• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Getting to the weather station is a pain but returning from it is fun (carrier surfing)

In fact that's when they give you that unlock I think

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Quick question about zip lines. Any easy way to gauge if you're in range of one? I put one down tried to put another and I was too far away. By that point it was pointless for me to climb back up so I just continued on

Feb 26, 2018
Quick question about zip lines. Any easy way to gauge if you're in range of one? I put one down tried to put another and I was too far away. By that point it was pointless for me to climb back up so I just continued on
Set a marker on it. You can use your visor and see how far away it is. I think zipline range is 300m max

RedSeim

Banned
Sep 24, 2019
Can't wait to pick this up on pc to play the actual game. Just hope it lets me skip the cutscenes.
Honestly. There's not way that this game could be more "actual" than it currently is. The game looks f****ng awesome on PS4. Can't imagine much improvement on the PC version. Higher FPS and resolution, maybe?. But, considering the type of game it is and the kind of environments it shows, an improvement in the texture set or the polygonal count, for instance, won't be very noticeable, honestly.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
I beat the game about an hour ago. Had to go and hug my mom.

Then took a drive to get some fresh air. Not going to lie - I was tearing up and straight up crying on and off during that final hour or so.

One of the most intriguing and amazing games I've ever played. Loved the story concepts at play. The performances were (mostly) incredible.

The soundtrack and how things wrap up were also fantastically done.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
After you hook up the Timefall Farm, you get an email from the Distribution Centre guy asking you to bring him some beer - it's one of the yellow, special delivery ones. Take the Order for Sam from the farm, deliver it to the distro centre, and you should have beer in your room.
about that misdion: left some cargo on my truck while I went into a mule camp. At some point I got a message that I was to far away from my cargo and now it is gone.
Kinda sucks. Failed 2 missions because of that.
The trucks can handle poor terrain if you just keep spamming jump, but the bikes are much better at handling rough terrain (it says as much in their descriptions) if you just pop wheelies (hold back) when you come to rocks etc, they can also do boost jumps as well.

With regards to truck storage, presumably you mean the stolen MULE trucks. You'll unlock the Bridges trucks later in Chapter 3 which will have far more storage capacity than the MULE ones.
They can handle it, but it is still annoying to drive through.
And there are new missions for those areas.
Down from the weatherstation there is also timefall and BTs.. 😕

Have to check out the new trucks. I can build them now.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Set a marker on it. You can use your visor and see how far away it is. I think zipline range is 300m max
Or 350m once upgraded with 240 chem + 480 sp.alloy

And using the range finder on your visor [L1+R3 for zoom] is a decent way to gauge if you're in range. If you look at Other deployed zips while holding the PCC2 (set to zipline) in your hand, it will show you if you're making a connection and the range of the other ziplines in view.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed the game from the get go, but it finally clicked greatly now in episode 2.
Really refreshing game and very pleased with my purchase.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
I'm trying to get the Platinum trophy myself but how did you do the deliveries for every single station up to 5 Stars? Some of them give you a tiny sliver of likes for your work and the constant zipping from one place to another starts to get boring and i'm only 3/5s finished with the stations...

The trophy guides say you'll need 70 hours of zipping in addition to the 40 hours of story.
Zipping is the definitely the key to maximum efficiency, but I also built most of the roads in the map which allows me to easily drive across the map for the deliveries which require lots of cargo that's impossible to do on foot. These deliveries usually give out a lot of likes and levels up the facilities faster.

Feb 26, 2018

And using the range finder on your visor [L1+R3 for zoom] is a decent way to gauge if you're in range. If you look at Other deployed zips while holding the PCC2 (set to zipline) in your hand, it will show you if you're making a connection and the range of the other ziplines in view.
Didn't know you can extend the range by upgrading it. Thanks

astro

Oct 25, 2017
When you hold the line ready to place it, it will show any lines within range. Blue line = connection, red = obstructed.

Don't place a connecting piece unless you see a blue line.

Exception:

If you don't see a line, you can look toward the piece you want to connect to while you're holding ready to place, and it will show how far away you are. Max range is 300m, but if you upgrade to lvl2 you gain an extra 50m.

So sometimes you can upgrade a piece instead of moving closer, if it helps more.

Carbon

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed the game from the get go, but it finally clicked greatly now in episode 2.
Really refreshing game and very pleased with my purchase.
Go quickly as is reasonable through ep2. Episode 3 is where the game opens wiiiiiiiide and swallows you whole 😉💀

snausages

Feb 12, 2018

Did anyone find out if two level 2 zips can share their range to bring it up to 400? Seems like they should.

Carbon

Oct 27, 2017
When you hold the line ready to place it, it will show any lines within range. Blue line = connection, red = obstructed.

Don't place a connecting piece unless you see a blue line.

Exception:

If you don't see a line, you can look toward the piece you want to connect to while you're holding ready to place, and it will show how far away you are. Max range is 300m, but if you upgrade to lvl2 you gain an extra 50m.

So sometimes you can upgrade a piece instead of moving closer, if it helps more.
Unfortunately it wont show you obstructions at the extended range (since it doesn't draw the line passed 300m until one tower within range is upgraded), which has bit me in the ass a few times. So plan accordingly.

Also protip (that i wish i learned way sooner), only tree trunks count as obstuctions. You can zip though almost any forest provided you can can find a path free of tree-trunks. Makes zipping through those sections even more fun too!

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little disappointed the Heartman cutscene wasn't done in real time. Or if it was, goddamn those 40 minutes flew by.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. hold out the zipline. And look back at the one you want to connect to. And it'll have the meter gauge by it. So you can keep walking back (make sure not to fall of a cliff. LMAO) to see how far you can go before you put it down.
I'm a little disappointed the Heartman cutscene wasn't done in real time. Or if it was, goddamn those 40 minutes flew by.
It was real time.

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Hey OT, any of you know where I can find a high resolution version of Shinkawa's art of Fragile?

This is the only I can find.

eh3kior3tqj21.jpg

Jan 10, 2018
Legit watching these ending cut scenes drag on saying the same thing over and over again for two hours is one of the lowest points of playing video games ive ever experienced. Honestly.

Yeah. It was the first time a video game gave me the feeling of slowly going insane. I went from shouting at the tv to laughing and almost crying. I couldn't believe what I was experiencing.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Are you sure? I've seen a red line that's 310m. Level 1 both sides. This was when trying to place the line.
They mean if you moving beyond 300m to place the tower that will BECOME the 350 anchor, when viewing the 300m one you'll be connecting to, past 300m it won't show a line and if it's ambiguous whether the connection might be slightly obstructed, there's no way to tell beyond placing it to find out.

It doesn't draw the line unless you're connecting to something that is ALREADY upgrade. If you've got two level 1 towers, move passed 300m and the line disappears.
What I meant was, when looking at a lvl1 zip line form +300, if it was obstructed I thought a little red cross appeared by the meter distance.

It does not, just checked, must have been thinking of something else.

Carbon

Oct 27, 2017
They mean if you moving beyond 300m to place the tower that will BECOME the 350 anchor, when viewing the 300m one you'll be connecting to, past 300m it won't show a line and if it's ambiguous whether the connection might be slightly obstructed, there's no way to tell beyond placing it to find out.

What I meant was, when looking at a lvl1 zip line form +300, if it was obstructed I thought a little red cross appeared by the meter distance.

It does not, just checked, must have been thinking of something else.
You might have been linking to one that was already upgraded, maybe? In that case, the line will draw out to 350m and still show the red X's for obstructions.

Did anyone find out if two level 2 zips can share their range to bring it up to 400? Seems like they should.
Just tested it, 350m is indeed max, does not matter if both towers are upgraded or not.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As amazings as the game looks, RDR2 is still the king when it comes to graphics this gen...

Only because of the scale, cities full of people and the wildlife.

Charactermodels are way better in DS and the world itself looks a tad better in DS aswell imo but that's only because the world is almost empty.

So i would concur that RDR2 looks better as a whole package but DS has parts that are even better looking.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You might have been linking to one that was already upgraded, maybe? In that case, the line will draw out to 350m and still show the red X's for obstructions.

And just tested it, 350m is indeed max, does not matter if both towers are upgraded or not.
No, I wasn't thinking of the same X that appears in between you and the tower. I was thinking of a small x literally on the meter sign which never existed at all. Not sure why I thought it did...

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Just got to chapter 9. Still enjoying the game.

Wish they made zip lines like the did the auto pavers, where the route is already predetermined. As of right now there are so many shit zip line routes on my game from other players that are totally useless to me, not to mention other structures that are pointlessly placed.
Hopefully if there is a part 2 they refine the building make it more liner in terms of where they can be placed.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
After you hook up the Timefall Farm, you get an email from the Distribution Centre guy asking you to bring him some beer - it's one of the yellow, special delivery ones. Take the Order for Sam from the farm, deliver it to the distro centre, and you should have beer in your room.

But I did that and probably rested there afterwards even and still nothing. Is it only in that facility anyway or everywhere?

When you get the farm to a certain amount of stars in delivery's I thibk

That must be it then. I probably don't even have 3 stars there yet.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Platinum'd it last night. 86 hours. Would've been sooner had I realised the Legend of Legends rank for standard orders can only be achieved on Hard mode!

One of the few games I've carried on playing post review period, and even though it's finished, I want to go back and do more. Brilliant game.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Just got to chapter 9. Still enjoying the game.

Wish they made zip lines like the did the auto pavers, where the route is already predetermined. As of right now there are so many shit zip line routes on my game from other players that are totally useless to me, not to mention other structures that are pointlessly placed.
Hopefully if there is a part 2 they refine the building make it more liner in terms of where they can be placed.

You can dismantle from your game those you don't like. But that may be a crappy solution, I haven't got to that part yet, I'm just before, so I don't know if traversing all the environment just for that would be worth it.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Platinum'd it last night. 86 hours. Would've been sooner had I realised the Legend of Legends rank for standard orders can only be achieved on Hard mode!

One of the few games I've carried on playing post review period, and even though it's finished, I want to go back and do more. Brilliant game.
How did you manage to get the platinum in 86 hours only? I read you need at least 135 hours or so.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
How did you manage to get the platinum in 86 hours only? I read you need at least 135 hours or so.

Did the main story in just under 40 with a few side missions thrown in, and focused on getting the facilities leveled up afterward. Put down a shitton of zip lines, and hammered through every other trophy. Used a map for the memory chips.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But I did that and probably rested there afterwards even and still nothing. Is it only in that facility anyway or everywhere?

That must be it then. I probably don't even have 3 stars there yet.
After you do the Order For Sam to bring some up to the distribution center, you'll get an email from him saying he send some to your room. I don't know what triggers the email though.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Only because of the scale, cities full of people and the wildlife.

Charactermodels are way better in DS and the world itself looks a tad better in DS aswell imo but that's only because the world is almost empty.

So i would concur that RDR2 looks better as a whole package but DS has parts that are even better looking.

Yeah this is the way I see it.

RDR2s strengths relative to DS are the handcrafted nature of the world, the very showy lighting system and the incredible LoD. DS has better terrain geometry and better character models. To me, RDR2 is a masterclass of current gen tech, whereas some aspects of DS feel like glimpses of what I expect next gen, in particular the terrain modelling. It really is a noticible step above RDR2 and pretty much any other open world game in this regard. On balance, I would put DS above RDR2 in terms of graphics, but RDR2 just has such a well implimented lighting system.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Can someone explain Resins and recycling to me? Whenever i try to recycle them it says that there's no more room and that the extras will be trashed basically. Im not sure what's full though.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You can dismantle from your game those you don't like. But that may be a crappy solution, I haven't got to that part yet, I'm just before, so I don't know if traversing all the environment just for that would be worth it.
It is worth just dismantling othe player zipline and setting up your own fir the most part.

Most I've seen are not very well placed. You should be climbing peaks and placing them as high as you can and as close to max range as possible, roo many in see at lower points with nowhere near max range between them. They tend to just clutter and confuse, even if the occasional one or two might work out.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Can someone explain Resins and recycling to me? Whenever i try to recycle them it says that there's no more room and that the extras will be trashed basically. Im not sure what's full though.
Each place has a limit on how much materials it can hold. The more stars you get by delivering stuff to them raises the limit. So recycling more materials than can't be stored results in you basically throwing the excess away. I don't remember if there's a way to check how full it is. The UI menus are the worst :/