• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I need help because I'm afraid of having to start this mission over. I'm about to deliver goods to South Knot.
A guy that's obviously Higgs is telling me to deliver what's obviously a bomb there and I'm supposed to have Fragile have a look at it first. How do I do that? She's supposedly in the South Knot distribution center but if I so much as put this thing in my locker I fail.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I need help because I'm afraid of having to start this mission over. I'm about to deliver goods to South Knot.
A guy that's obviously Higgs is telling me to deliver what's obviously a bomb there and I'm supposed to have Fragile have a look at it first. How do I do that? She's supposedly in the South Knot distribution center but if I so much as put this thing in my locker I fail.

Rest in your room at the distro.

OP
OP
Kindekuma

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Just take it with you and have it on your cargo when you go into the private room.

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the logic in not being able to establish exactly how much cargo trucks can hold without just loading up a bunch of shit and seeing when you hit the limit. I understand cargo comes in different sizes and as such takes up a different amount of space but its' a clunky way to handle things

Even if they just did something like "truck load is at 50% capacity....Truck load is at 75% capacity" would still be better than playing the guessing game
Turns out the two columns of lights on the back of your bridge truck shows you the capacity of what your carrying. Nice

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
what the hell?

I did three orders for the collector but the stars stopped filling up. I'm still at the same standing I had before doing the jobs :(((
Did I miss something??

Fucking smug looking bastard... sorry, I'm super pissed

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Ok quick help...

Where did all my cargo disappear in episode 7? I was told it is supposed to be in my private locker. But it isnt. Wth

Deleted member 19782

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what the hell?

I did three orders for the collector but the stars stopped filling up. I'm still at the same standing I had before doing the jobs :(((
Did I miss something??

Fucking smug looking bastard... sorry, I'm super pissed

Someone posted earlier the same case as you, just a different place. Looks like a bug.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Anyone go out of their way to dismantle incomplete bases / bridges that seem to be in completely useless spots?

Some of the zipline placements are so bad, lol.

For the roads it seems like massive numbers of materials needed to make it work if they aren't within the chiral network... or am I imagining this?

Oh and I don't know WHY they let you put stuff on the ramp, because sometimes I'll be coming to deliver cargo and a vehicle from whatever users is parked smack in the middle of the ramp >_<

Anyway, surfing down mountains on the hover thing is awesome. All it took was that one truck exploding to get me to try it and I'm hooked!

Oct 25, 2017
awesome, thank you. That is a bit clearer now. Hopefully you can bare with me for further questions.

So to clarify, when I recycle something it is then added to the claim menu? and I can then physically take it back that way? does it get repaired? What is the difference of storing something in a private locker versus recycling. Do stored materials in a locker not get used when fabricating something?

follow up question, sometimes when doing certain actions I increase the materials held at a facility.(Maybe just when I recycle?, so perhaps a redundant question) I dont really recall what the screen says. But shows the 3 icons and the increased numbers to the right in blue. Am I physically adding to the amount of materials at that particular facility? or just increasing the potential maximum amount of materials I could store at that facility?

And just remembering now. when I increase the amount of Chiral bandwidth in a region, is that just for me to build stuff, or does that mean I will see more online/shared structures in the area?

Yes, recycling adds it to the claim menu. Damaged goods give you a lesser value of material as opposed to something intact but it still gives you some value, so if you have room, lugging damaged good to recycle is worth it.

Think of a private locker like a private storage area with limited slots. You can store materials in it but its primary purpose is the storage of other items, like equipment, weapons etc. The recycle option allows you to store greater material amounts than the private locker does and avoids taking up private locker slots. Each facility has a cap on how many of a certain material it can store, so if you really wanted to, you could use both the private locker and the recycle option to store a significant amount of materials. Note that increasing the star rating of a facility increases how many materials it can store via the recycle option.

The blue numbers you are referencing occur when you recycle. The white numbers on that screen is the amount of materials you had. The blue numbers are your new totals, with each icon representing a material.

Chiral bandwidth is how many total structures you can build in any particular area. You shouldn't really run into a bandwidth issue. I haven't so far.

Oct 27, 2017
I freaking hate item management in this game. I'm always leaving stuff somewhere -because I can't possibly carry any more shit- only to never be able to retrieve said stuff later when I need it, because it may be on the other side of the country by then.

Maybe I'm not understanding it and I'm doing something wrong, but the game does a very poor job explaining all the over complicated systems in place for such a simple gameplay loop

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
Quick question: What's the golden boots icon that shows up next to things I built? Trying not to search online to avoid spoilers. For some reason things I build are like-phobic. Maybe it's some sort of bug? Close to zero likes in the past 2 days.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
That's messed up, my equipment is gone lol...
even thought deadman said he put it in my locker. Fuckeries :/

Yeh I know I can remake most if it, but a thing or 2 I cant.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question: What's the golden boots icon that shows up next to things I built? Trying not to search online to avoid spoilers. For some reason things I build are like-phobic. Maybe it's some sort of bug? Close to zero likes in the past 2 days.

That's either the legend or legend of legends thing. It's like a counter of premium deliveries you've done on normal or hard.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I freaking hate item management in this game. I'm always leaving stuff somewhere -because I can't possibly carry any more shit- only to never be able to retrieve said stuff later when I need it, because it may be on the other side of the country by then.

Maybe I'm not understanding it and I'm doing something wrong, but the game does a very poor job explaining all the over complicated systems in place for such a simple gameplay loop
You don't need to worry about leaving stuff. Fabricating items and tools insanely cheap.

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something about this game I've found is that it's like it has a mainline tap into my feelings of depression and anxiety. To the point where it can amplify them. I've avoided playing more DS for the past few days because of this.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
You all dont want that Devil Juice.
Based on your avatar, I don't trust you... You're trying to horde it all for yourself.

On monster..

Not sure if its exclusive to the UK but the Lewis Hamilton one is nice. Had one at work the other day.
I'll see if we have it here in the US, there are roughly 40 or so flavors at every gas station, kinda ridiculous.

This game is sofa king good.
I see what you did there, and I agree.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone go out of their way to dismantle incomplete bases / bridges that seem to be in completely useless spots?

For the roads it seems like massive numbers of materials needed to make it work if they aren't within the chiral network... or am I imagining this?

Oh and I don't know WHY they let you put stuff on the ramp, because sometimes I'll be coming to deliver cargo and a vehicle from whatever users is parked smack in the middle of the ramp >_<

Anyway, surfing down mountains on the hover thing is awesome. All it took was that one truck exploding to get me to try it and I'm hooked!
It's been talked about earlier, but specifically with Ziplines, you're only getting a few select zipline points dropped into your game. So a functional zipline network might not make much sense if it is only one isolated link in a long chain. Not saying there aren't some really dumb placements out there, but you're never getting the complete picture. I tried to place mine in mostly centralized places that could find multiple uses, but many of those placements probably wouldn't make much sense by themselves. I know the system is screwing me some of those placements too, because I've got some extremely convenient and centrally located zips with zero likes.

But yes, I will demolish really bad buildings that are in my way. Mostly just ignore ones that aren't though.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I finally beat episode 3. Is that the meatiest one? It feels like I've just about discovered almost everything the game has to offer and the rest of it will be more story focused. I could be wrong though. Episode 3 was just so massive that I'm ready to just focus on the story.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I finally beat episode 3. Is that the meatiest one? It feels like I've just about discovered almost everything the game has to offer and the rest of it will be more story focused. I could be wrong though. Episode 3 was just so massive that I'm ready to just focus on the story.

Both, story starts to pick up but you still get lots of gadgets and hours of just deliveries. (I'm n ep 7)

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017

During my session last night I started to feel like there were too many player-made things. It crossed from feeling populated to overcrowded, lol.

Bikes in the middle of the highway, bridges in random ass places, trucks stuck in ravines. Kinda felt like humans had ruined such a beautiful place.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Going from The Alpinist to that lady at the top of the mountain was one of the best experiences of this generation

I faced a blizzard on my way there, and I couldnt see a thing the whole time. Used 2 ladders, all of my canteen and the rest of my resources.

When I finally reached the top, it gave me such a great feeling of accomplishment.

This game, man. It's very unneven, but there are some moments of brilliance here