• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Played the first 3 hours. So the prologue and chapter 1. What a brilliant experience. Beautiful scenery that is very similar to the North West of Ireland. Cutscenes and graphics are the usually Kojima quality. Story is intriguing and I'm liking the gameplay. Music both tracks and the theme songs are class.

Fantastic first session and I've no regrets after buying it week 1. Roll on tomorrow's play session.

Feb 4, 2018
Anyone know how to time your scan so it counters the MULE's scan so you remain undetected?

What timing am I looking for?
Once you get past their poles, wait like a second and then ping them. The poles send out a signal to the center of the camp, then one comes back. You need to counter the one that comes back. If you don't see the first signal, ping anyway. It doesn't always show up for some reason.

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like that must have been added to the game either very late or very early because of his absolute dead silence during the whole thing. Seems clear that Reedus was not present during that scene and they didn't know what to do with him.
A lot of scenes are like that in this game. Pretty sure it's intentional.

Kojima can't seem to break away from the "silent" protagonist idea that he started in MGSV. At least in that game, it made a lot of sense once you got to the end of the game. I'm not sure if Death Stranding has any justification for this, but I could be wrong.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I want to do a delivery of 18 chiral printer cartriges to lake knot city.

How do I manage that??? I steal a truck from the mules nearby but even the truck isn't large enough to carry all 18 cases (size L).

I tried to do two runs but when I get too far the packages that I leave behind get lost...

Any idea???

Alastor3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there supposed to be a highway constructed for when i have to make the autobot delivery from the lake city to the distribution ?? I swear, the highway wasn't completed 1h ago and suddenly, i have to go all the way to the distribution and now it's complete??

I feel like the game just linked me with someone who made the highway for convenience sake, like, no way i would had enough battery to go all the way there...

I just feel like the game level up with you, there was no challenge because they put me in the best position... unless other people might said the highway wasn't constructed for them but i doubt

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to do a delivery of 18 chiral printer cartriges to lake knot city.

How do I manage that??? I steal a truck from the mules nearby but even the truck isn't large enough to carry all 18 cases (size L).

I tried to do two runs but when I get too far the packages that I leave behind get lost...

Any idea???
Floaters, lots of floaters.

I had to cancel the delivery, when i saw how much it wanted my to carry. LOL.

I'll come back to it later. With floaters.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017

Holy shit, I can't use a vehicle??? LOL

I haven't even unlocked the floaters. Yeah, I will come back later...

EDIT: On a side note...

I'm at chapter 3, doing deliveries, enjoying the game, taking my time.

I notice that people never like my constructs. I had less than 2 thousand likes and I build a lot of stuff.

I'm like "Whatever, I don't even care about social media stuff, who cares about likes anyway???"

Eventually I decide to build a road, and after a lot of hard work I finish it and went to grab something to eat to congratulate myself so I turned the game off.

Came back after less than an hour and when I turned on the game and did my first delivery I noticed that I had received almost 60 THOUSAND LIKES IN LESS THAN AN HOUR!!!

Yeahhhhhh...I think I'm starting to feel the Oxytocin kicking in...LMAO! I love this game!

Last edited:

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Did anybody take the mountain pass to capital Knot City for that 30 minute mission? I already set it up with ropes and ladders ealier,but I feel like I'll reget not taking the trike.

Smidig

Nov 13, 2017

You'll get a truck with more capacity later in the game that you can fabricate yourself. I'd wait until that. I think that one has enough capacity.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'll get a truck with more capacity later in the game that you can fabricate yourself. I'd wait until that. I think that one has enough capacity.
Ahhh. I had one that i took from the MULE lads.

I can make a truck now. Would that have enough, or do i have to get a higher grade one ?

ZeroNr

Oct 20, 2019
Someone already said this here, but i think time will be very kind to Death Stranding. There isnt anything like this, and probably wont be for some time. The transversing aspect and social strands are a game changer and this game will be sugested a lot for people that are sick of CODs, assassins creeds and the like. It will have amazing legs even in the ps5.

Also there was a interaction with BB that freaked me out. Holy shit.

Jan 20, 2019
Is there supposed to be a highway constructed for when i have to make the autobot delivery from the lake city to the distribution ?? I swear, the highway wasn't completed 1h ago and suddenly, i have to go all the way to the distribution and now it's complete??

I feel like the game just linked me with someone who made the highway for convenience sake, like, no way i would had enough battery to go all the way there...

I just feel like the game level up with you, there was no challenge because they put me in the best position... unless other people might said the highway wasn't constructed for them but i doubt

You welcome xD.

At least 6000 peopel use my highway, you might be one of them.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dark1x in your follow up Death Stranding tech analysis, you mention the game has surprisingly low input latency, but don't mention what it is. Could you tell us what input latency you measured for the game?

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Game finished.

Top 3 of this gen, awesome experience, the story is soooo good... Im going for the Platinum for sure.

Hopefully the next Kojima game is similar to this.

It's an incredible experience, be a delivery man has never been so fun, awesome and epic before.

Jangowuzhere

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Like being able to offload your cargo, there should be a button that you can hold to auto-arrange the cargo you're carrying. It feels clunky having to go into the menu every single time.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Question about chapter 3's ending:
I didn't fully get what the deal was in the scene with Higgs. Fragile chooses to save South Knot City, but I guess the bomb blows up on her way to the bottomless pit, just at Middle Knot City?

But if all she wanted was to prevent a disaster even at the cost of sacrificing herself, couldn't she have run in any other direction with the bomb? lol

From what I understood...

The bomb in Middle Knot had already gone off, this was a second bomb

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can you actually just take on BT's with the Ch.3 grenades? Or is it still better to just stealth through them? I've taken a few out with them, but I can't tell if it drew the others to me or not. Their death shriek was so piercing it just scared the shit out of me so I simply moved the fuck on lol.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
You welcome xD.

At least 6000 peopel use my highway, you might be one of them.
How do you check how many use it ?
I made some too but I don't know where to look at ^^

Do we know how they consider if you made the highway ? I mean, the posts where I added components, there was already some added by other players but I added the majority to finish them

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
God the visuals in this game

EJIKnY1UwAARdME

Jan 20, 2019
How do you check how many use it ?
I made some too but I don't know where to look at ^^

Do we know how they consider if you made the highway ? I mean, the posts where I added components, there was already some added by other players but I added the majority to finish them

It tells you the amount of peopel that like you and you cant like roads.

I built 1 highway 100% and 2 90% and im at 50% with the 4, if you finish the highway is you how gets the likes.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
i love the futuristic sounding synthesizer parts of the soundtrack, really good stuff

would love if they had done with more from that and a bit less Low Roar tbh, after the fifth song it got a bit old.

Scuttlefluff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hahaha, I had a tall stack of cargo on my back, went through one of the doorways in the MULE camps and it lopped the top bits of cargo off! Such a small Kojima touch.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Also, did I mention how fun it is to
throw piss and shit grenades at BTs?

It's both hilarious and very satisfying. Especially when you HAVE to get a move on and get a bit panicky at the state of your cargo and wondering if it will survive the trip.

Delivers a real fuck you to the enemies that I haven't felt since I played the new doom and wielding the double barrel shotgun.

Someone already said this here, but i think time will be very kind to Death Stranding. There isnt anything like this, and probably wont be for some time. The transversing aspect and social strands are a game changer and this game will be sugested a lot for people that are sick of CODs, assassins creeds and the like. It will have amazing legs even in the ps5.

Also there was a interaction with BB that freaked me out. Holy shit.

Yeah this game will indeed stand the test of time.

Other AAA games will be forgotten about much more quicker then this one.

May 24, 2019
Did anybody take the mountain pass to capital Knot City for that 30 minute mission? I already set it up with ropes and ladders ealier,but I feel like I'll reget not taking the trike.

I didn't see a clear path through. After jamming my bike against rocks trying to escape BTs a couple of times, I figured you weren't supposed to take it. It worked out pretty tense on foot. All of my boxes ruined just as I cleared the rain, which made trying to find a path down the hill pretty scary.

edit: Oops. I meant the trek to the port.

ZeroNr

Oct 20, 2019
So seems like these game didnt cost that much to make after all. With like 80 employees in Kojipro, how much do you people think this needs to sell to break even?

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
How does the social stuff work. Like, if I get the game a week from now will I have missed out and there will be roads and ladders all over the place.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing on hard and I'm not exactly sure what the difference is? So I'd say it's perfectly fine to play on hard.

You can change the difficulty whenever you'd like, so there is no harm in starting out in hard mode.

Same, I'm playing on hard and it feels just right. I don't really know what difficulty changes. It's not like you're in fights all of the time.

How easily you're detected maybe?

Hard is fine for most gamers I'd say anyway. Feels good to me.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Same, I'm playing on hard and it feels just right. I don't really know what difficulty changes. It's not like you're in fights all of the time.

How easily you're detected maybe?

Hard is fine for most gamers I'd say anyway. Feels good to me.
Hard feels like what I would expect normal in a game to feel like.