• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
A hardcore survival mode for this game would be PERFECT.
I've been thinking about this since I started the game. Needing to eat/drink/sleep/urinate and defecate apart from the added bonuses those systems give you would add so much to the experience. I'm honeslty a bit disappointed that you can only drink monster and eat cryptobiotes, imagine having to actually pack and plan for food and shelter for your route, and added benefits/effects of certain food and drink. Could even add a morale meter to give further need for bathing and resting in private rooms rather than in the field.
The game already has a strong emphasis on logistics and preparedness, but outside some environments a few of the systems are just too easy to ignore. My favorite moments in the game have been when I'm struggling to truck through unfamiliar areas, not knowing how I'm going to make it to the delivery point and coming across a structure or item left behind by other porters that just barely give me what I need to scrape by.
The more in depth with upkeep systems the better in my opinion, especially for an optional mode. This style of gameplay has so much potential, and KojiPro has barely tapped the surface of what they could do with a game like this.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I couldn't agree more.

Andwhile I get wanting more barbed challenge I think calling the game too easy is very reductive of the depth of the sandbox style gameplay, but then preference is fine.

I will add that even if the game is easy, it makes me feel like it's easy because I planned well and did something clever or someone helped me with a stellar bridge/generator/time shelter. That's the right kind of easy.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about this since I started the game. Needing to eat/drink/sleep/urinate and defecate apart from the added bonuses those systems give you would add so much to the experience. I'm honeslty a bit disappointed that you can only drink monster and eat cryptobiotes, imagine having to actually pack and plan for food and shelter for your route, and added benefits/effects of certain food and drink. Could even add a morale meter to give further need for bathing and resting in private rooms rather than in the field.
The game already has a strong emphasis on logistics and preparedness, but outside some environments a few of the systems are just too easy to ignore. My favorite moments in the game have been when I'm struggling to truck through unfamiliar areas, not knowing how I'm going to make it to the delivery point and coming across a structure or item left behind by other porters that just barely give me what I need to scrape by.
The more in depth with upkeep systems the better in my opinion, especially for an optional mode. This style of gameplay has so much potential, and KojiPro has barely tapped the surface of what they could do with a game like this.
I would actually HATE managing that stuff during my first playtrough, it would make the game incredibly tedious for me. I would like it as an optional survival mode DLC or something, but I am very glad they went the design route they did.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I don't know man, I didn't have much trouble with the game but trekking got really intense some times and I sweated for my cargo and tools many times. Regarding BT's and MULE's, I tried to avoid the as much as I could, BT's were fun and short for me and only got dragged once outside of mandatory moments but getting away was always a preferred tactic imo.

MULE's... I don't know, first I tried to stealth beat them out but I got discovered every time and got my ass kicked so again, I decided to avoid them as well. Once I got enough weaponry I noticed I could take them fairly easy but even then I had more fun finding ways to avoid the encounters than fighting, and I felt it more in context with the story.

I don't know if it was due to me playing on hard but I don't think so.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I'm playing this on Very Easy and I can run through enemy camps or even BT areas (pressing square when I get caught). It still feels like a slog to do so much crazy backtracking. I can't imagine how people play this in any other difficulty and have to deal with the same scenarios and obstacles over and over and over. Great cutscenes though and I love the crazy vibe - just wish it was a movie to be honest.
the game is piss easy even on hard.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
the game is piss easy even on hard.
The challenge is in the planning, a creative challenge. The game is like a canvass in that regard, traditional difficulty is no the only way to engage.

It's fine if you don't find it engaging, but stating "it's piss easy" like it's a condemning insight is pretty silly, imo. This game doesn't even have deaths as such (outside of a few encounters).

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
OK. Reached and started Chapter 5.

Need some help and guidance from y'all.

So. Zip Lines are available now and I can see how with some judicious placement, you can make a zip-line route from point A to point B which will be *much* quicker than using vehicles. Is this an avenue that's worth pursuing ?

Currently in the story

I just delivered blood pack to the settlement on the far left of the map and am about to go southern area now

I really didn't see much/any zip lines in the region so far, so guessing none of my strand contracted people are there yet.

Also, what is the fastest way to increase zip lines to level 2 ?

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
The challenge is in the planning, a creative challenge. The game is like a canvass in that regard, traditional difficulty is no the only way to engage.

It's fine if you don't find it engaging, but stating "it's piss easy" like it's a condemning insight is pretty silly, imo. This game doesn't even have deaths as such (outside of a few encounters).
I managed to get a game over taking a really large fall once lol.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

So. Zip Lines are available now and I can see how with some judicious placement, you can make a zip-line route from point A to point B which will be *much* quicker than using vehicles. Is this an avenue that's worth pursuing ?

Currently in the story

I just delivered blood pack to the settlement on the far left of the map and am about to go southern area now

I really didn't see much/any zip lines in the region so far, so guessing none of my strand contracted people are there yet.

Zip lines are not essential, but you are going to slog through the mountain at first whether you utilize them or not.

So you may as well se then up as you go, as once installed they mean you can traverse the entire thing in a matter of minutes.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Zip lines are not essential, but you are going to slog through the mountain at first whether you utilize them or not.

So you may as well se then up as you go, as once installed they mean you can traverse the entire thing in a matter of minutes.

Got it.

Gonna stock up on Lv 2 PCCs and start plonking them ~300 meters to my next journey.

Lyonaz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I think the Zip lines is like one of the structures that don't get shared completely, because it would make the game too easy. You still need to make your own network. At most you get a few from others and then they don't connect to anything.
I have fun building my own network though.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017

Currently in the story

Regarding ziplines, get as many of the peaks in the mountains connected. When done you should pretty much have a circle pattern network from peak to peak. From there connect each peak to its nearest vendor.

At chapter 5 you may not have the bandwidth or the network coverage to get it all done but regardless that is how you typically want to setup your mt knot zipline network.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Got it.

Gonna stock up on Lv 2 PCCs and start plonking them ~300 meters to my next journey.
Remember, upgrading to lvl2 adds 50 meteres of range. So while it would be a nightmare upgrading all, you would only actually need to upgrade every other one to take the benefit.

And that would be a lot of work too, but keep it in mind if you really need that extra range on a specific placement.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
Is anyone who has finished it able to give me a rough idea of how much I have left?

My playtime is around 55 hours, and I've

just got back from World War 2. I'm about to take Mama's body to Heartman

I really don't want this thing to end any time soon.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is anyone who has finished it able to give me a rough idea of how much I have left?

My playtime is around 55 hours, and I've

just got back from World War 2. I'm about to take Mama's body to Heartman

I really don't want this thing to end any time soon.
I shouldn't have clicked on that spoiler.... i just started episode 5

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
I like this idea. I was finding myself never pooping or peeing let alone showering very often and haven't had any issues.

edit* myself as in Sam P B

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would actually HATE managing that stuff during my first playtrough, it would make the game incredibly tedious for me. I would like it as an optional survival mode DLC or something, but I am very glad they went the design route they did.
Yep, that's the last thing I want for this game. If they can do some DLC for people that would enjoy that, it would be fine.

Oct 27, 2017

Currently in the story

I spent ages building roads from lake knot to south knot and west upto the mountain distribution centre. Aaand now I don't use them. I've got every where up there linked up by zip lines right down to south knot! It's just so much faster, although you're limited to smaller deliveries. And a couple of the non story preppers can be a real PITA getting them to agree to join the network.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
BAhTVPU.gif

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'm getting a bit frustrated trying to unlock the long-range truck. The Distribution Center South of Lake Knot City is just shy of 5-stars and the Lv.1 version of the truck was already supposed to have been unlocked according to every online guide I checked.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I've never used Spotify on my PS4, but I feel this game will be a great match to it when doing side content. Imma make a playlist thats all melancholic jamz from Cudi, xxx, sad Kanye, trilogy weeknd and heartbreak Drake

EDIT: well, I guess not. Apparently the whole game blocks spotify, what a damn shame

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
So I was going to wait for a sale but last night when I went to pick up Fallen Order I had enough left over credit to pickup another game so I got the special edition of Death Stranding. I'm not far in, maybe a couple hours but so far I'm not regretting it one bit. I love the production values, as well as the visuals and even the gameplay. This is like the ultimate walking simulator (which is a good thing). I love how detailed everything is and all the stuff you can do as well as the shared world stuff. Maybe it will wear thin the longer I play but so far I'm really into this.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that's gonna do it for me, I'm almost up to 5 stars from him too and the 4-star rank got me an upgraded speed skeleton. Is this shit completely random?!
It's not random, speed skeleton was from Junk Dealer.

Can you show us your fabrication menu for vehicles? Needs to be at a facility with a garage.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
It is Friday!!!!

Time to head home, pick up some Monster, take a shower and play for HOURS and HOURS!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
It's not random, speed skeleton was from Junk Dealer.

Can you show us your fabrication menu for vehicles? Needs to be at a facility with a garage.
Not at the moment as I'm not home. But my vehicle menu has the floating cargo carrier and 4 versions of the trike, meanwhile my Distribution Center South of Lake Knot City is a tiny bit away from 5*.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I've never used Spotify on my PS4, but I feel this game will be a great match to it when doing side content. Imma make a playlist thats all melancholic jamz from Cudi, xxx, sad Kanye, trilogy weeknd and heartbreak Drake

EDIT: well, I guess not. Apparently the whole game blocks spotify, what a damn shame
THAT sucks. I had planned to try it out as well. Really odd decision.

So I was going to wait for a sale but last night when I went to pick up Fallen Order I had enough left over credit to pickup another game so I got the special edition of Death Stranding. I'm not far in, maybe a couple hours but so far I'm not regretting it one bit. I love the production values, as well as the visuals and even the gameplay. This is like the ultimate walking simulator (which is a good thing). I love how detailed everything is and all the stuff you can do as well as the shared world stuff. Maybe it will wear thin the longer I play but so far I'm really into this.

Just you wait until you begin to unlock things.

psykomyko

Oct 27, 2017
The Novelist's Son is so annoying with his like cap limits. I just delivered a shit ton of things to him only for it to refuse to increase, feels like such a wasted effort. I tackled TWO camps for you dude, two!! Join the UCA already dang it. >:((
I was dealing with the same thing, but I read his two emails he gives you and then went to sleep, then did another order for him and that brought him onto the network. Not sure if that is what actually triggers that for him, but that is what happened for me.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
This might be dumb, but has anyone seen cake on their private room table before? I saw it yesterday and can't remember which location it was, but it's not there now.

yesterday was my birthday, I'm not sure if that's what triggered it

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. I have like 4 or 5 places left to 5*. I'm only on chapter 5 though cause I just enjoy fucking around in the sandbox so much.
Oh okay. I was just wondering where you were running in to issues with bandwidth. Hasn't been something I've run in to yet so I was wonder if it was coming up.

Is that different from getting an S ranking?
Well each time you do deliveries to a place it fills a bar of stars, and that caps at 5. You get various unlocks along the way and more chiral bandwidth for each level.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
This might be dumb, but has anyone seen cake on their private room table before? I saw it yesterday and can't remember which location it was, but it's not there now.

yesterday was my birthday, I'm not sure if that's what triggered it

I mean, do you have any other working theories lol