• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Those who place a second zip-line tower 320 meters away from the first one are the best.
Tower upgrades exist, but those specific upgraded towers may have not been pulled into your game. Or they may be from a "different" network.

The way the game shares Zipline tower networks is actually fairly dumb tbh. I've never had more than 2 "links" shared with me at a time.

Upgrading prepper stations and facilities increases bandwidth. I have all between 3-5* currently, it nets you a tonne.

You don't need 100 to cover everything in the mountains though, far from it. You really should be maxing out the 300m range and upgrading a few to 350m...
Oh absolutely. I think my network is actually only like 50-60 atm, but I've built over 100 total. Zipline Network optimization is half the fun! I've also used other players towers extensively, so saving as much bandwidth as I can.

The ones I'm really proud I could achieve are zipping from Mountain Knot to both the Photographer and the Paleantologist in 4 zips. Making full use of that range boost.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Tower upgrades exist, but those specific upgraded towers may have not been pulled into your game. Or they may be from a "different" network.

The way the game shares Zipline tower networks is actually fairly dumb tbh. I've never had more than 2 "links" shared with me at a time.

Now I get it.

Oct 25, 2017

I actually think the way the game shares zip lines is brilliant.

The game forces you to build around them (or completely ignore them). I've had a lot of fun getting absolutely crazy amounts of coverage by building my zip lines around the ones that are shared. Rather than giving you two points already sync'd up, it gives you points that you have to put in the work to connect, but when you do, you get a ton of coverage immediate coverage without chiral cost.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
"Zip lines are fucking cool!" and "I can go from here to here without touching the ground!"

While my ass is 40+ hrs knee deep in chapter 3. I see y'all.

LastingFatalIchthyostega-size_restricted.gif
This is where I am at too... I should really advance the story, but I just continue delivering.

I have no one to blame but myself.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
"porters connected with"
the void

0 bridge link xD Offline player to the core~
I had a damn blast, 321Km and 57 hours.

I discovered during the last cutscenes that suuuuuuuuuure R3 gives a zoom, but if you go L1 then R3 you get a double zoom during the cutscenes, i somewhat got MGS4 vibes from that, i remember the eggs :P
I'll be able to go to the spoiler thread to see what i missed.

edit: f* me ... another chapter...
damn you kojima...

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
All-terrain skeleton unlocked!

tumblr_n6w9n0fpDR1t4wuoro1_250.gif

The road up to the Roboticist in mountains was so slow and tense, thanks to the weather. This was brilliant. I'm playing on hard, trying to avoid every enemy and i don't take any grenades and weapons. Never thought gameplay loop could be so addicting. It makes up for the story, which i don't like at all. At this point i'm following it just because of Mads (Cliff) character and what he is about to do next.

Lol....wtf is that?How can you do that xD??

You can grab your stuff from the water as well with this thing. I love it. The game is filled with useful tools that some players can miss.

almost done with the game, probably going to finish it tonight when I get home. I was checking my trophy progress and i'm shocked at the how low percentage of people that have played passed chapter 2. I'm not sure how accurate the player % is for trophies so it might mean nothing.

I noticed with each day the percentage of chapters completion gets higher. It's quite long game.

Roven

Nov 2, 2017
Where can I see the capacity of a truck? I Ioaded it with as much as I could but it wouldn't allow me to drive

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I actually think the way the game shares zip lines is brilliant.

The game forces you to build around them (or completely ignore them). I've had a lot of fun getting absolutely crazy amounts of coverage by building my zip lines around the ones that are shared. Rather than giving you two points already sync'd up, it gives you points that you have to put in the work to connect, but when you do, you get a ton of coverage immediate coverage without chiral cost.
I wish they shared a few more links than just lone towers. A lot of the lone towers that have been pulled into my game have not been in great or sometimes even useful positions, so I end up doing a lot of cleanup. I still used plenty, especially ones that were shared as links. One link in particular was so amazing I ended up building like 7 other towers off of it: Going from the middle of the BT valley north of Mountain Knot (with the ruins) directly to the ridge/summit where The Mountaineer lives. And it was all in-network, so didn't even have to get the Moutaineer online to pull them in. Saved a ton of time having to trudge back and forth through that area. Wouldn't have minded a few more of those, and hopefully some of my towers are helping others build their own networks.

Oct 27, 2017
Where can I see the capacity of a truck? I Ioaded it with as much as I could but it wouldn't allow me to drive
Mule trucks (ones with the open back) you have to basically eye ball it. It doesn't hold as much as it looks. Bridge trucks have two columns of light on the back side that will turn red when it's at full capacity.

You also have to be mindful what you have on your back when trying to get into a truck that has cargo in it. That contributes to the overall cargo of the vehicle. In otherwise, if your truck is full of cargo in the back, it won't let you get in if you have too much stuff on your back as well

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bridge trucks seem to hold like 4 times as Mule trucks btw. Mule trucks are trash, but awesome UNTIL you get the mighty bridge trucks

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sticky gun comes from a mission from Distribution Center south of lake knot city that requires you to infiltrate a mule camp (right near it) to get sticky gun parts (tho they give u a sticky gun at the start of the mission)

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
Just started chapter 5 and hit my first 'really?' point in the game. When you start building the road right out of the distro centre for South Knot? The second section skims right past BT territory and you get the engine cut out and then cutscene...all while you're on the road. Ended up driving around that section and past
Mama
to rejoin it just past a bridge. What a dumb decision, the road network should be clear of BT areas.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to thank the guy that put a rope in the middle of the river right before the waterfall to make it look like you can use it to traverse the red marked deep water. Quality troll.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
when I read about EEs I thought that was just ERA shortening it for convenience, didn't think they'd call them that in game! Nice little MGS2 callback

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
So can you take vehicles through BT areas? I tried riding my bike through and got grabbed immediately lmao

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
So can you take vehicles through BT areas? I tried riding my bike through and got grabbed immediately lmao
Yes you can. I used alot my bike, its harder with a truck but still can do it. The thing is if you bump into a BT you will be grabbed, and since they are invisible thers some chances you end up buming into one, but if you managed to pass trough them, you are safe. Going slow while spaming the radar seems the best aproach, just speed away if you are being chased.

OP
OP
Kindekuma

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. So the BB pod in the CE can open up and you can take off the pod cover. There's a screw mounting in BB to the pod itself, but I can't seem to find a way to open the base to remove BB. I saw twitter posts from Hideo with the BB out of the CE pod and I wonder if mass production units are the same.

And also be able to keep the Pod out since the SO doesn't like seeing a plastic baby in the room lol

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
So what do the different difficulties actually change? Is it just combat stuff, it will you fall over more easy and shoes wear out faster, etc?
I switched to hard, and now i can get the rank Legend of Legends rank, instead of S rank if i do premium deliveries. Only the ones that have a timer seem more challenging. Everething else seems the same. In combat BT seem to have more HP and hit harder.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So what do the different difficulties actually change? Is it just combat stuff, it will you fall over more easy and shoes wear out faster, etc?
Seems to be things like cargo takes more dmg from a fall and timefall, enemies have more health and do more damage, BTs see you from further away and are more aggressive when they hunt and have more HP, etc...

You need to play on Hard to do part of the platinum. I'd play on Hard and knock it down if you feel you need to (this can be done any time without any negative effect) you likely won't though. This game is about the experience and creative problem solving (planning and building routes) rather than straight up difficulty.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Definitely not discouraged.

With BOTW and DS new more efficient methods of traversal play their role in the design.

When you abandon a vehicle it will likely be put in another players world for them to use. I think it also still remains in your world for you to come back to.

You can drive through BT territory you just have to be extra careful. If you are on your bike, Your ordarek will still warn you when they are close. Might be good to clear a path for yourself and then drive through

Didn't want to hijack the other thread.

But what does that mean to clear a path? Is there an actual way to reduce the area of BT Rain?

Oct 25, 2017
I switched to hard, and now i can get the rank Legend of Legends rank, instead of S rank if i do premium deliveries. Only the ones that have a timer seem more challenging. Everething else seems the same. In combat BT seem to have more HP and hit harder.
Seems to be things like cargo takes more dmg from a fall and timefall, enemies have more health and do more damage, BTs see you from further away and are more aggressive when they hunt and have more HP, etc...

You need to play on Hard to do part of the platinum. I'd play on Hard and knock it down if you feel you need to (this can be done any time without any negative effect) you likely won't though. This game is about the experience and creative problem solving (planning and building routes) rather than straight up difficulty.
Boss fights have more HP. Haven't noticed a difference aside from that.
Alright, good to know. Thanks.