• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a question, ERA:

Die-hardman told me that Fragile is in the Distribution Center South of Lake Knot City. I even see her icon on the terminal, but I don't know how I can talk to her. Die-hardman implied I could talk with her, so...

Posting on new page. I would like to avoid missing story content.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Does anyone know when MULEs respawn? Is it when you use a private room?

I cleared a camp the other night, but had to switch off so I retreated to a safe zone and saved/quit. Went back to the camp the following evening and found all the MULEs still lying unconscious. This was pretty cool! But it left me wandering when the game actually repopulates areas with enemies.

Haha thank you, I didnt know any of that was possible!

Also, should I be throwing away my used Hematic Grenadss and such?
Do you mean the case? You can take the used case back to a base and get it recycled, if you can be bothered.

Also re the trike: If you put it on an elevator while loaded with cargo, then send it to the garage (for repair, etc.), the cargo will get moved to your private storage.
I gave myself a fright the first time I repaired one, but it's all safe. I imagine the same goes for trucks, too.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The one the IGN reviewer mentioned about "an hour long torturous trek through the mountains" took me a grand total of 13 minutes, it's really hard to take these cats seriously after experiencing it myself.
i will say that the reason it was so fast for me was because there was a lot of player made vehicles around. where you start that mission you aren't at a location where you can fabricate vehicles and, depending on the route you take, it's a long way to go to get to a location that *does* have vehicles

i can absolutely see in a prerelease environment where the world isn't as densely populated with items and bikes it could take an hour, if not longer

it's easy to forget that the worlds that we're playing are not the same as the ones the reviewers were

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Well I got a bit annoyed by them and killed 6 in about a 10 yard radius of each other.

Die Hardman called to tell me I need to dispose of the bodies. I left them there cause I wasnt about to haul six bodies across the map. A few hours later Deadman call to let me know the bodies are gonna pop soon and i need to dispose of them quick. Again, I'm not hauling all those bodies so I left them. Now I'm waiting to see what happens when they pop. Sorry about no definitive answer.
So any voidout yet?

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
So I just got to the first uplink, is lost cargo going to always involve backtracking? I'm not sure if I going to deal with it if I have to spend the whole time walking back and forth between two points lol.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
So I just got to the first uplink, is lost cargo going to always involve backtracking? I'm not sure if I going to deal with it if I have to spend the whole time walking back and forth between two points lol.
yeah you can only find lost cargo for places you've already visited. i wouldn't worry about it unless you see some while you're already on the way to the place you're going. it's just for bonus likes which aren't totally necessary unless you're trying to give star every location

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Had my first colossal fuck up

trying to scale down a cliff and being too stubborn to waste the climbing ropes, falling over, twice then free-falling 50 meters down a ravine into the water, scrambling to get my cargo, while trying to jump out of the water. then realising that the mission critical package is hanging off a ledge halfway up the mountain (it had dislodged while falling), so I try skyrim my way back up the cliff and while looking for the perfect place to use the one ladder i have.
just when I think I'm stuck, I see another player's climbing rope and finally get back to your package. So many mixed emotions.

disorientated, I open my map and realise I've been heading the wrong way the entire time. XD

True story. That's when I realised I loved this game.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
i will say that the reason it was so fast for me was because there was a lot of player made vehicles around. where you start that mission you aren't at a location where you can fabricate vehicles and, depending on the route you take, it's a long way to go to get to a location that *does* have vehicles

i can absolutely see in a prerelease environment where the world isn't as densely populated with items and bikes it could take an hour, if not longer

it's easy to forget that the worlds that we're playing are not the same as the ones the reviewers were

I think the trek might be talking about the backend of chapter 6.

Going from the Mountaineer -> Spirtualist, then having to meet Deadman in the shack that's in the middle of nowhere.

The spiritualist part has a whiteout hit so you're walking in heavy snow against the wind up a bunch of steep hills, then it's another decent trek up another mountain.

That's definitely a good bit of just walking. That chapter in general is going to be really brutal to anyone not constantly setting up ziplines, I dunno if I was unlucky or not but I hit a TON of BT areas also.

I personally liked the chapter but I see people not feeling the game throughout chapter 3 getting damn near broken by 5/6.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

trying to scale down a cliff and being too stubborn to waste the climbing ropes, falling over, twice then free-falling 50 meters down a ravine into the water, scrambling to get my cargo, while trying to jump out of the water. then realising that the mission critical package is hanging off a ledge halfway up the mountain (it had dislodged while falling), so I try skyrim my way back up the cliff and while looking for the perfect place to use the one ladder i have.
just when I think I'm stuck, I see another player's climbing rope and finally get back to your package. So many mixed emotions.

disorientated, I open my map and realise I've been heading the wrong way the entire time. XD

Lol!!!!!!! Shit happens.
I love stories like this. My stubbornness not to whip out a ladder has cost me many tumbles down various mountain sides.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I just went through that section myself, it was super rough.
I ended up going straight through BT territory - on the way down I didn't have the cargo so I just mad dashed and fought them off, but on the way back up I crouched and held my breath and slowly snuck through. You can't see where the BTs are but as long as you crouch and hold your breath as much as you can as you go, it should be fine. And just cut the cords of any BTs you chance upon as you go. It's slow going, but it's what I did and it worked out alright.
My save is at the doctor with 50 minuts remaining (I used the floating cargo carrier to snowboard down the mountaineer's mountain). But getting back is fucking garbage with this shit-ass Elder Scrolls-tier climbing.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
yeah you can only find lost cargo for places you've already visited. i wouldn't worry about it unless you see some while you're already on the way to the place you're going. it's just for bonus likes which aren't totally necessary unless you're trying to give star every location
Okay thanks, I'm like how am I so posed to get on with the story if I'm doing nothing but walking back and forth between the same two locations.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I think the trek might be talking about the backend of chapter 6.

Going from the Mountaineer -> Spirtualist, then having to meet Deadman in the shack that's in the middle of nowhere.

The spiritualist part has a whiteout hit so you're walking in heavy snow against the wind up a bunch of steep hills, then it's another decent trek up another mountain.

That's definitely a good bit of just walking. That chapter in general is going to be really brutal to anyone not constantly setting up ziplines, I dunno if I was unlucky or not but I hit a TON of BT areas also.

I personally liked the chapter but I see people not feeling the game throughout chapter 3 getting damn near broken by 5/6.
oh, you're right. i conflated it with another review

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Does anybody know if you can listen to your music while on deliveries or just in your private room?

Also how do i trade with another porter?

The worth of a review is not based on gamer™ powerlevels.
My point is these guys making an absolute mess of their playthrough and then blaming it on the game. The guy said he did the delivery in 13mins and it took ign over and hour.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My point is these guys making an absolute mess of their playthrough and then blaming it on the game. The guy said he did the delivery in 13mins and it took ign over and hour.

It's INCREDIBLY easy to get screwed by that mission if you don't make a very specific setup. And I think they were referring to a different section anyway.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
Do other players help build roads on your seed? Like is it possible to have an areas roads filled up if you dont log on for a couple days?

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I'm around 20 hours in, just did the junkyard bit. Loving this game, but holy molly the acting on that one character was not something I was able to appreciate...

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
Is literally the entire game now based around this mountain range? if so i may pack it in because it is not enjoyable for me at all

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017

When I first trekked up to the Wind Farm I circled around the area twice before getting back out. I thought I had this sweet route planned out, dropping ladders and rope thinking it'd help the next player, turned marginally to my left and saw the Wind Farm right in front me and thought are you fucking serious?

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm around 20 hours in, just did the junkyard bit. Loving this game, but holy molly the acting on that one character was not something I was able to appreciate...
I don't get this. It's something I've read a lot in this thread. She has a Japanese accent because she couldn't speak any English until five years prior when her adopted mother took her in.

GReeeeN

Senior Analyst at GSD
Verified
Mar 6, 2018
does rain ever stop (is it dynamic?) or is it locked to specific areas of the map?

i noticed that very specific zones of the map get rain continuously and it doesnt seem to stop unless you continue into the next zone.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
man this clicked for me, 10/10 up there with mario 64, dmc 1, hollow knight etc. my favorite sci fi game for sure, the aesthetic is stunning. yes it can be janky, too easy, a bit of a slog at times, but it just feels fresh which is rare, you can be creative and progression is well done and rewarding. what a foundation to build on for a sequel.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I don't get this. It's something I've read a lot in this thread. She has a Japanese accent because she couldn't speak any English until five years prior when her adopted mother took her in.
Yeah, I know. I have heard many Japanese people speaking in broken English (I live in JP so I've had my share of broken English spoken to me). You can still have a bit of emotion in there while speaking, specially given the situation.

I didn't directly say it was bad, though... just not something I could appreciate :P

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes the game's use of licensed music is sublime, and sometimes it feels like there'a a LOW ROAR fire sale and everything must go.
It just dumped two tracks on me, in a row, on the way to an entirely unremarkable prepper in an area I've previously visited. One of the tracks got a chance to play for a few seconds because I wasn't going to slow down and pretend that something meaningful was happening on this featureless dirt road.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
A bit random but i got MGS 5's song "Nuclear" in my youtube recommendations, and listening to it now, was Kojima thinking of Death Stranding when he was using that song? it has a surprising amount of similarities to Death Stranding in its lyrics.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Sometimes the game's use of licensed music is sublime, and sometimes it feels like there'a a LOW ROAR fire sale and everything must go.
It just dumped two tracks on me, in a row, on the way to an entirely unremarkable prepper in an area I've previously visited. One of the tracks got a chance to play for a few seconds because I wasn't going to slow down and pretend that something meaningful was happening on this featureless dirt road.

I had one song that didn't give an f and continued playing while I got to a bunker in the mountain, stopped when I activated the terminal and resumed when I left.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lol!!!!!!! Shit happens.
I love stories like this. My stubbornness not to whip out a ladder has cost me many tumbles down various mountain sides.
Yep, I don't know why i'm so conservative about them considering it's so cheap to make.
For some reason things going sideways is where the game seems to really shine.

When I first trekked up to the Wind Farm I circled around the area twice before getting back out. I thought I had this sweet route planned out, dropping ladders and rope thinking it'd help the next player, turned marginally to my left and saw the Wind Farm right in front me and thought are you fucking serious?
haha, yep. i had a few moments like that.

reached episode 10. fucking hell.
kojima is a master troll.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

You probably should stop caring about lost cargo after or around chapter 2, it's an early mechanic that loses importance once you start getting side missions.

Volkama

Oct 30, 2017
Speaking of music, Low Roar - Patience hasn't been added to my player after chapter 3 started. Is that normal?