• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Dear god. This mission is fucking annoying. I'm out in the middle of nowhere, used up all my Grenades and now this guy wants me to hand carry an hourglass to some woman and it's though BT territory and I'm also out of stamina (nowhere to sleep here) so Sam falls down and the hourglass shatters Repeatedly. Fuck me.
Drinking a Monster Energy in your inventory refills your stamina meter.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Do your the signs you put down disappear? Been putting down speed up signs on the road to south knot city but got to lake knot and most of my signs were gone? Is there a limit?

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Question for those who have beaten the game about how much I have left.

I'm on Chapter 8, and I'm doing the mission to deliver the containers to the potential chiral relay construction site.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how far you can get away from a vehicle before it disappears on you?

For example, I beat a mule camp and there's a shit load of materials so I want to pack up two trucks and bring them to the Engineer camp. Leave one there and bring the other to Lake Knot to dump some stuff. Will the 2nd vehicle still be at the Engineer camp or would it have despawned?

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The first time I used a zip-line I jizzed in my pants. Ever since, I have been covering my world in them. :D

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how far you can get away from a vehicle before it disappears on you?

For example, I beat a mule camp and there's a shit load of materials so I want to pack up two trucks and bring them to the Engineer camp. Leave one there and bring the other to Lake Knot to dump some stuff. Will the 2nd vehicle still be at the Engineer camp or would it have despawned?
The distance for vehicles is pretty high, but the problem is you'll lose the cargo in them after like 600m or something

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Please tell me after you're done with roads there's nothing else that requires boat loads of material.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You can load cargo onto the reverse trike, but not the long-range, as the luggage racks already have batteries (for range) mounted on them

Thank ya, I did actually get answered this earlier 😄! Turns out since I have the mule truck parked in the loading elevator I could not see the description of the two kinds of bikes. The more you know! Any keep on fighting the good fight and rebuilding the connections between all of us!
👍👍👍👍👍

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The one the IGN reviewer mentioned about "an hour long torturous trek through the mountains" took me a grand total of 13 minutes, it's really hard to take these cats seriously after experiencing it myself.

Were they just not utilising the relevant tools or something? Or upgraded versions of them etc? Just bizzare that something that took you 13mins could have taken IGN one hour lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Were they just not utilising the relevant tools or something? Or upgraded versions of them etc? Just bizzare that something that took you 13mins could have taken IGN one hour lol.
Yea I call bullshit on anything taking an hour on foot in the mountains. Maybe if you're not using any upgraded legs or are carrying weight above max? But you'd be pretty stupid to do that.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never meant it in a don't play it way. Just that it was a very good video.

To be fair. Peace Walker. Was just Monster Hunter with a MGS skin.

Though at the time. I had never played a Monster Hunter game. And i was saying "what the fuck is this ?!?!?!?" 😆
Well yeah, and it worked well enough in PW

But here and MGSV are so aaaaaaaawful with it

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I
Killed a MULE. And took the body to be incinerated. It worked out as it was on the way anyway.

What happens if you don't do so?

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
I am in love with this game. I just carried the hourglass woman home along the red beach. Gotta put it down and get some sleep.

My only complaint is the amount of those tiny cutscenes (BT encounters, recycling, showering, etc.), but I'm sure this has been brought up tons of times already.

Schlauchkopf

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Where is the garage? I'm on ch2, havent gotten to Port Knot City yet
It's the elevator that leads to your private rooms in any base that has those, just park your bike on there and then you can access the garage via the terminal. Entering your private room while having the bike parked there repairs it.

Note that at this point your options are limited, you won't find other players bikes in the garage, and you can't create new ones either, so if your bike gets fully destroyed at this point, that's it.

Oct 29, 2017
It's the elevator that leads to your private rooms in any base that has those, just park your bike on there and then you can access the garage via the terminal. Entering your private room while having the bike parked there repairs it.

Note that at this point your options are limited, you won't find other players bikes in the garage, and you can't create new ones either, so if your bike gets fully destroyed at this point, that's it.

Haha thank you, I didnt know any of that was possible!

Also, should I be throwing away my used Hematic Grenadss and such?

Oct 2, 2018
I am in love with this game. I just carried the hourglass woman home along the red beach. Gotta put it down and get some sleep.

My only complaint is the amount of those tiny cutscenes (BT encounters, recycling, showering, etc.), but I'm sure this has been brought up tons of times already.

they're alll skippable btw, but yes - its annoying that they don't let you have a master "turn off" option. maybe there is but I havent seen it.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm maybe a dozen hours in and... I really don't know how to feel. Extraordinary level of quality, but it's just... I wish I didn't have to play it to experience it.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Yea I call bullshit on anything taking an hour on foot in the mountains. Maybe if you're not using any upgraded legs or are carrying weight above max? But you'd be pretty stupid to do that.
It really feels like back then with Alien Isolation, when they played it "wrong". Some ways in the mountain can be difficult, but even with having problems, it's just impossible to need an hour. Must be the impatience, some people have when something does not work immediately as it was planned.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
I just spent two hours building a couple of roads lol. The game mentioned that I can share my structures so people can contribute to them but I didnt see how, can any one explain how please?

Got all the roads done last night. Today i spent about 6 hours setting up zip lines in the mountains. Started at the South Knot Distribution Center and connected to the Farm, went up from the farm to the Weather Station, then the Robotics, then linked all the peaks in the mountains and from there connected those peaks to each vendor from in the mountains.
Set it up so if i wanted to go from the Doctor to the Artist over at the tar pits, i can do so without using the roads up north, basically a straight zip line across the map.
All thats left for me is to zip line all other vendors but i really don't have to because the rest are pretty accessible from the roads.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just reached Mama's place....I think I'm going to it this game down. I'm just tired of it at this point.

Are you done for today or are you quitting definitely? If it's the latter, I strongly recommend you to keep playing a bit more...

Question for those who have beaten the game about how much I have left.

I'm on Chapter 8, and I'm doing the mission to deliver the containers to the potential chiral relay construction site.

I'm on the same chapter, and I too would like to know how much I have left.

Maybe 10 or 12 hours of main story.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any tips for the Chapter 6 mission where you need to make it from the Mountaineer to the doctor and back in an hour? I don't have ziplines to the mountaineer yet, and I initially went over mountains near the terrorist camp to avoid BTs. This is getting ridiculous.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I watched basically all of trailers for this game, including the launch trailer which I totally regret watching.

Tell me. How spoiled am I? Will I even get surprised by anything new going forward?

Currently in Chapter 2, heading towards Port Knot City, while I absolutely love the game so far it feels like I've already seen everything.
That Central Knot City (Corpse Disposal) cutscene would've been 100x more incredible had I not watched it 20 times in the trailer already.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
they're alll skippable btw, but yes - its annoying that they don't let you have a master "turn off" option. maybe there is but I havent seen it.

Yeah, it's annoying how broken up they are too. The act of taking a shower is split into 4 tiny cut scenes which you have to skip each individually... then BT encounters (time slows, walk 5 feet, time slows again and flappy thing goes mad), etc.

Oct 2, 2018
It really feels like back then with Alien Isolation, when they played it "wrong". Some ways in the mountain can be difficult, but even with having problems, it's just impossible to need an hour. Must be the impatience, some people have when something does not work immediately as it was planned.

maybe they didnt get a power suit that helps them walk fast or something or approached it without ladders. who knows.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
then BT encounters (time slows, walk 5 feet, time slows again and flappy thing goes mad), etc.
im fine with all of the other cutscene stuff but this drives me mad

especially because the second cutscene thing really removes a lot of tension. if it was just the time slowing down to let you know you were near BTs then it'd be good because you would suddenly be in a suspenseful situation, but right now it just acts as a precursor to a longer, less subtle cutscene

i think it actively works against BT encounters

Aug 10, 2019

Get ready for the long haul. There should have been a setting that allows you to skip most of that stuff. Maybe a future patch.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019
im fine with all of the other cutscene stuff but this drives me mad

especially because the second cutscene thing really removes a lot of tension. if it was just the time slowing down to let you know you were near BTs then it'd be good because you would suddenly be in a suspenseful situation, but right now it just acts as a precursor to a longer, less subtle cutscene

i think it actively works against BT encounters
Agreed, I just want to avoid the B.T.'s altogether because of how much time it takes.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
The game has now hit legendary status. Probably over 10 hours and I've just reached the location called port knot City.

That moment when you climb the mountain, go under the archway and hit the crest of the hill. The magnificent view down to the port and the music was breathtaking.

The first 3 hours are epic. The next 5 or so are frustrating as you try to learn the systems, buttons and just generally what to do. Now that I'm over that stage it's really starting to shine.

The like system is brilliant. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and continue my journey.

The one the IGN reviewer mentioned about "an hour long torturous trek through the mountains" took me a grand total of 13 minutes, it's really hard to take these cats seriously after experiencing it myself.
They're an absolute disgrace. You think these so called Pro reviewers could at least play games properly. How can we take them seriously if they're not on our level? And I'm no pro but I can at least play properly.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
So I
Killed a MULE. And took the body to be incinerated. It worked out as it was on the way anyway.

What happens if you don't do so?
Well I got a bit annoyed by them and killed 6 in about a 10 yard radius of each other.

Die Hardman called to tell me I need to dispose of the bodies. I left them there cause I wasnt about to haul six bodies across the map. A few hours later Deadman call to let me know the bodies are gonna pop soon and i need to dispose of them quick. Again, I'm not hauling all those bodies so I left them. Now I'm waiting to see what happens when they pop. Sorry about no definitive answer.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have screwed up confirming a menu basically every single time I've accessed a menu.

I arrange cargo/pick settings/fabricate equipment/etc, think "okay I'm goo,d time to back out", and hit Circle to go back to the main screen like every other video game made in the last decade. But noooo it needs you to hold X for some reason.

This is my primary complaint with the video game after 8 or so hours.

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a question, ERA:

Die-hardman told me that Fragile is in the Distribution Center South of Lake Knot City. I even see her icon on the terminal, but I don't know how I can talk to her. Die-hardman implied I could talk with her, so...

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any tips for the Chapter 6 mission where you need to make it from the Mountaineer to the doctor and back in an hour? I don't have ziplines to the mountaineer yet, and I initially went over mountains near the terrorist camp to avoid BTs. This is getting ridiculous.
I just went through that section myself, it was super rough.
I ended up going straight through BT territory - on the way down I didn't have the cargo so I just mad dashed and fought them off, but on the way back up I crouched and held my breath and slowly snuck through. You can't see where the BTs are but as long as you crouch and hold your breath as much as you can as you go, it should be fine. And just cut the cords of any BTs you chance upon as you go. It's slow going, but it's what I did and it worked out alright.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Same artist who did Silver Case's Placebo art:

EJTj4GgUUAAWMGT

Schlauchkopf

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I have screwed up confirming a menu basically every single time I've accessed a menu.

I arrange cargo/pick settings/fabricate equipment/etc, think "okay I'm goo,d time to back out", and hit Circle to go back to the main screen like every other video game made in the last decade. But noooo it needs you to hold X for some reason.

This is my primary complaint with the video game after 8 or so hours.
This wouldn't even be so bad if they'd just ask "Do you want to save your changes?" when pressing circle instead of "Do you really want to cancel?".

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I got a bit annoyed by them and killed 6 in about a 10 yard radius of each other.

Die Hardman called to tell me I need to dispose of the bodies. I left them there cause I wasnt about to haul six bodies across the map. A few hours later Deadman call to let me know the bodies are gonna pop soon and i need to dispose of them quick. Again, I'm not hauling all those bodies so I left them. Now I'm waiting to see what happens when they pop. Sorry about no definitive answer.

Thats fine, just let me know what happens if you could?

The tips suggest it might end up a game over.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Game: I'll be waiting, Sam. Waiting for you. Come and find me.

Me: In Silent Hill?