitting a certain level with someone as I'm in chapter 5 and haven't unlocked that yet.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Awesome gifs. Major spoilers for those not very far into the game.
Thanks, again! :)

Yup! It's quite frustrating for me since most of the GIFs I've made are actually what I would consider spoiler-y, like you said. Definitely cannot post them on Twitter yet.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
That must be tied to a quest or hitting a certain level with someone as I'm in chapter 5 and haven't unlocked that yet.

Ouch that sounds painful. It's amazing how much people's playthrough changes mattering on what they've unlocked/built.

Lvl 3 truck is a beast, makes getting Legend of Legends ranks easy.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the
bridge truck
yeah i called it the worst walking simulator ever.

and without spoiling anything you havent seen anything yet. traversal gets so much more fun.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKing mother fuckers. God damn degenerates leaving vehicles in the middle or road and smack middle of entrance.

Btw, I just started Chapter 5 (I think) and I assume that because you can fabricate frag grenades, you use them to blow the vehicles up?
I just read today that the next update will allow dismantling of things like that. Sucks that other players are doing these things intentionally, but it's kind of funny all the same. :)

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017

For the sake of not spoiling i'll say: Yeah.... Grenades.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I just read today that the next update will allow dismantling of things like that. Sucks that other players are doing these things intentionally, but it's kind of funny all the same. :)

Thank you. Hopefully that update isn't far away. Also, it's as funny as stumbling down and falling on your face. It's funny to everyone else.

For the sake of not spoiling i'll say: Yeah.... Grenades.

Danke!

Vark

Oct 27, 2017
Trucks are by/in the entrance because truck cargo only counts to be 'turn-in-able' if the truck is basically smack dab up against the building. Otherwise you run the risk of the 'cargo' you have in the truck being too far away and having to run back and move the stupid thing before you can turn in your delivery. It's annoying. If the truck is against the entrance then you know it definitely counts.

They should just make any cargo that's within the bounds of the station reachable in your cargo / turn in / recycle / locker menus. As it is, yea, every building in my game always has a truck up against the entrance.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Trucks are by/in the entrance because truck cargo only counts to be 'turn-in-able' if the truck is basically smack dab up against the building. Otherwise you run the risk of the 'cargo' you have in the truck being too far away and having to run back and move the stupid thing before you can turn in your delivery. It's annoying. If the truck is against the entrance then you know it definitely counts.

They should just make any cargo that's within the bounds of the station reachable in your cargo / turn in / recycle / locker menus. As it is, yea, every building in my game always has a truck up against the entrance.
Which begs the question though, why would someone just leave their truck right there after a delivery? I'd assume they're carrying other cargo/gear and then moving on to the next thing. It seems nefarious most of the time since you don't see much in the way of bikes parked right up on entrances, probably because they're small and don't pose any real obstacle to other players.

I do agree with you though that cargo in vehicles should count if you're within the perimeter.

Vark

Oct 27, 2017
Which begs the question though, why would someone just leave their truck right there after a delivery? I'd assume they're carrying other cargo/gear and then moving on to the next thing. It seems nefarious most of the time since you don't see much in the way of bikes parked right up on entrances, probably because they're small and don't pose any real obstacle to other players.

I do agree with you though that cargo in vehicles should count if you're within the perimeter.

It never seems nefarious to me, it's always off to the side / only blocking half the entrance, then i always have to park up against the other side. Could be that's where people save after that delivery and log out or something? The populated items don't seem like they'd be 1:1 across peoples games so it could even be something like when you get out of a vehicle there's X chance that it shows up, or if you leave it for X minutes etc. Without knowing the conditions they use it's entirely possible that people park, go do a thing, the game decides to grab that truck to propagate and then in their game they've gone and moved it.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Do crystals take up weight ? Or space on my pack ? Shouldn't we always take out every crystal from all bridges/locations if not ?

Oct 29, 2017
Do crystals take up weight ? Or space on my pack ? Shouldn't we always take out every crystal from all bridges/locations if not ?

Nope, they don't take up any weight. I am usually hovering around 4-7k crystals at once, so I tend to keep them at their locations because some gadgets/weapons cost chirilliam to fabricate

But yea, you might as well take them all out and "recycle" them to a location when you want to fabricate some stuff

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm never going to finish this damn game. I keep finding new ways to avoid going to the mountains. It's stupid how entertaining it is just to deliver packages. Zip lines are pretty fun.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Still at the start of Chp 5.

Commentary on zip-lining - Holy shit! it's such a rush. I built a network of 4 that connected Southern Distribution center of Lake

Folks, I am over 63 hours in and still haven't started the main mission of Ch 5...... how fucked am I?

Also, is anyone else obsessed with ensuring ALL the roads are built!?

Last edited:

Gamerasi

Sep 30, 2019
I finished the game. It was a unique experience. I liked it very, very much. After a while, I'm going back to the game.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Who sings this remarkable piece?

Also, I just listened to the IGN spoilercast. They were actually really positive on it, despite the score one of the colleagues gave it.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I need...

1. Veteran Porter
2. Novelist Son
3. The First Prepper

I can't seem to find orders for any of them to open up their location. How do I get started with these 3? They are the last 3 I need to get connected up.

Oct 27, 2017
So I need...

1. Veteran Porter
2. Novelist Son
3. The First Prepper

I can't seem to find orders for any of them to open up their location. How do I get started with these 3? They are the last 3 I need to get connected up.
Look for a piece of lost cargo in the vicinity of their location. It's not guaranteed but 90% of the time there's one laying around. I can distinctly remember there being cargo for the veteran porter down at the campfire with is like 10 feet from the stairs. Just walk around the outer part of their location spamming R1 to see if anything gets picked up.

Oct 24, 2019
Still at the start of Chp 5.

Commentary on zip-lining - Holy shit! it's such a rush. I built a network of 4 that connected Southern Distribution center of Lake

Folks, I am over 63 hours in and still haven't started the main mission of Ch 5...... how fucked am I?

Also, is anyone else obsessed with ensuring ALL the roads are built!?

pretty fucked lol. I basically mainlined the game and I finished at 43 hours

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
It never seems nefarious to me, it's always off to the side / only blocking half the entrance, then i always have to park up against the other side. Could be that's where people save after that delivery and log out or something? The populated items don't seem like they'd be 1:1 across peoples games so it could even be something like when you get out of a vehicle there's X chance that it shows up, or if you leave it for X minutes etc. Without knowing the conditions they use it's entirely possible that people park, go do a thing, the game decides to grab that truck to propagate and then in their game they've gone and moved it.
Yeah, could be... it just started to drive me a bit nuts finding them parked right there in the doorway, without fail, yet never/rarely ever inside a Bridges facility. I've had some parked sideways across the entryway, and sometimes away from buildings, they'll be parked right in front or on top of a collectible you need. LOL It's not that big a deal since it takes little time to hop into the other vehicle and move it if you have to (or blow it up), but it's just a strange thing... and apparently enough of a player enjoyment concern that its effects are being resolved via patch.