• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who's the guy to the right of the Paleontologist? He and Peter are the last ones I need to complete the chiral network. Though I don't think you can ever get Peter since
it turns out he was Higgs.

Trojan

Oct 27, 2017
The post-mission NPC dialogue to Sam continues to be hilarious.

The praise from the delivery centers is so over the top and they obsess over the box presentation. Sam is at rock-star levels of worship while every other Porter seems to be an average joe.

It's like an RPG power fantasy thank you speech, except swap out "honor" and "bravery" with "mint condition packaging" and "timely delivery".

They could have mixed in a lot of other dialogue bits to fill in lore so feels like a missed opportunity. At the same time, it's so ridiculous that I'm enjoying it.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
2ZGmtMH.gif
*Likes* You've been killing it with all these great gifs. Thanks and keep 'em coming! *Likes*

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I contributed some materials to a road that was being rebuilt, and now I'm getting thousands of likes every time I turn in some cargo. Is this how it's supposed to be? My Bridge Links are skyrocketing way above my other stats because of this.
wow, i'be built long sections and finished just as many other peoples roads and i only get a couple thousand just some of the time.

Stratosphere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow, i'be built long sections and finished just as many other peoples roads and i only get a couple thousand just some of the time.
It seems to have tapered off, but the first time I turned in cargo after contirbuting to the road, I got like 6k likes. Then it was like 2k a couple times afterward. Strange, unless I'm not understanding how the system works.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
I'm Sam!

How do you make those gifs If I might ask? They look great and professional!

I'm Sam too!

I use an Avermedia LGP310 capture card to record footage from my launch PS4 system. This capture card records footage at 1080p 30fps. The recorded footage gets stored on either my Macbook's HDD or an external HDD. The recorded footage is edited in Adboe After Effects, so this mainly involves camera manipulation for more cinematic camera angles; usually the camera tool is applied to zoom in on an item of focus. Sometimes, I may add colour adjustments to footage, such as adjusting contrast and the level of exposure. Another thing that I use is Twixtor, which is a plug-in for After Effects that lets me slow down footage too. Other than that, there's not much else to it. I'll render footage out at a ratio of 16:9, usually downscaling to something that isn't so data-intensive, so something like 800x450. Rendered footage is saved as a .mov file, from which I then load Photoshop and export it as a GIF.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you'd like to know more! :)

people

Oct 27, 2017
Who's the guy to the right of the Paleontologist? He and Peter are the last ones I need to complete the chiral network. Though I don't think you can ever get Peter since
it turns out he was Higgs.
I think you mean the Veteran Porter, near the Timefall Farm?

Also you can get Peter connected by delivering Pizza's (4 times in total IIRC)

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I originally wanted to take my time playing the game, but the ending discussion here make me want to rush it to the end. Seems like the ending is pretty divisive as well with some people think it fell off a cliff while other really like it.

I'm on chapter 9 now, just got boss battle, which I think is pretty awesome, felt very old school somehow

Dick Whitman

Oct 30, 2017
Can you actually shoot her?
When the game gave me control and im pointing the gun at her, i was like frozen for like 5 seconds then i tought, nah, it cant be like this, so i run to her to see if anything happened and the Hug button appeared, felt good. :)

Yeah but the bullets just go right through her. And did you have to put your gun away to get the hug option? That's what I had to do before I could interact with her.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have almost everything up to mountain knot to 5 stars. Gotta finish up the final little bit of a star on the cosplayer and the film guy. Collector is still just under 2 but I opened a couple emails and am going into BT territory so he better jump up

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
5 Time premium deliveries left for the Delivery trophy. After that I finally need to build some Zips to mountain knot and 5 star everything. 90 hours in and I love that game, but I finally want the platinum trophy and move on.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Yeah but the bullets just go right through her. And did you have to put your gun away to get the hug option? That's what I had to do before I could interact with her.

I emptied the gun before hugging, i thought it would make-or-break something... but nope, no effect... there's no branching at all. Not necessarily a bad thing, but that's me... i never leave a weapon loaded.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
A little help fellas, how do i upgrade the deliverie times? Ive made tons of super quick deliveries but that graph never grows, i have level 4 at deliverie time, all thr others are on their 40 or more.

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
The game did the part I thought it would, make Sam go back to Lake Knot City by foot. Though I hoped that would have been just an epilogue

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
A little help fellas, how do i upgrade the deliverie times? Ive made tons of super quick deliveries but that graph never grows, i have level 4 at deliverie time, all thr others are on their 40 or more.
Do specific time related deliveries. It has the clock icon next to it on the page. Think it's like cargo condition, misc, time and weight. Play on hard to level faster too

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019

It will also be used to craft
Power gloves (that help with difficult terrain)
Lev 2 and 3 lethal weapons
grenade launcher and rocket launche
Long range trucks

The most used for an item is 240 a pop (quadruple rocket launcher), long range truck level 2 is 144.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Woah. Didn't even know this was a thing. Do some of the private rooms just randomly have beer or this is something that you can eventually select in terms of customization options?
It was random in my experience, I didn't make any customization changes for it. Maybe some fixed locations have it, but you can recognize them easily as they are silver whitish beer cans.
As far as I know it's not random. If you have delivered beer to the location then beer becomes available in the room. Drink all of it at once and it is replaced with Monster until you do another delivery.

It originates from the farm.

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone think that whilst driving the point home about as hard as you can with the whole connectivity thing, the game has ended up making a far more subtle point about the state of the environment and the way people exploit it for profit? Every footpath is littered with signs from people trying to farm likes, mountains are strewn with ladders and climbing anchors feet away from each other, rivers can have 3 or 4 bridges within a single mile stretch. The damn place is a mess! I know it's a consequence of people building what they need when they're off the grid (aside from signs) and then once you're connected everyone else stuff appears, but if anything that works against the them of connectivity and cooperation. Nobody is helping anybody when they need it most because you're off the grid, at best we can only make things slightly more convenient after the fact.

I think I'm probably going to drop this now, the tedium is setting in big time.

I'm in episode 5, just went all the way through the mountains, navigated a terrorist camp (which for the record, dealing with MULES and terrorists might be the worst gameplay I've experienced in 2019) and got to Lockne(spelling ?) and now it wants me to turn around and head all the way back to speak with Mama. And I know that once I've done that I'm going to have to go all the way back again.

Yes, Fragile offers a fast travel alternative but doing deliveries is the entire point of the game. If I just skip it as much as possible then I might as well just watch the cutscenes on youtube.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Anyone think that whilst driving the point home about as hard as you can with the whole connectivity thing, the game has ended up making a far more subtle point about the state of the environment and the way people exploit it for profit? Every footpath is littered with signs from people trying to farm likes, mountains are strewn with ladders and climbing anchors feet away from each other, rivers can have 3 or 4 bridges within a single mile stretch. The damn place is a mess!

I'm in episode 5, just went all the way through the mountains, navigated a terrorist camp (which for the record, dealing with MULES and terrorists might be the worst gameplay I've experienced in 2019) and got to Lockne(spelling ?) and now it wants me to turn around and head all the way back to speak with Mama. And I know that once I've done that I'm going to have to go all the way back again.

Yes, Fragile offers a fast travel alternative but doing deliveries is the entire point of the game. If I just skip it as much as possible then I might as well just watch the cutscenes on youtube.
I think you will miss out on some incredible set pieces, scenes, story beats, boss fights and the like. That said, if you're not enjoying it at the moment, there are later portions that will break your spirit.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How many highways are there? I've built Lake City to South Lake.
I've just discovered another highway/branch that heads out to the Mountain.
Any others?

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
I just started the game. In the seam, the tutorial text said to follow the strand to bring Sam back to live, but I just pressed the square button ("Repatriate") and the game continued? I don't get it.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
The game did the part I thought it would, make Sam go back to Lake Knot City by foot. Though I hoped that would have been just an epilogue
It's actually fine because Mount Knot to the North Distribution Centre should be easy with a few zip lines and then you can take a bike/truck back to the craftsman and Lake Knot.

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Not if you've built a deluxe zip line and road network 😎
It's actually fine because Mount Knot to the North Distribution Centre should be easy with a few zip lines and then you can take a bike/truck back to the craftsman and Lake Knot.

I meant not going back using Fragile's teleport rather than using normal means of travel.

And I really liked it. Just thought it should have been the absolute last thing you do.

Oct 27, 2017
I just beat the game last night after 50 hours and I understand why it got so many nominations at the game awards. Wow, talk about undeniable quality.

Future_TraX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Basel, Switzerland
Anyone think that whilst driving the point home about as hard as you can with the whole connectivity thing, the game has ended up making a far more subtle point about the state of the environment and the way people exploit it for profit? Every footpath is littered with signs from people trying to farm likes, mountains are strewn with ladders and climbing anchors feet away from each other, rivers can have 3 or 4 bridges within a single mile stretch. The damn place is a mess! I know it's a consequence of people building what they need when they're off the grid (aside from signs) and then once you're connected everyone else stuff appears, but if anything that works against the them of connectivity and cooperation. Nobody is helping anybody when they need it most because you're off the grid, at best we can only make things slightly more convenient after the fact.

You can remove objects from other people. So do i sometimes.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I m having such a rollercoaster experience with this game lol . Frankly I m in chapter 2 only after 7 hours or so . It started 10/10 then after 4 hours dropped to 7/10 then came the bike and expansion on stuff so now I m at 8.5/10 with the game haha. But i understand the reviewers falling either way of scale .

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just beat the game last night after 50 hours and I understand why it got so many nominations at the game awards. Wow, talk about undeniable quality.
Love seeing posts like this. The game is so good and just oozes quality in every aspect. This could well be Kojima's best game imho. I can't stop thinking about the ending and how much fun the journey was.

Septimius

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the game would play music randomly in Chapter 15. I love the soundtrack so much, but I don't spend that much time in my room

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I m having such a rollercoaster experience with this game lol . Frankly I m in chapter 2 only after 7 hours or so . It started 10/10 then after 4 hours dropped to 7/10 then came the bike and expansion on stuff so now I m at 8.5/10 with the game haha. But i understand the reviewers falling either way of scale .
Your score might probably go back and forth a couple more times lol, because that's basically the ganeplay loop of DS, you get this mission with bt and mules slowing you down, then you unlock new tools that make the previous area easier, but then you go to new area where the environment is harsher or mule got even more weapons, which then you'll get even more tools and weapons.

I'm in chapter 9 right now, and has been pretty impressed with how they change things up.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I have a question for those that have finished the game. I don't think it's spoiler stuff but I'll hide it anyway.

am i meant to see BB flashback repeats? I keep seeing some that I've seen already and can't notice any differences. Is this supposed to happen? I'm just scratching the surface of Ch. 3

Thanks