• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Wtb toggle for Subtitles Off during Cutscenes. At this point whenever I do a "main" quest I manually go in and turn them off before I do it, because they just really get in the way during them. Then I turn them back on for everything else.

Easily the #1 thing I want patched in most for this game - more Subtitle options.

Also I am obsessed with paving the Highway and can't stop.

waffleman

Oct 27, 2017
yuuuuup

it was a MULE truck, so I fear it's just gone into the netherworld. It's the cargo though... damn I could have completed a section of the road with that. 😭

I thought so. You can't store MULE trucks so you may be shit out of luck. However, I would still check the specific distro center you were near when the truck despawned. The materials might be in the private locker there. If not, then RIP.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
So .. in my last session, I successfully evaded a MULE ping while driving a truck basically FULL of cargo. I had to park near the mountain peak to go up to the Elder camp to deliver a shit ton of packages (which is very high up) and while I was coming back down, I noticed a bunch of Mules jacking my truck and taking it back to the nearest camp while I was running like a madman behind it.

Don't leave your shit unattended even if you think you're safe yo !

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
My heart kinda sank a little heading into Ch. 2 seeing what I ultimately have to accomplish in this game. But I hope it's a good journey.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I got the game on Redbox because I said too many negative things to not try the game.
Probably going to buy it and double dip on PC.
Has anybody felt like the game got worse after chapter 3?
other than the mountain chapter.
i wouldn't say worse, but chapter 3 is like the meat of the game. after that you're doing more of the same further along the map and just more story set pieces, so depending how you like those it'll be subjective whether it's better or worse or just more of the same

Oct 27, 2017
How is anyone getting so many likes from building roads? I built every section from the craftsman all the way down to South knot, took hours, and all I get are a few hundred likes! FML...

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty disappointed with one of the later boss fights
Using the strand to subdue Higgs was clunky and the MGS4-esque fight was kinda meh

I couldn't get it to work at all. I snuck up behind him with it out, hit R2 and it would never bind him. I ended up just punching the shit out of him.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Monster Energy private room marketing worked. I'm drinking maybe my second Monster Energy ever in an attempt to regain some energy after battling a cold.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
ok, trying to avoid spoilers, so not really reading much in these threads. But I do have some technical questions. i tried googling but only got a lot of spoilers, review articles and Metal Gear Solid compared to DS articles.

I usually play late at night and the game throws a lot of details at you, sometimes all at once, so excuse me if I missed something in the game. Also I am at work and dont have the game on me, so cant really double check terms and menus, so I might be wrong on some details.

But still trying to wrap my head around Resins and Metals and stuff. What should I be doing with these and how do I use them. I know you use them to craft and build stuff, but do I need them on my person to craft? I see that I improve or increase the amount of materials an area/facility can have. But whats that mean exactly? Does that mean I can store more metals I have found at these facilities lockers?, or that while out and about trekking I can just use the facilities materials in that area, or only when fabricating something when at the fcility? When I build and craft stuff am I using the facilities materials or materials I am physically carrying?

What about claiming materials from a facility? Right now, I have just left the materials there, since I am generally always full carry stuff and I dont know what to even do with the claimed stuff anyways. When I find materials out in the field, should I hold on to them, recycle them, store them in a private locker, shared locker? If I find another players materials, whats the best option? Deliver them, entrust to other players? recycle them? etc.

I think I have a lot of other questions but think this is enough for now.

I am maybe in chapter 2 or 3 in the game so no spoilers please. So far I am in the middle of the mission of
using Hermitic grenades for the first time on BTs.

When you're fabricating equipment at a terminal, you're using the materials that the facility has on hand. When you're out and about building or upgrading bridges, roads, etc. you have to have the materials with you. As far as I can tell you can claim as many materials are you want from a facility to go build stuff, but that that limits how many supplies and vehicles you can fabricate later. Generally when I find materials in the wild, assuming I have room, I'll pick it up and bring it to whatever destination I'm headed to and give it to them. Then I know I can come back and claim as much of it as I want later if I need to build something.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
if Chapter 9 isn't concentrated Kojima, nothing is. Just when everything was starting to become normal 😂

Draper

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Harrisburg, PA
So like
I figured pretty quickly to toss the bomb into the lake- what would've happened if I actually took it to the south knot city?

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Just when the fatigue started to crawl it's way back, Episode 9 - Hideo Kojima appeared.

giphy.webp

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Monster Energy private room marketing worked. I'm drinking maybe my second Monster Energy ever in an attempt to regain some energy after battling a cold.
It worked on me too... I had my first monster ever yesterday and will probably buy some for the weekend.

Its a small price to pay to be the most liked Porter out there.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of questions here so I'll try to address as much as I can:

Materials like metals and ceramics are used to craft and upgrade structures out in the world. They can also be used to craft tools via the fabricate equipment option at a facility.

Therefore, you need the materials with you to be able to fabricate equipment, upgrade or improve. The game will check for materials either at the facility if you are at one, or on you (or around you) if you are in the wild.

To repeat: you need materials with you in the wild. At facilities, you use the materials located at that facility.

If you have materials but nothing in the wild that you want to use them on, you can either store them in a postbox for later retrieval or use the recycle option at a facility to add the material to the facility total (which is used for the fabricate equipment option). Each facilities totals are independent dent of each other. Each post box is independent of each other.

Claiming materials is basically what you do when you want to carry materials with you in person to some place in the world to construct or improve something. So if you needed 400 metal to upgrade something and you had 400 metal at a facility, you could claim it (which would deduct it from the facility total) and then carry that material to whatever it is that needed it.

Thus, recycling at a facility or storing in a post box are the best options for dealing with excess materials as they allow you to retrieve them later.

awesome, thank you. That is a bit clearer now. Hopefully you can bare with me for further questions.

So to clarify, when I recycle something it is then added to the claim menu? and I can then physically take it back that way? does it get repaired? What is the difference of storing something in a private locker versus recycling. Do stored materials in a locker not get used when fabricating something?

follow up question, sometimes when doing certain actions I increase the materials held at a facility.(Maybe just when I recycle?, so perhaps a redundant question) I dont really recall what the screen says. But shows the 3 icons and the increased numbers to the right in blue. Am I physically adding to the amount of materials at that particular facility? or just increasing the potential maximum amount of materials I could store at that facility?

And just remembering now. when I increase the amount of Chiral bandwidth in a region, is that just for me to build stuff, or does that mean I will see more online/shared structures in the area?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Have to admit, this still isn't clicking for me. If I hadn't paid £50 for it I'm not sure I'd be trying so hard to like it, either. I managed to power up a bike and it's making traversal easier, but it still feels like nothing is actually happening. I'm just walking a lot, occasionally hiding from enemies I either can't see or can't fight, and watching a lot of cutscenes. The actual exploration is good, seeing what's over the next hill and stuff like that, but I'm not really having fun.

again...not every game is "fun". the notion that every game must be fun is completely ridiculous. maybe "games have to be fun" is the mantra for Nintendo but otherwise there are a ton of games that aren´t fun in a traditional sense yet they are great experiences

do the Ludens Fan questline and you will get emails that also speak about this.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
lol, this is what i mean, theres something not right, I've got about 2% of that amount for my network..

It feels super random. I made a ton of roads but only the first one really did anything, I got about 10K overnight and it seems to mostly have stopped since then, but I solo built most of the rest also and never got anything.

I have a random timefall shelter and a ladder somewhere getting a ton, but I also made a ton of super useful ziplines and only one of them has any traction. I have over 50K total likes now but the roads didn't end up doing much after the initial burst.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
How is anyone getting so many likes from building roads? I built every section from the craftsman all the way down to South knot, took hours, and all I get are a few hundred likes! FML...
I'm not sure how it works either... The first time i contributed towards a road (didn't even finish it, just donated a couple hundred Chiralium or whatever), I took a break for ~3 hours to watch a football game. When I loaded it up again and completed my next delivery, my Bridge Link level went from like 10 to 50, it was crazy. I have since completed a whole bunch of roads (some almost entirely by myself) and get a fraction of a fraction of the amount of likes I got before.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how it works either... The first time i contributed towards a road (didn't even finish it, just donated a couple hundred Chiralium or whatever), I took a break for ~3 hours to watch a football game. When I loaded it up again and completed my next delivery, my Bridge Link level went from like 10 to 50, it was crazy. I have since completed a whole bunch of roads (some almost entirely by myself) and get a fraction of a fraction of the amount of likes I got before.
Yeah same thing happened for me.

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I am almost done with
Central Region
and man, for a Japanese game, there is a ton of America patriotism. "America was a symbol of freedom and hope, the one that held the world together." Did not expect it from this game at all. Not that its a bad thing, just something I did not expect.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
I just spent two hours building a couple of roads lol. The game mentioned that I can share my structures so people can contribute to them but I didnt see how, can any one explain how please?

NickMitch

Nov 1, 2017
Pretty disappointed with one of the later boss fights
Using the strand to subdue Higgs was clunky and the MGS4-esque fight was kinda meh

The most blunt ham-fisted "this is a game about strands and peace - not guns/sticks and violence | and it isn't the last instance of this way overstaded metaphore

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Sam is starting to remind me of V, in how he hardly ever talks during crucial scenes where you think he'd have something to say, especially against Higgs.

Sam's silence makes more sense at least in respect to his character archetype, and he still talks a fair bit- like he probably talks more in the first few hours of the game than Venom does in the entire game.

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just spent two hours building a couple of roads lol. The game mentioned that I can share my structures so people can contribute to them but I didnt see how, can any one explain how please?

You need to have a certain "Bridge Link" (I think that was called) to be able to get that option. Once you do, open the map and hover over the structure you want people to contribute with. A button option should appear.

On monster..

Not sure if its exclusive to the UK but the Lewis Hamilton one is nice. Had one at work the other day.

Do you drink them just as Sam does?

Oct 27, 2017
My thinking was, maybe, I was on a server with a load of trolls. The amount of vehicles purposely left in ridiculous positions was atrocious, blocking entrances, roads, prepper shelters and all sorts. Not the sort that would give likes!

Deleted member 19782

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My thinking was, maybe, I was on a server with a load of trolls. The amount of vehicles purposely left in ridiculous positions was atrocious, blocking entrances, roads, prepper shelters and all sorts. Not the sort that would give likes!

I just thought: "There should be a dislike option" but that would not only be against the purpose of the game, it would also be abused to death.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK

It's breaking me too, I'm getting almost no likes despite essentially single handedly rebuilding the roads myself. It's starting to piss me off - because I keep seeing signs posted near autopavers asking for roads - but nobody is helping me build the damned things. I've basically decided to say fuck it, and just ignore the roads - people don't wanna help, and they don't seem to appreciate the work so that's a meh from me dawg.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Quick question regarding difficulty level, but do you get more Likes completing deliveries on Hard vs Normal or Easy?

Would you basically need to do less deliveries to upgrade connections on higher difficulties?

Deleted member 19782

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's breaking me too, I'm getting almost no likes despite essentially single handedly rebuilding the roads myself. It's starting to piss me off - because I keep seeing signs posted near autopavers asking for roads - but nobody is helping me build the damned things. I've basically decided to say fuck it, and just ignore the roads - people don't wanna help, and they don't seem to appreciate the work so that's a meh from me dawg.

I'd help you if I could. Basically on the same spot as you.

I need to build more roads. Central America is rocky as hell. LEND ME YOUR METALS!

Even with the lack of roads I was able to deliver the perfect Pizza!

...Go get the truck. I am coming with you.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So i tried to go through the Mads fight without using the weapons. And only using the non-lethal BT handgun. But because i had bad aim, i didn't have enough ammo to stop his flunkies. So i kept dying over and over again.

The whole reason for this, is i was afraid to use lethal force because it might affect the game.
There is a bit more. But i'll post about that later.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
I saw a MULE trip and fall off of a cliff while scrambling to chase me down. Still laughing.

I tripped a sensor I think it was just below the South Lake Distro Center. I watched them going over to jump down this one cliff portion, one after another jumped off and fell flat on their face, knocking themselves out. I think it was about three or four that actually did this, with another two going around a longer way.